New Season Celebrations!

What will you do?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote:
The BC wrote:"Back to Abnormal"
Again, the 'everyone seems to have a 'stupidity quirk' comes into play with the first preview. I wasn't too impressed, however, I think the episode could be quite good. With everything with Malachi's message of working at the college, and his life's work there, it seems almost silly that they weren't using sadder music to help the tone. Needless to say, they were using 'slice of life' music for it. This is quite serious; Eugene lost his life-time employement...like...I'm a bit confused here.
I was at work tonight when it struck me; Eugene doesn't have his job at the college! Considering it'd be a major major 'goof' (as in, doesn't line up with a bunch of past episodes) I really hope he gets it back. I'm not too excited about this music career possibility we were told about...
I was just thinking - in "Malachi's Message" (which I haven't listened to recently) it doesn't actually say that he'll be with Campbell College forever, does it? I remember the "It will get worse before it gets better" line, and the worst has probably already happened, but the better part does not necessarily mean that he'll have his old job back. I don't think that a permanent music career is in line for Eugene, but I don't think that previous episodes have said that Eugene must work at Campbell College - we just connect him to it.

He might get his old job back and that would be fine, but having him go in another direction that still fits his character would also be acceptable to me.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Thank you, Mr. Hoobler.

Oh, Eugene! I'd hire you as my resident genius if I could. Dean Martin sounds like a boring dude, but he does have the potential to be a bad guy.

If the new season was food, I'd be doing this: =P~. Not quite this: :drool:, but I'm still very eager.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Jonathan wrote:
The BC wrote:"Prisonners of Fear" When I heard about the trip, I was expecting it to be a bit of Eugene needing to know exactly what happened to his parents. So, I was hoping for a trip to South America. Nevertheless, this has potential to be a great episode, as long as it's emotional, powerful and dramatic as the title is.
Eugene's parents died in Africa, so it could be about them. In fact, I'm counting on it.
The BC wrote:"Always" I LOVE the one word titles. They bring so much depth. You just know this episode will have some sort of depth to it, and something biblical and a thought-provoking ending. Again, looking forward to this one. (The Main character will probably be female.)
Since Nathan Hoobler told us it'd be about the Shepards, I'd say it's fair to guess Aubrey.
First, Africa? Heh, I guess I always thought it was South-America. Good news.

Where did Nathan Hoobler say it was about the Shepards? I feel they totally left the series, and though I didn't mind them, I'd certainly be interested to hear them again just so that the series dosn't die. (They're a bit of Jacobs, to Washigton's being Barclays.)
Catspaw wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
The BC wrote:"Back to Abnormal"
Again, the 'everyone seems to have a 'stupidity quirk' comes into play with the first preview. I wasn't too impressed, however, I think the episode could be quite good. With everything with Malachi's message of working at the college, and his life's work there, it seems almost silly that they weren't using sadder music to help the tone. Needless to say, they were using 'slice of life' music for it. This is quite serious; Eugene lost his life-time employement...like...I'm a bit confused here.
I was at work tonight when it struck me; Eugene doesn't have his job at the college! Considering it'd be a major major 'goof' (as in, doesn't line up with a bunch of past episodes) I really hope he gets it back. I'm not too excited about this music career possibility we were told about...
I was just thinking - in "Malachi's Message" (which I haven't listened to recently) it doesn't actually say that he'll be with Campbell College forever, does it? I remember the "It will get worse before it gets better" line, and the worst has probably already happened, but the better part does not necessarily mean that he'll have his old job back. I don't think that a permanent music career is in line for Eugene, but I don't think that previous episodes have said that Eugene must work at Campbell College - we just connect him to it.

He might get his old job back and that would be fine, but having him go in another direction that still fits his character would also be acceptable to me.
I kinda meant that 'we got the message' that he'd stay. Not that he did. Get it? Simply, all the time and he spent there over the course of the show, it seems pity that they simply threw that away in an instant without more drama.

