951: Final Minutes

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Bren
Be positive!

951: Final Minutes

Post by Bren »

As Odyssey's longest day nears its end, another crisis is just the beginning. Connie, Whit, and Detective Polehaus must use their limited time to try to save those closest to them
When Jason flatlined it kinda scared me. I'm so glad everyone got out safe ad sound. I guess the story is over for now. I really want to see the writers persue a relationship with JIllian and Jason now.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bren wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:33 am
As Odyssey's longest day nears its end, another crisis is just the beginning. Connie, Whit, and Detective Polehaus must use their limited time to try to save those closest to them
When Jason flatlined it kinda scared me. I'm so glad everyone got out safe ad sound. I guess the story is over for now. I really want to see the writers persue a relationship with JIllian and Jason now.
Totally agree on Jason! It was an intense scene. I never thought they'd actually kill him off that way, but it was still a bit scary, like you said, Bren.

I loved the story carrying through the album and I liked how it did come to a reasonable resolution while still leaving room for more fun in the future.

I am also in on the Jason and Jillian romance! I have been from the beginning, and this real Jillian seems like they've finally got a character that meets all the qualities that Jason needs instead of just a few. I get that it's a kids show and there's only so much romance they can reasonably work in...but at least a few good scenes better show up in the next few seasons!

I love AIO and there have been episodes here and there that I've enjoyed in the last few years, but it's been a while since there was a whole album that I loved all the way through. This one was a big winner for me! Excitement, intrigue, romance, great characters new and old, and faith in daily life. Good stuff!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Woah I didn't think ham would play out that way. Poor Whit.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:19 pm
Woah I didn't think ham would play out that way. Poor Whit.
Well, in their defense, some people like their ham well-done.
This new album made me want to go back and listen to past episodes with Jillian.
chadagonye
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by chadagonye »

I loved this whole album and have listened to it an embarrassing number of times for a grown person. That said, I do have some questions. Maybe someone has caught something I missed and can enlighten me.
Why wasn't Jillian there the morning the shop got burglarized? Was she off thwarting another conspiracy against Jason? Or did she know in advance something big was going to be going down and the plan required that she let it happen?
Who was Jillian talking to on her dramatic phone call at the end of the first episode? Her boss? (Saying "it's me" is kind of weird in that context, no?) I know the purpose of this call was to drop a bombshell while leaving a gigantic cliffhanger, but it sure sounds like more of a bad-guy call than a law-enforcement-professional call. I'm sure it was hard to make it ambiguous, but it still kind of bugs me.
When and how did Skye plant the bomb? Did the bad guys also get her access to a staff card so she could access the service elevator or help her get to the room some other way? And how did she carry it into the hospital unnoticed? Did she plan to need a charge, and therefore need to stop off at the hospital, despite its unlikeliness given her root? Or was she always planning to go to the hospital and it was just bad luck for her that Polehaus heard the low battery notification and got on the right trail? Was it in her trunk and that's why the suitcase had to go in the back seat? [edit - I see from the Kathy Buchanan interview that the bomb was in her trunk. I'm still not sure how she got in and planted it, though!]
How big was the chip such that it could be injected without leaving any obvious mark, but still makes a tinkling sound when dropped into the surgeon's dish?
I guess Morrie and Suzu just fended for themselves while all this was going on?
And (spoiler for another Kathy Buchanan masterpiece, Find a Penny, while I'm on a roll...)
If Jason's intelligence connections can get him access to airport video footage, couldn't he also just search passenger manifests?
That one has been bothering me for years.

At any rate, I agree with some others' comments that this is the most solid and fun album AIO has put out in years. I will never get tired of hearing
Connie's gasp when she realizes Jillian is a secret agent.
And Jason's line
I'm the leak! They're READING my BRAIN!
is just too much.