Is there an ... intro thread?

New Person doing Things

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Is there an ... intro thread?

Post by coffeeappreciation »

Hi! I've been listening to AIO for..20 years, probably? Then college happened, and work. Covid slowed things down some and I've had some time to think on the things I used to enjoy as a kid, so now I've started again a few weeks ago. It's such a great show!

I used to participate in a forum similar to this when I was a kid, but it was for Gilead Lane, and I've missed that sense of christian radio drama community ever since that forum got taken down. Anyway, I couldn't find an intro thread. Hope this wasn't put in the wrong place.

I kind of just want to find out if I've missed out on any great sagas since I left. Anything really big, slightly world-changing, and long similar to the Novacom saga happened ever since then? I did enjoy it. Any awesome BTV's? Did anyone else get married, disappeared, or got found that was pretty show-stopping or long coming? I stopped keeping up maybe shortly after the novacom saga, probably? That was an exhausting one, but interesting. Thanks!
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Hi, welcome! :D There is an intro thread that you can post to here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1115&start=8340

It sounds like the forum you're talking about is CBH? I was a member there years ago, so it's fun to meet someone from back in the day!

I'm glad that this crazy year has gotten you back into AIO! I'm probably not the best person to fill you in on all the AIO happenings since I'm still catching up myself, but there are definitely people here who can get you up to speed on all that. :yes:
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member

Petrichor wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:21 am Hi, welcome! :D There is an intro thread that you can post to here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1115&start=8340

It sounds like the forum you're talking about is CBH? I was a member there years ago, so it's fun to meet someone from back in the day!

I'm glad that this crazy year has gotten you back into AIO! I'm probably not the best person to fill you in on all the AIO happenings since I'm still catching up myself, but there are definitely people here who can get you up to speed on all that. :yes:
Thanks Petrichor. Yes, it was CBH! That was a fun place. I imagine it must have been a headache to monitor though. Always wondered why it got took down.
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey coffeeappreciation, welcome to the ToO! \:D/ I'm glad you found us. I was never on the CBH but it sounds familiar. I think there will be other ToOers who used to be part of that forum.

I think Novacom was a great saga and that AIO hasn't done anything quite on that scale since then, but there have been some good episodes and shorter arcs. The Green Ring Conspiracy is a great album with all the episodes connected and building to some dramatic stuff, so I would definitely recommend it if you like the bigger stuff. :D
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member

Catspaw wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:02 pm Hey coffeeappreciation, welcome to the ToO! \:D/ I'm glad you found us. I was never on the CBH but it sounds familiar. I think there will be other ToOers who used to be part of that forum.

I think Novacom was a great saga and that AIO hasn't done anything quite on that scale since then, but there have been some good episodes and shorter arcs. The Green Ring Conspiracy is a great album with all the episodes connected and building to some dramatic stuff, so I would definitely recommend it if you like the bigger stuff. :D
Thanks! Ooh I remember hearing about the Green Ring Conspiracy. I'm not sure I ever finished it. I wonder if AIO will ever make something large-scale again. I loved being on the edge of my seat every week, waiting for the next ep to come out lol.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

coffeeappreciation wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:56 pm
Catspaw wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:02 pm Hey coffeeappreciation, welcome to the ToO! \:D/ I'm glad you found us. I was never on the CBH but it sounds familiar. I think there will be other ToOers who used to be part of that forum.

Thanks! Ooh I remember hearing about the Green Ring Conspiracy. I'm not sure I ever finished it. I wonder if AIO will ever make something large-scale again. I loved being on the edge of my seat every week, waiting for the next ep to come out lol.
Yes, I know what you mean. I was listening on the radio week to week during Novacom, so excited for each new episode. There is something special about that.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Although it wasn't a very dramatic story arc compared to some of the previous big ones, many of the major plotlines that have happened since then either directly proceed from or have been strongly indirectly influenced by GRC.

As far as big/world-changing events, six big 'character' highlights:
1) Wooton got married to a character introduced in GRC.
2) Eugene and Katrina are fostering a character introduced in GRC.
3) Tom died ('off-screen'; understood to be sometime between album 50 and album 51).
4) Connie's mother died.
5) Connie has a half-sister, and is currently her guardian.
6) After a while of secret agent drama, Jason is back in Odyssey and running J&J Antiques.
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member

Bob wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:43 pm Although it wasn't a very dramatic story arc compared to some of the previous big ones, many of the major plotlines that have happened since then either directly proceed from or have been strongly indirectly influenced by GRC.

