Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Post by bookworm »

It's actually happening! :mad:

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was kinda worried he’d be too old and grumpy to finish it, so yay! \:D/

I didn’t hate Crystal Skull as much as most people but this looks a more promising finale.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was so happy to watch the trailer! It looks like fun. I will definitely be seeing this in theatres. I agree with Top that Crystal Skull isn't terrible. I actually like it, just not as much as the originals. I think it got over-criticized.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Lots of people joke about how there are still only 3 Indiana Jones movies, and I agree with them except I include Crystal Skull and remove Temple of Doom. For me my biggest complaint about Crystal Skull was some of the questionable CG like that scene with the ants.

I'm really excited for this and can't wait to see it.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Reddo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:46 pm Lots of people joke about how there are still only 3 Indiana Jones movies, and I agree with them except I include Crystal Skull and remove Temple of Doom. For me my biggest complaint about Crystal Skull was some of the questionable CG like that scene with the ants.

I'm really excited for this and can't wait to see it.
I actually almost said in my earlier post that I prefer Crystal Skull to Temple of Doom. There are a few iconic moments in Doom that I like, but if I was picking a movie to watch, I prefer Crystal Skull over Doom. It's more fun and has less icky stuff, and I like the Marian storyline.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm interested to see if they give an explanation for not having Mutt in this, or just never acknowledge anything about Crystal Skull at all.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, good question. I guess they could hand-wave him away with a line about being busy. I haven't been paying enough attention to know if he has been confirmed as not appearing at all. A cameo could provide an explanation for his whereabouts (on his own adventure somewhere or whatever) in some way without making him a main character.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I like Shortround and ToD has some neat sequences but overall I just don't like it, I'd take Crystal Skull over it any day... but preferably I just stick with Raiders and Last Crusade.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"No time for romance, Dr. Jones!"

It's funny that for such a controversial topic, we have a lot of agreement on this thread!
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

I figure that every other Indy film is great and so we're due for a great one! I'm really looking forward to this one!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I thought word was out on Indy 5 but just yesterday I mentioned it to someone who was surprised to hear about it. They were an Indy fan and were interested in seeing it once they heard about it. Maybe it's just still early? Or maybe I like Harrison Ford more than some people. Who knows? :inlove:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It keeps looking better to me! I was in regardless - no convincing needed here. :inlove:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Contender for worst movie poster. :(

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Indeed. I really hope that this is just the poster they put out so we're all extra happy when the real poster is revealed. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! Thanks bookworm. I hadn't seen that there was a new trailer. This looks really good! I love Indy and Harrison Ford, so maybe I'm an easy audience, but this looks super fun to me and seems like it has all the action, adventure, and humour that I expect in an Indy movie. Looking forward to this one!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This one finally gave a real look at what the actual story is going to be about; just enough to get a very general idea, not seeming to reveal anything too significant unless you wanted to go in completely blind.

It was perfect for me, I didn't want any real spoilers but wanted some slightly better idea of what to expect than the previous teasers had given. I don't want to see any more content pre-release now, I'm ready to go see this! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, I also like to have an idea but not big spoilers, so this was good. It feels like there are fewer movies that feel worth going to the theatre for (whether that says more about movie releases or me, I can't say for sure) ;) and this is definitely something I'm looking forward to seeing in theatres.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I saw it yesterday!

Tagging my reaction just in case thread viewers want to have absolutely no information before seeing it for themselves, but no actual spoilers are contained I'm just sharing my takeaway "feel" of the movie.
I avoided any reviews or story details before going, but I saw in general that the response has been very mixed so I was eager to see which side I would be on. Turns out I'm actually pretty exactly in the middle.

If you're hoping for a return to form of the classic movies, this definitely isn't that, sadly. But it is a better send-off than Crystal Skull would have been.

I didn't love it, but I liked it well enough. I'm glad it was made. It's by no means a bad movie, just could have been a bit better in some areas.

I'll probably make another post sometime going into actual detail about a few certain things I had thoughts on; maybe not until after an eventual second viewing. For now I just wanted to put up my immediate reaction of just how I felt about it as a new/final part of the series.

The one thing I will specifically make note of is the callback to Raiders in the final scene was very well done and really moving.