Magic School Bus reboot?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Magic School Bus reboot?

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw something about this a while ago, but I didn't want to get too excited until there was actually something to watch! Magic School Bus is awesome, and I really hope that they do it justice on the new show, whenever it eventually gets completed.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah it was apparently announced years ago, but I had never heard about it.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Hmm. I think I remember someone talking about this a few years back. They probably didn't have the funding or imagined the premise wouldn't be appealing towards the audience. :-k Given my love for cartoons, I know I would give it a chance and others as well. People are always interested in seeing their favourite childhood programs updated.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It looks like The Magic School Bus Rides Again (or something along those lines) is hitting Netflix later in September! \:D/ I really hope that it's good! I'm looking forward to checking it out.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Did anyone ever check this out at all?

I didn't realize it actually came out, I expected I would see something about it around the internet when it did since it's such a cultural milestone, but either there weren't buzz and reactions going around when it finally dropped or I just missed them because I never noticed the release. I randomly remembered this thread just now and looked up the show to check if and when it premiered and was surprised to see how long ago it was.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I totally forgot about this thread. I have seen a few episodes (with kids, not all by myself) ;) and they were fun. I've heard some split opinions between the new ones being better (obviously the animation is a lot better just by being so much newer) and people still preferring the old ones. I think the new and old episodes have a similar feel to them - focused on learning in a fun way, puns, kid jokes, etc. I liked how the special episode about space had a cameo from Chris Hadfield, a Canadian astronaut! \:D/
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

If it doesn't have Dolly Parton singing Christmas songs about recycling, I'm not interested. https://youtu.be/nPyWqM9OmOE?&t=31
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Classic! I admire your strong moral stance on your viewing choices, Patterson :yes: