049: "Thank You God"

The real meaning of Thanksgiving

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How did you like the episode?

5 Stars. Great!
46%
4 Stars. It's a good 'n.
31%
3 Stars. I liked it.
23%
2 Stars. I wouldn't listen to it again.
No votes
1 Star. Terrible.
No votes

Total votes: 13

Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

049: "Thank You God"

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I am reveiwing "Thank You God". You can hear it here while it's still up.
Wasn't that a great intro? Who doesn't want a tour of the AIO radio production station? "This is the music department, I wonder what they're playing today?" \:D/

"I'm thankful when somebody else goes first." :D Connie is totally honest. How often have you had to say what you're thankful for and you had no idea what to say? It's tough to say something you're thankful for, why do you think that is?

"I like Thanksgiving because you get out of school." "You know there's a lot more to the holiday than that."
What's the most important part to thanksgiving? Whit leads Rodney to the answer, "Thanking God for all we have."
Rodney (Not Rathbone) says that he has nothing to be thankful, and that's when Whit tells his story about his stepmother Fionna.

"Just because bad things happen doesn't mean that God isn't there." Rodney lost his mother, Whit lost his mother, Fionna lost her sight. These are all bad things. How can we continue to trust God in these bad situations?

My brother's car broke down recently, and he's had to travel to his work place with a co-worker. This was a bad thing, his car was important and it was expensive to repair. How can this be a good situation?
My brother learned that he could trust God, and he did. God even turned the situation into a good thing.
My brothers co-worker was not saved. These trips that occured because of the broken down car were an opportunity for my brother to witness to his co-worker.

God can take all things and turn them for good.

Discussion questions:
What is the meaning of Thanksgiving?
Why is it hard to say what you're thankful for when the basket gets to you?
How can we continue to trust God when things go wrong?

And just for STRYPER, who heard the stream in the background when they were resting their horses? That was some good sound effects.
Last edited by Lord_Kappa on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

It's a day to give thanks to God for all he's provided us. I can't think of any other way to put it.
Most of us are young Americans here, so I'll be talking about that group in my reasons.

First, and this has to do with our society, we have a sense of entitlement, which makes it hard to be thankful, as we see everything we get as something we deserve.

The second reason, for younger folk, is that it's hard for us to appreciate what's given. Most of us don't work, and don't realize just how gracious God is in providing for us.

And the third reason, for Americans, is that we aren't exactly lacking in the possession department.
I've heard people in the past say "Well, I didn't get what I wanted, so God didn't answer my prayer." To which I would say "Sure he did; the answer was a no though, instead of a yes." The conversation would usually turn to God's plan, and how he knows our needs better then us.

And that's what I keep in mind when things get rough. We know that in the rough times he's watching out for us (All things work together for the good of those who serve him) (insert verse about being refined in the fire here), and he's got things under control.

Granted though, that's not always easy.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Great job Kappa =D> I always liked this episode.
The meaning of Thanksgiving is to give thanks God for all He has done in our lives.
I think sometimes we simply can't think of things when we're on the spot, at least that's how it can be for me.
We can continue to trust God through bad things because we know that in the midst of our problems, God is with us and will help us through our problems.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I have another question, pretend that we're at the table and the basket is at our place. What do we say as we drop the kernal in the basket? What are we thankful for?

Me, I'm thankful for an abundance of water on this planet. \:D/
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Rathbone is not spelt wrathbone. :shame:

And I would be thankful I get internet acess so I could get on the ToO
g-r-a-c-e
Not as new

Post by g-r-a-c-e »

lol!!! I havn't even heard this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I bet it's GOOD!! no...for my poll: GRAET!! LOL! well...ok! from, the new memeber, :D
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

*thread merged*

At Thanksgiving dinner, Whit tells the story of how his stepmother changed his life.
This is a good episode about thanking God. It's Whit's testimony episode and it's Agnes Riley's first episode. Maggie Malooly played both June Kendall and Fiona Donneral. I recognize it now, but as I kid I never could. 5/5.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?