Marvel's Eternals

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Marvel's Eternals

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I want to be excited but it just isn't gripping me. I just want the new Spider-man. >_>
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

I read this as "Marvin's Eternals" at first, which I suspect would be a very different movie. 😆
I'm kind of at the point where it feels like I've seen basically every superhero film, because I've seen at least one superhero film.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I do want to see this but I can't claim to be super excited. I hope it ends up being a good movie. It seems like a lot of new characters to keep track of.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I watch the Marvel movies, but when they come out on Disney+ or DVD at the public library. I'm trying to recall if I ever spent money on the Marvel movies. I don't think I did, but now they are definitely just milking their formula for sky-beams, faceless CGI armies, and superpowered individuals just punching each other in the face.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well the good news this comes to Disney Plus on January 12th, 2022. \:D/

The bad news is then you might end up watching it. Easily, easily my least favorite MCU film. I'm honestly surprised they didn't just can it entirely or put it on Disney Plus as just some weird "what if?" movie not in continuity.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the Disney Plus info, Top. I never bothered to go see The Eternals after seeing lame reviews and just in general being super busy. I do want to eventually see it, maybe more out of a sense of completion than anything else.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I still haven't seen it, wasn't really interested in it, I'll watch it on Disney plus just for completion of watching everything MCU related
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I finally watched Eternals yesterday. I always meant to at some point and had some time. My expectations were already low, so while it wasn't awesome, I also didn't expect it to be. I'm glad I didn't bother to go see it in theatres, but just to sit in my living room watching it on Disney Plus was fine. I turned the subtitles on after a while because I thought I was missing stuff, between accents and unusual names. My first post in this thread was correct - there were too many characters to keep track of. To have brand new main characters introduced and then still some surrounding characters....that doesn't work for me. The ending clearly was setting up a sequel, which added even more drama with a character we didn't see a ton of in the movie. I have no problem with ensemble casts...like in a TV show, where you have tons of time to get to know characters, or Avengers, where we already knew and cared about a bunch of main characters. This didn't quite work for me. I'm glad I saw it just so it anything comes up related to it in future Marvel movies or shows, I know what's going on.