Disenchanted

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Disenchanted

Post by bookworm »

Any fans of the first movie surprised/excited it's getting a sequel after so long?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I didn't realize there wasn't a thread yet! Just this morning I was listening to the radio and was reminded that today is the release date for Disney + and I want to watch it soon. I was definitely surprised when I saw the news, but pleasantly so. They have the original cast back plus they have a fun premise, and it looks like more magical musical fun to me. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'll be watching it sometime fairly soon as well. As I said in the other thread, I finally saw the original movie and liked it a lot so I'm up for seeing more to the story. Interesting idea to have Giselle tilt toward the villain side if I'm interpreting the trailer correctly, that seems out of character for her, but then, as much time has passed since the first movie came out in the movie's world as has in the real world so she's not going to be exactly the same character as we saw last. There's definitely something that could be interesting to explore there, as long as it's only temporary as I'm sure it will have a happy ending.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I got about twenty minutes into it the other day. So far, it feels like WandaVision 2.0, but overall better than I was expecting. I'll definitely finish it once I have time to sit through the rest of it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I liked it okay. It's definitely not as good as the first movie, it wasn't bad though. Did it need to be made? Probably not. But was it worth being made? Sure. I don't think it was just cashing in on a known property for no reason other than doing that, like some other revivals or remakes one could name. There was a genuine continuation of the story to explore here.