Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers

Post by bookworm »

Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

Looks like it will probably be another mediocre, alright but not that good kid's flick like Sonic or the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. I haven't seen much of the original Rescue Rangers show, but it doesn't look like the fans will like this at all. It's sad that disney realizes nobody wants it, yet will make it anyway just for the cash. They basically admitted as such in the trailer. They also mentioned how bad trying to make everything look realistic looks, but that's exactly what they just did to Dale.

I just hope that Disney leaves TaleSpin alone(they won't), as that's my favorite disney cartoon of that era. OG Ducktales was alright, but it lacked the humor and heart of the Donald Duck and Scrooge comics. The Ducktales reboot was pretty good although there were a few things that irked me as a fan of the comics and how lame they made some TaleSpin characters. OG Don Karnage was hilarious, but they sapped all his personality away in Ducktales 2017.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

As a 7 or 8 year old or whatever when this originally aired, it was my favorite Disney Afternoon cartoon. This, uh... I usually like the weird take on things like this is, but this is such a strange property to go that route with. I will give it a shot, for sure, since its just a Disney Plus thing I won't have to go and sit in a theater for or whatever.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't think I ever watched the original show - maybe I saw a few minutes here or there. I might watch this, since like Top said it won't be at any additional cost or inconvenience to me, especially if I hear it's decent and I'm handing out with kids who are interested in seeing it. I will admit to liking Looney Tunes: Back in Action (don't judge me) so the mix of animation and real life doesn't bother me.
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

It was actually pretty good!
Baloo's cameo in it was voiced by Stephen Curtis Chapman! I loved Ugly Sonic too./spoiler]
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Patterson wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:55 pm It was actually pretty good!
Baloo's cameo in it was voiced by Stephen Curtis Chapman! I loved Ugly Sonic too./spoiler]
Haha, that's unexpected. I'll have to pay attention for that. I don't know when I'll watch but I heard that this was pretty fun and I do want to watch eventually.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm probably going to watch it some time too. I wasn't sure if I would before, when I thought it was just a Rescue Rangers thing, because I have no prior connection to that series at all, but I've heard a little bit about this movie and apparently it's actually less about that and more a property mashup and meta commentary movie. Maybe a letdown for Rescue Rangers fans who had expected to get more Rescue Rangers from this, but better for general audience interest I think. (Such as myself, since learning this has turned me around on considering watching it.)
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

I haven't seen the original Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers tv series, but I enjoyed It, especially all the Disney and non-Disney cameos they had in the movie.
I also thought it was cool that they made Peter Pan the main Villian
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Since we're still talking Rescue Rangers, I'll happily chime in. I like the show, I grew up with it. My siblings and I have watched almost the whole show together and we own a lot of the episodes on DVD. It's funny, it's cute, it's creative, the characters are likable.

The movie was... not what we expected. When we saw that bonkers trailer, we didn't know how to react or process it, we just chatted and laughed, the trailer was so strange and not at all a standard reboot. We were kind of mad when
they revealed Peter Pan was an ugly villain.
To our surprise, we liked it. We've watched it twice. It has funny moments, it moves along at a fast pace, the cameos weren't AS big a part of the film as they could have been but they were very nerdy and fun. Nobody will be surprised that I was especially pleased when certain little ponies briefly ran past. The conceit of what's happening to the characters being kidnapped was funny, and a little dark and disturbing, while being unapologetically silly and over the top. My siblings and I enjoyed it. Recommend Rescue Rangers, if you're still curious give it a watch.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I saw it. It was aight. I don't think I care to watch it again. It was funny but predictable funny which is aight but I like things to take me by surprise.
If you know me, you know that I'm a fan of Peter Pan. (To be clear though, I prefer the 2003 Universal Studio version. Don't really care for the Disney Peter Pan) I thought it was interesting to make him a villain. Didn't hate it. His origin story made sense. I read somewhere that it was sadly close to the original Peter Pan's voice actor's life. Some people said it was Disney's way of admitting what they did. I dunno. Did think him staying in the outfit was a little weird..
Don't know what I should leave as public and what to leave as spoiler
I really enjoyed Ugly Sonic's character. Probably the character I enjoyed the most.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks for posting Kaida, I thought of you specifically when I accidentally read about that plot point a while back and I wondered what you thought about it if you saw this.

I still plan to watch it at some point even though the story has been spoiled for me. Actually I think it's because of that, oddly. Learning what the movie is actually about was what made it seem interesting to me.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I didn't look at the spoilers! I started watching it a while ago but I was really tired and just stopped watching and slept instead and never went back to it. I will get around to it one of these days.