Unpopular AIO Opinions

What are your unpopular aio opinions?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Unpopular AIO Opinions

Post by Monica Stone »

There are a lot of AIO fan opinions that most of the fan base seems to share. Most fans would agree that Jason and Jillian should not get together and that Novacom is probably in the top two AIO sagas, if not the first. But sometimes, you have an opinion that is unpopular or unusual. What are your unpopular opinions?

Here are a few of mine:
*Emily Jones is one of the best developed, most interesting kid characters in the entire canon of AIO.
*Although it is somewhat undesirable, I would rather have Jason marry Jillian than Connie.
*Album 51 is actually pretty good.
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Preach it sister!
*I actually kinda like that Connie is single. Like I'm not so cruel that I think she should stay that way forever but I'm really glad they haven't rushed anything.
*I don't really enjoy listening to Buck or Jules that much. Don't hate them or anything just kinda meh
*Going along with what Monica said, Emily is actually a really great character. She's one of the most real and genuine kid characters we've ever had.
*I don't think this is unpopular but Whit's writing has been really janky lately. He almost feels like a different person (not in a good way).
*I'm just gonna say it. Go ahead and stone me. I don't get all the Jason hype. Yeah he's really cool and I still think he's a great character but he's never been in my favorites.
*Penny is eh.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What a fun thread idea, Monica! I love it. :D I'm curious to see if enough people post the same opinion that they think is unpopular that we have to determine that it actually is popular but we just didn't know it because we were all afraid to say it. ;) Like a poll for the most underrated player in the NHL and almost everyone says the same guy - is he really underrated if almost everyone agrees he is underrated? Maybe nothing like that will emerge. We'll see!
I agree with Monica that I like Jason and Jillian together. I actually might like it more than she does. I think they're fun together. I'm totally okay if it doesn't go anywhere romantic, but they at least need to be friends.

In a similar vein (with the topic being Jason's love life) I actually really liked him with Monica Stone (no relation to the originator of this thread, to the best of my knowledge) ;) and waited for years for her to pop up again. Why did they bother with, "Are you going to bring my flowers, Jason?" "Maybe on Valentine's Day." if absolutely nothing was ever going to happen? Maybe at the time the writers thought they would develop that further and it just didn't happen for whatever reason.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

MonkeyDude wrote:Preach it sister!
*I actually kinda like that Connie is single. Like I'm not so cruel that I think she should stay that way forever but I'm really glad they haven't rushed anything.
*I don't really enjoy listening to Buck or Jules that much. Don't hate them or anything just kinda meh
*Going along with what Monica said, Emily is actually a really great character. She's one of the most real and genuine kid characters we've ever had.
*I don't think this is unpopular but Whit's writing has been really janky lately. He almost feels like a different person (not in a good way).
*I'm just gonna say it. Go ahead and stone me. I don't get all the Jason hype. Yeah he's really cool and I still think he's a great character but he's never been in my favorites.
*Penny is eh.
YASS TO THE EMILY LOVE! I hope she starts getting the appreciation she deserves.

I understand where your coming from about enjoying single Connie. I think the reason most fans (myself included) want Connie to get married is because they want her to have an arc. Would we agree on that point? ;)
I like your hot takes, even if I don't necessarily agree with them.
Catspaw wrote:What a fun thread idea, Monica! I love it. :D I'm curious to see if enough people post the same opinion that they think is unpopular that we have to determine that it actually is popular but we just didn't know it because we were all afraid to say it. ;) Like a poll for the most underrated player in the NHL and almost everyone says the same guy - is he really underrated if almost everyone agrees he is underrated? Maybe nothing like that will emerge. We'll see!
I agree with Monica that I like Jason and Jillian together. I actually might like it more than she does. I think they're fun together. I'm totally okay if it doesn't go anywhere romantic, but they at least need to be friends.

In a similar vein (with the topic being Jason's love life) I actually really liked him with Monica Stone (no relation to the originator of this thread, to the best of my knowledge) ;) and waited for years for her to pop up again. Why did they bother with, "Are you going to bring my flowers, Jason?" "Maybe on Valentine's Day." if absolutely nothing was ever going to happen? Maybe at the time the writers thought they would develop that further and it just didn't happen for whatever reason.
Thanks! I am genuinely curious to see where this thread goes :-D
I didn't necessarily say I liked Jason & Jillian together, but I like them together more than Connie & Jason together. I currently enjoy their interactions because they are fun together and make an interesting duo, but I don't think they would work together as a couple. Of course, the AIO writers may surprise me. My stance is not unchangeable.

If you couldn't tell by my username, I love Monica Stone and she is my ideal choice for Jason. I definitely agree with you on that one. I wish she would at least come back, even if nothing romantic happened between her and Jason.
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Monica Stone wrote:
YASS TO THE EMILY LOVE! I hope she starts getting the appreciation she deserves.

I understand where your coming from about enjoying single Connie. I think the reason most fans (myself included) want Connie to get married is because they want her to have an arc. Would we agree on that point? ;)
Not trying to start another civil war but #TeamEmily.

