Summer Celebration: ToO Game Night!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Summer Celebration: ToO Game Night!

Post by bookworm »

I've been wanting to start hosting a recurring series of ToO game nights for a long time, and seeing how fun the Apples to Apples playtest had been made me determined to finally get one scheduled even though the big picture I have in mind hasn't fully come together yet. Kicking off the start of Summer seems like a good occasion to invite folks to get together for some fun! \:D/

This will be pretty similar to the playtest event last month, but for ToO Forum and Chatroom members only so it's a small familiar group. I'm working on plans to eventually allow us to coordinate with various online game sites so people can group up based on interests in a wide range of game types, but for now things will center around using our GameBot. :)

Please come join us for this fun community building event! Sunday, June 26th, in #gameroom
I'll start things off around 7pm Eastern, there is no scheduled end time I expect things to go well into the evening so you can come and go as you please, drop by any time!

Please help plan the new date - see this post!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Based on the #gameroom logs, it looks like tonight was kind of a bust. Unfortunately I was stuck at work and unable to make it this evening. Hopefully I can make it to the next one.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Only KnittingFun ever showed up all evening. The two of us had fun, but as a community event it was disappointing. Nini already plays games with us on a regular basis, this was intended to bring in some of the folks who don't think to drop by the Chatroom without knowing there's a planned event happening.

I know I made a mistake scheduling it on a hockey night; when I picked the date I had thought it was an off day. If that was a factor in not attending though, it only would have been so for a couple people as far as I know, so I doubt that is the reason for the turnout. I'm hoping it was just a bad choice of date for everyone, for whatever reasons, but since there was no feedback I have no way of knowing. :|

If someone would have wanted to attend but this particular day or time wasn't going to work for them I expected they would make a post stating that. No one did, but then no one came. So is there just not interest in something like this? :shrugs:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

If it helps, I would have come if it hadn't been 1am here :anxious: I have a discipleship thing on Thursday, so that's my one all-nighter for the week. . .sorry xD

BUT this sounds like a fun idea!
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I had a last minute dinner with my inlaws, and then hockey came on right when we got home...or I was going to pop on.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I know that for me, Sunday is generally a bad day for events. The starting time overlaps closely with the time that our church evening service begins.

I was a little disappointed it was scheduled for Sunday, although I thought it might still attract a small crowd anyway. I'm sorry to hear the event didn't pan out at all. I did drop in later on in the evening, but I had other things on my mind, so I didn't really hang out.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks, that is the kind of input I was expecting (and needing) to get from people if they had it. If the day wasn't good was it just that particular date that week, or is a certain day of the week always a bad fit, etc.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I didn't see this thread until now.. :-
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We're gonna have another go at this.

If you're reading this post, please reply if you would attend one of these events if the scheduling worked for you - that is, could we plan on having you come in general, are you personally interested in the idea.

If yes, please include in your post any known days of the week and times which would not work for you as a rule. (For example, 'I usually have a meeting on Tuesday evenings.') If you know a specific date that won't work you could post that if you want, but since I don't have a certain week in mind right now I'm wanting to get a general idea formed of when the interested attendees would be able to come that could be applied to any given week as long as nothing unusual comes up.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Wednesday nights are church for me, and Saturday nights are often (but not always) busy with family commitments or baths etc for the kids getting ready for church the next morning. Most other nights could work, just depends on the week.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

My schedule is all over the place so I have no idea if I can make it for sure or not, until right before. I love these events, so once a date is planned I'll try to make it but I can't promise anything. I know that usually Sunday's are busy for me, since we often have family over and they stay later.
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I'm definitely not available Sundays and Wednesday nights, I'm generally not available Friday nights, and I'm less likely to be available on Saturdays. Other than that, my schedule (for now) tends to be relatively open. If this changes in the near future, the effect will probably be to restrict my days while leaving evenings/nights open.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

As it stands right now, my open nights are Tuesday and Friday.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

I'd definitely attend these events if they work in my schedule. I happened to be busy on the 26th, but generally I am more free during the weekday nights. Weekend nights also work for me most of the time, it just sometimes depends on what's going on during my week.
So, overall, I'd be up to joining whatever day works so long as it is not too early in the evening as my schedule better allows activity later in the evening.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."