As far as big/world-changing events, six big 'character' highlights:
1) Wooton got married to a character introduced in GRC.
2) Eugene and Katrina are fostering a character introduced in GRC.
3) Tom died ('off-screen'; understood to be sometime between album 50 and album 51).
4) Connie's mother died.
5) Connie has a half-sister, and is currently her guardian.
6) After a while of secret agent drama, Jason is back in Odyssey and running J&J Antiques.
Oh I can't believe I missed this post reply! This is so exciting. I was aware of 1, 3 and 4 somehow but not of the rest! :D
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Regarding Bob's point number 3:
Wow, I caught up to where I had left off, which is where the daily broadcasts caught up to about 2 weeks ago. I think I completely missed the bits about Tom Riley. I will have to go back to review that. As far as I knew, as of album 60, I simply hadn't heard anything from or about Tom in a while. I must have missed something big!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

KODY 105 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:43 pm Regarding Bob's point number 3:
Wow, I caught up to where I had left off, which is where the daily broadcasts caught up to about 2 weeks ago. I think I completely missed the bits about Tom Riley. I will have to go back to review that. As far as I knew, as of album 60, I simply hadn't heard anything from or about Tom in a while. I must have missed something big!
As of album 60, that's how it was; we hadn't heard anything and Tom's status was still up in the air. The announcement of Tom's official death on the show isn't until later. The statement about him having died in that specific time period, between album 50 and 51, isn't explicitly stated in the show, but seems to reasonably follow based on when Tom stopped showing up, and on the information we're given in the reveal episode. I can give you more specific details about it when those episodes are airing and you're ready for it (which shouldn't be too long from now).
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

coffeeappreciation wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:28 pm
Petrichor wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:21 am Hi, welcome! :D There is an intro thread that you can post to here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1115&start=8340

Thanks Petrichor. Yes, it was CBH! That was a fun place. I imagine it must have been a headache to monitor though. Always wondered why it got took down.
Aaayy CBH! The old stomping grounds.
I was under the impression at the time that there had been some pretty intense conflict amongst a specific group of people. I don't remember details, but I do remember being bothered enough by some of the stuff that I saw posted that I actually took steps to report it. It shut down right around the same time so I have always assumed there were more issues boiling in the background and they didn't have the resources to moderate things at the level that was needed. :(
Whatever the reason, it was certainly a sad day when they pulled the plug on it. Though, now I don't have all the immortalized reminders of what tiny Oriana was like on the internet. So... silver linings I guess. 😅
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

My biggest memory from CBH was the girl that died in the accident.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Pirate Oriana wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:28 am Aaayy CBH! The old stomping grounds.
I was under the impression at the time that there had been some pretty intense conflict amongst a specific group of people. I don't remember details, but I do remember being bothered enough by some of the stuff that I saw posted that I actually took steps to report it. It shut down right around the same time so I have always assumed there were more issues boiling in the background and they didn't have the resources to moderate things at the level that was needed. :(
Whatever the reason, it was certainly a sad day when they pulled the plug on it. Though, now I don't have all the immortalized reminders of what tiny Oriana was like on the internet. So... silver linings I guess. 😅
I never knew you were on CBH! What was your username? I was RoseHannah. Hopefully that's not too embarrassing to admit. :anxious:
I don't think we've ever actually "met," but I used to stalk your comics on the ToO back before I joined. They were so much fun. :D
Bren wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:44 pm My biggest memory from CBH was the girl that died in the accident.
Yes, I remember that, too. Her name was Rachael; I believe her username was some variation of ~Hearts~. I didn't know her, but she was the best friend of one of my good friends. She is still greatly missed.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Petrichor wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm
I never knew you were on CBH! What was your username? I was RoseHannah. Hopefully that's not too embarrassing to admit. :anxious:

So I actually didn't even remember until I checked the "For CBH Members" sub-forum. I was Lionprd12 in ye olden times.
Also, I do have a vague recollection of your username, but nothing specific (I have very few specific memories of anything that I said/did MYSELF :anxious: ) and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about, so worry not! :shame:
Petrichor wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm
I don't think we've ever actually "met," but I used to stalk your comics on the ToO back before I joined. They were so much fun. :D
Awww, man. 😊 Thank you so much. I'm literally making that weird frowny face that people do when they actually really appreciate something. ...That's a thing, right? Or is that just me? :-
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic