Favorite Fall Foods and Drinks?

The leaves are falling and the fun is happening here at the Fall Festival! Come join us to celebrate the many joys of autumn.
KnittingFun14
Processing
Favorite Fall Foods and Drinks?

Post by KnittingFun14 »

I always enjoy a cup of hot spiced cider along with a game around the kitchen table with my family. \:D/

We've always just made it with cinnamon sticks, cloves, and the cider. Simmering it on the stove for a while until it's hot and flavorful

What are some of your all's favorite foods or drinks you enjoy having in the fall? If you have any recipes I'd love to see those too! :D
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Save me a slice, bookworm! :yum:

I love hot chocolate, especially peppermint hot chocolate, and I consider fall the start of the season for that.

I'm not a big fan of hot apple cider. My mom made some the other day and I had a few sips, and that was plenty for me. Last year I bought some fancy apple juice that didn't have all the spices and stuff, and that was really good. I had it hot and cold and it was good both ways.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:32 pmSave me a slice, bookworm! :yum:
We actually only ever had one that one time it was store bought. Kept the decorations so we could theoretically make our own now, but never have. Don't know if I ever will, I'm not really a baker.

I do want to make my own version of the cookies one year though that seems fun.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm not much of a baker either, so no criticism here. You could just put the decoration on a regular store-bought cake. #workingsmarternotharder O:)
Petrichor
I'm a teapot

Post by Petrichor »

I know it looks more like a Christmas drink, but they start selling Candy Cane Lane tea around November, so it always feels like a fall drink to me. It's just the best on a gray, rainy day. And my niece calls it bear tea. :inlove:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just made some candied pecans the other day, which seem like an inherently Fall treat. I used these instructions which couldn't be simpler. :)

This isn't the first time I've made them, but for the first time this time the thought crossed my mind to try mixing them into something else. I had a box of Peanut Butter Chex on hand and that flavor combination sounded like it would be good so I tossed together a bowl of roughly twice as much Chex by volume as pecans and tried some.
I could not believe how good it was! :drool: I mean I expected it to be good, it seemed like it would certainly be a winning combination. But it's so far beyond just good, it was ridiculously delicious! I used all my willpower to not eat the whole bowl before Thanksgiving so the family who were coming over could try it, and they all also absolutely loved it.

I will definitely be making this again, and definitely not be waiting until next Fall!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that sounds delicious! I wonder if they sell Peanut Butter Chex in Canada. I would love to try that combination.

Return to “Fall Festival 2022”