Football Pool XIV

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Football Pool XIV

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It's time again for the annual football pool!

No one has participated for the last couple years, sadly, but I'm still running it since it's one of our oldest community events. Hopefully at least a few people join in this time. Since we still don't have a forum money system there's no entry fee, so this is a great chance to play along just for fun!

How it works:
The football pool is an event run week by week, each being a separate competition. You don't have to enter each one. Simply post your picks any week you want to play.

Each week you want to join, post which team you think will win each game that week here in this thread. Then guess what the total combined score (TCS) of the two teams in the Monday Night game will be. (Or guess the TCS for whatever the final game being played that week is if there is not a Monday game or there are more than one that week.) PM bookworm your TCS prediction. Then just sit back and watch how the games turn out.

The player who predicts the most correct winning teams wins the week. If there is a tie the winner will be the player who sent in the TCS prediction that was the closest to the actual total combined score of the game. TCS predictions are first come first claim. If someone else already guessed what you send in you will be asked to pick another score. (If you end up going to the tiebreaker and the other person who sent that TCS doesn't I will use your original prediction.) Picks posted after the game has kicked off will most likely not be counted toward your score, so be sure to stay on top of things and get your entry in on time. If you forget to post before the Thursday night game you can still get your picks for the rest of the week in if you post by the weekend.

This game adds some extra fun to the football season, and you don't have to be super into the sport to play you can just make your picks based on what little you know about the teams, or you can even just pick randomly! :)

Week 1:

Thursday:
Bills @ Rams
Sunday:
Saints @ Falcons
Browns @ Panthers
49ers @ Bears
Steelers @ @ Bengals
Eagles @ Lions
Colts @ Texans
Patriots @ Dolphins
Ravens @ Jets
Jaguars @ Commanders
Giants @ Titans
Chiefs @ Cardinals
Raiders @ Chargers
Packers @ Vikings
Buccaneers @ Cowboys
Monday:
Broncos @ Seahawks
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey, I remember playing this a few times back in the day! I really don't care about the NFL but I do like being right, so if you post for the new week (and maybe tag me so I remember) O:) I'll play!

I'm also available to predict CFL playoff winners this weekend on an as-needed basis. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- November 10th, 2022, 4:23 pm --

Thanks for posting Catspaw; usually I would have still been posting the weekly lists even though no one else was playing yet in hopes someone would jump in eventually, but I decided not to keep doing that this year because if no one was paying any attention it was a waste of time. (It doesn't take a large amount of time to do, I made an application a few years back that helps automate some of it, but it's still more time than I cared to spend on something that apparently no one cared about.) But if anyone finally spoke up I was happy to start doing it again.

I can't make this week's list in time for the first game, tonight, but I will make a note to do the one for next week if you still want to play!

-- November 16th, 2022, 1:57 pm --

Here you go anyone who wants to jump in this week.

Week 11:

Thursday:
Titans @ Packers
Sunday:
Bears @ Falcons
Panthers @ Ravens
Browns @ Bills

Commanders @ Texans
Eagles @ Colts
Jets @ Patriots

Rams @ Saints
Lions @ Giants
Raiders @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Vikings

Bengals @ Steelers
Chiefs @ Chargers

Monday:
49ers @ Cardinals

Result: 8-6
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Meh, if you don't want to do it, don't do it just for me - but I don't mind playing if it's fun for you!

Thursday:
Titans @ Packers
Sunday:
Bears @ Falcons
Panthers @ Ravens
Browns @ Bills
Commanders @ Texans
Eagles @ Colts
Jets @ Patriots
Rams @ Saints
Lions @ Giants
Raiders @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Vikings
Bengals @ Steelers
Chiefs @ Chargers
Monday:
49ers @ Cardinals
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOOKWORM FOR WINNING WEEK 11's FOOTBALL POOL!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

The results are as follows:
bookworm - 8 correct
Catspaw - 4 correct

It's been so long since I've posted one of those messages! Had to go look up how Ryder always had it formatted. :)

I'm happy to resume making weekly lists if you want to keep playing Catspaw.
I know you don't really care, but if nothing else it increases your post count. ;)

Week 12:

Thursday:
Bills @ Lions
Giants @ Cowboys
Patriots @ Vikings

Sunday:
Broncos @ Panthers
Buccaneers @ Browns

Ravens @ Jaguars
Texans @ Dolphins

Bears @ Jets
Bengals @ Titans
Falcons @ Commanders
Chargers @ Cardinals

Raiders @ Seahawks
Rams @ Chiefs
Saints @ 49ers
Packers @ Eagles

Monday:
Steelers @ Colts

Result: 13-3

-- November 30th, 2022, 3:24 pm --

Week 13:

Thursday:
Bills @ Patriots
Sunday:
Steelers @ Falcons
Broncos @ Ravens
Packers @ Bears

Jaguars @ Lions
Browns @ Texans
Jets @ Vikings

Commanders @ Giants
Titans @ Eagles
Seahawks @ Rams
Dolphins @ 49ers
Chiefs @ Bengals
Chargers @ Raiders

Colts @ Cowboys
Monday:
Saints @ Buccaneers

Result: 8-6
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thursday:
Bills @ Patriots
Sunday:
Steelers @ Falcons
Broncos @ Ravens
Packers @ Bears
Jaguars @ Lions
Browns @ Texans
Jets @ Vikings
Commanders @ Giants
Titans @ Eagles
Seahawks @ Rams
Dolphins @ 49ers
Chiefs @ Bengals
Chargers @ Raiders
Colts @ Cowboys
Monday:
Saints @ Buccaneers
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOOKWORM FOR WINNING WEEK 13's FOOTBALL POOL!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

The results are as follows:
bookworm - 8 correct
Catspaw - 5 correct (didn't pick 2 games)

Week 14:

Thursday:
Raiders @ Rams
Sunday:
Jets @ Bills
Browns @ Bengals
Texans @ Cowboys
Vikings @ Lions
Eagles @ Giants
Ravens @ Steelers
Jaguars @ Titans
Chiefs @ Broncos
Panthers @ Seahawks
Buccaneers @ 49ers
Dolphins @ Chargers
Monday:
Patriots @ Cardinals
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Oh man I forgot about this. >_>
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bummer, Top - you could have been in second place instead of me! Congrats to bookworm for being the winner. \:D/

It's almost the Super Bowl, I hear...I cannot verify this personally as Canadian football wrapped up a few months ago. ;)