BC
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The BC wrote:Where did Nathan Hoobler say it was about the Shepards?
Click here and go to the interview with Nathan at the end of the paper.

Also, could the small town thug thing be about Jana?

-Jonathan
Omega
Gold Member

Post by Omega »

For my celebration I will cough up a big hairball. *hacks* :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote: I was just thinking - in "Malachi's Message" (which I haven't listened to recently) it doesn't actually say that he'll be with Campbell College forever, does it? I remember the "It will get worse before it gets better" line, and the worst has probably already happened, but the better part does not necessarily mean that he'll have his old job back. I don't think that a permanent music career is in line for Eugene, but I don't think that previous episodes have said that Eugene must work at Campbell College - we just connect him to it.
I listened to Malachi's Message tonight b/c of this, and what Malachi is referring to when he says that is when he's answering three questions: 1. Will Katrina and he ever be happy together? 2. Where does faith fit into life changing decisions? 3. Are circumstances working in opposition to his relationship with Katrina. Now I paraphrased, but that's what it comes down to. The other part of Malachi's message to Eugene is "Be strong in the faith you have and the rest will be added to you; it will be just enough".
Catspaw wrote:He might get his old job back and that would be fine, but having him go in another direction that still fits his character would also be acceptable to me.
It'd be a big adjustment for me. While Malachi never says anything about Eugene working at the college, a few scenes still stand out and reinforce my desire that Eugene work at the college. The first is in part 1 when he's talking to Connie about working at the college and the other is in part 3 when where's talking to Dean Dr. Douglas Rogers about the college, as he put it, from his heart.

One last interesting note (which I found b/c of your post); I'm fairly certain that Dean Rogers is played by the same guy who played Dr. Marcus in The Perfect Witness.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:One last interesting note (which I found b/c of your post); I'm fairly certain that Dean Rogers is played by the same guy who played Dr. Marcus in The Perfect Witness.
It always bothers me that the voice for Dr. Rogers in "Malachi's Message" is nowhere close to his voice in "Plan B."

Hmm... my guesses for the shows.

Back to Abnormal
I haven’t heard the preview so I won’t say anything except that I guess Eugene’s going catch on the past 5 years. ;)

Prisoners of Fear, Parts 1, 2, & 3
I think it’d be terrific is this show was about Eugene’s parents... but that’s not what I was expecting. I’m not sure now but I’ll post what I was thinking. Eugene and Katrina are working among a tribe in Africa and trying to be a Christian witness. They come across a mystery and some of the people are “prisoners of fear” because they believe in curses or evil spirits or something. Eugene and Katrina get an opportunity to share the Gospel and the love of Christ as a result while solving the mystery.
I could be totally wrong... that’s just what I thought of when hearing the title and location. :)

The Business of Busyness
One of the kids starts a business? Whit starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off again? :lol: Ed Washington gets so busy at Whit’s End Connellsville that his family feels neglected?
Sorry, I can’t think of anything original.

All-Star Witness
I think sports when I hear this too. I also think of a courtroom. Perhaps this is some combination of both?

Always
*starts humming*
“Always Your words are true...”
So it’s probably about Aubrey. I’m glad that we’ll finally here from her again. I was beginning to think that we’d hear that the Shepards had gone into the witness protection program or something. :roll:

Tales of a Small-Town Thug
I think this could go a lot of directions. We’d all like to hear from Richard Maxwell again. Maybe Rodney fits the bill. Maybe one of the kids like... what was his name? Norton Hollingsworth? has a story to tell. Maybe it’s tied in with Nick’s past or some friend of his. Maybe it has to do with Ed’s ministry at Whit’s End Connellsville.

A Christmas Conundrum
A Christmas mystery? *looks hopeful*

Silent Night
Yay! Another Christmas show! :D\:D/ I didn’t expect even one this year since we had one last year.
This could go more directions that I’m going to guess.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Jonathan wrote:
The BC wrote:Where did Nathan Hoobler say it was about the Shepards?
Click here and go to the interview with Nathan at the end of the paper.

