956: Tough Call

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Bren
Be positive!

956: Tough Call

Post by Bren »

Olivia's testimony at church draws unexpected attention, including from a girl who doesn't want anyone to know she's not a Christian

The Olivia arc continues and is becoming my favorite in recent memory.
I love that Marshal continues to touch on deep topics with this Olivia story. I found myself identifying with Jade along the way. While I've never doubted my faith per say, I have had times where I exprienced feelings like Jade such as missing out on something and not having peace among other things. However, I am so thankful that God has place so many great friends in my life that I can turn to in the difficult times.

I also like that Marshal continues to touch on the influence the devil can have if we allow it. Be that through music, video media, or even a dead Russian philosopher.
I hope this is not the end of where Olivia's story goes.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This was a nice way to continue the Olivia storyline, with her helping others. I was cringing a bit at the "hey let's video call this random person on the internet that we know nothing about" which I realize is in service of the plot line but in general is really not best practice. ;)

I did like the emphasis that even people with loving and supportive Christian parents can struggle - I think sometimes there's that idea that if the kids (at whatever age) are struggling that it's due to parenting flaws/not walking out their Christian walk in a loving way/whatever. Parental example does matter; however, I like this focus that kids still make their own choices and hopefully takes that burden of fault away for some kids and parents.