Also, could the small town thug thing be about Jana?

-Jonathan
After reading the interview; I'd say that's a deffinite possibility in the way he put, ''in not the ways we'd expect''.

The Interview helped me shape things a lot.
Chandler wrote: All-Star Witness
I think sports when I hear this too. I also think of a courtroom. Perhaps this is some combination of both?

And then I thought of something else. Could "witness" also be as in "witnessing" to other people? I see Aubrey is in the episode after this one, and so, maybe it's another attempt for Aubrey to witness to Nick, who is an all-Star Player. I wouldn't put much stock in that idea, but, it sounds reasonable enough.

One thing that I WOULD put a lot of stock in would be your plot idea for "Prisonners of Fear". It's original. Would work. And something I'd deffinatly enjoy hearing about.

BC
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The BC wrote:And then I thought of something else. Could "witness" also be as in "witnessing" to other people? I see Aubrey is in the episode after this one, and so, maybe it's another attempt for Aubrey to witness to Nick, who is an all-Star Player. I wouldn't put much stock in that idea, but, it sounds reasonable enough.
Hey, now there's an idea. Maybe have Aubrey pound some sense into Seth.

-Jonathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ooo, I hadn't thought of witness as in Christian witness! Good idea! It feels like Aubrey's done that a lot in previous eps, but it could still work. Maybe the kid from "A Lamb's Tale" is in it! What was it? G-something, maybe? :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Grady. And if I remember correctly, I think he'll be in the first show this season as well.

-Jonathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes! Grady! Thanks, Jonathan! :D I kept thinking Graham, but I knew that wasn't right. I like him - it would be nice to see him in a few eps!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The BC wrote:And then I thought of something else. Could "witness" also be as in "witnessing" to other people? I see Aubrey is in the episode after this one, and so, maybe it's another attempt for Aubrey to witness to Nick, who is an all-Star Player. I wouldn't put much stock in that idea, but, it sounds reasonable enough.
Hey... I think you're onto something there. :) Maybe we'll hear from everyone's favorite character (Seth!) again! :badgrin:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'm gonna listen to the new episode... While grinning widely.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Wow! This certainly looks promising. I think I'll finally set up the jolly old computer to download the mp3 version.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
Hey... I think you're onto something there. :) Maybe we'll hear from everyone's favorite character (Seth!) again! :badgrin:
Yes! Let's play football with Seth and Nick again - last time it turned out awfully well, wouldn't you say? ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Yes! Let's play football with Seth and Nick again - last time it turned out awfully well, wouldn't you say? ;)
The only weak part in the plot was the fact that Seth didn't actually die... :-k Other than that, it was great! \:D/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Jonathan wrote:
The BC wrote:I'm actually really frusterated. It's a weekn before the new season, and technically, officially, we've gotten no information whatsoever.

I mean, how do we officially KNOW that those episodes are NOT bogus and NOT made up by some evil do-er!

Process that!

I'm waiting for some info in Whitsend.org as well as the AIOHQ! Now, when's it gonna be?!?

I'm partially kidding,
Kidding or not, I feel the same way. I was sure we'd know something by now.

-Jonathan
There is info up now, guys! :D

I can't wait!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, I saw.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Another thing that is quite interesting is that in "Eugene Returns", which I received today in the mail (btw, enjoy the format), it says a preview of one of the episodes coming up this fall:

This is what is sas about 'the Mystery of the Lost Village"

"It can't be! could Eugene's past be connected toa lost village in Africa? Mystery surrounds Eugene and Katrina as they travel to Zaire. Caught up in a sturgle between two African tribes, the couple must overcome the lies that imprison their new friends. Plus: Tom thinks that all is lost when he gets sued, until he finds the perfect person to be his lawyer...Egene! Catch all the heart-pounding action--not to menton lessons on greed, dealing with change and lots more in Adventures in Odyssey's the Mystery of the Lost Village!"