I can definitely agree with you on that! I think (correct me if I'm wrong) Connie biggest struggle/arc over the years has been finding a purpose in her life, and while I definitely have no gripes to her getting married, it'd be really nice for her to find that purpose outside of a love interest and maybe even outside of Whit's End.
Catspaw wrote:
Monica_Stone wrote:
If you couldn't tell by my username, I love Monica Stone and she is my ideal choice for Jason. I definitely agree with you on that one. I wish she would at least come back, even if nothing romantic happened between her and Jason.
Ok I seriously agree with you guys here. I really liked Monica and she was a super compelling character. I'd love to see her comeback.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

MonkeyDude wrote:

I can definitely agree with you on that! I think (correct me if I'm wrong) Connie biggest struggle/arc over the years has been finding a purpose in her life, and while I definitely have no gripes to her getting married, it'd be really nice for her to find that purpose outside of a love interest and maybe even outside of Whit's End.
Ok I seriously agree with you guys here. I really liked Monica and she was a super compelling character. I'd love to see her comeback.
I believe there was basically a war back in like 2012-2013 about Emily already but who knows, there could be another one :anxious:

I think Monica Stone might not be as unpopular as we think, maybe just not talked about. She was an amazing character. I'd love for her brother, Duncan Matthis to make a comeback, too.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Monica Stone wrote:
MonkeyDude wrote:
I think Monica Stone might not be as unpopular as we think, maybe just not talked about. She was an amazing character. I'd love for her brother, Duncan Matthis to make a comeback, too.
Yay! I totally agree with that. While I think it might not actually happen, especially considering how much time has passed, I think there's lots of potential for interesting storylines.
raspberryripple
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by raspberryripple »

MonkeyDude wrote:
Monica Stone wrote:

I think it would be nice to see Connie with Jeff Lewis (eventually), and possibly finding her purpose in missions work?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like that idea, raspberryripple! There could be lots of possibilities to explore there.
Lilgil93
Lurker

Post by Lilgil93 »

I would defiantly agree with Novacom album being the best thus far.
As far as Jason marrying someone, I would vote Connie.
Some of it is a fact Connie has liked Jason for a long time, (almost ever since he came to Odyssey) plus she has grown up a lot since her mother has passed away. And Jason has seamed to hit at liking her, from the eps I've been listening too. (Old and New)
I think it would be great for Connie to get married to Jason.
I realise Connie is about 25-27 years of age, and honestly, I can relate with her being single, and longing to be married. If I were her, I would go for Jason, hands down,
unless God has someone else in store.
Last edited by Lilgil93 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like the idea of Connie and Jason, other than I think there's a significant age gap. I know time is kind of iffy in Odyssey, but there's definitely a gap there. I think if they were going to do something romantic between the two of them, it should have happened already. I love both of the characters and want them both to be happy, but at this point I see them as better off as friends. I do sense the chemistry I think Lilgil93 is referring to.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

Keep Connie Single, most definitely! #AntiqueShipping (Jillian and Jason)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
Lilgil93
Lurker

Post by Lilgil93 »

Thanks, Catspaw!
I realize there is a big age gap for Jason and Connie,
(I know I had said before for Connie 25-27. And I always pictured Jason ten years older than her 35-40. Which isn't too bad, but I get what you mean) although we all can say the Odyssey timeline is a little wonky.

I know they have added Jullain in the mix. She is a nice character but one can tell Jullain gets on Jason's nerves and drives him a little crazy, but he does put up with her. I think Connie is the same way.

I like Jeff and Connie but there's just something that doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's because he is a pilot missionary and is always gone?
Where Connie wants/feels like God wants her to stay in Odyssey.
And Jason is the same (wanting to stay in Odyssey)
They have so much in common too.
Both him and Connie where engaged to had to brake their engagements.
Lol I guess I'm just going on about the reasons why Connie and Jason need to be together lol
Plus Connie needs to be a Whittaker so she can have the raspberry ripple recipe
Last edited by Lilgil93 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

I think all those are also good examples to keep Connie single as well... XD
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
raspberryripple
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by raspberryripple »

Lilgil93 wrote:Thanks Catspaw!
(I know i had said before for Connie 25-27. And I always pictured Jason ten years older than her 35-40. Which isn't to bad, but I get what you mean) although we all can say the Odyssey time line is a little wonky.

I know they have added Jullain in the mix. She is a nice character but one can tell Jullain gets on Jason's nerves, and drives him a little crazy, but he dose put up with her. I think Connie is the same way.

I like Jeff and Connie but theres just something that doesn't seam to work. Maybe it's because he is a pilot missionary and is always gone?
Lol I guess I'm just going on about the reasons why Connie and Jason need to be together lol
Pluse Connie needs to be a Whittaker so she can have the raspberry riple recipe
I love the point about Connie needing to be a Whitaker so she can have the Raspberry Ripple recipe :lol:

And I agree that Jillian drives Jason crazy sometimes, but I’m starting to see how it might go that way anyways.... especially after the “Nightmares By Constance” episodes where Jason and Jillian had to pose as a married couple to extract information from the suspect fiancé. Jason thinks Jillian is going to blow it, but she ends up surprising him by doing a good job. After that I can so see them turning into an item, and I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it yet either.
Lilgil93
Lurker

Post by Lilgil93 »

raspberryripple wrote:
Lilgil93 wrote:Thanks Catspaw!
(I know i had said before for Connie 25-27. And I always pictured Jason ten years older than her 35-40. Which isn't to bad, but I get what you mean) although we all can say the Odyssey time line is a little wonky.

I know they have added Jullain in the mix. She is a nice character but one can tell Jullain gets on Jason's nerves, and drives him a little crazy, but he dose put up with her. I think Connie is the same way.

I like Jeff and Connie but theres just something that doesn't seam to work. Maybe it's because he is a pilot missionary and is always gone?
Pluse Connie needs to be a Whittaker so she can have the raspberry ripple recipe
I love the point about Connie needing to be a Whitaker so she can have the Raspberry Ripple recipe :lol:

And I agree that Jillian drives Jason crazy sometimes, but I’m starting to see how it might go that way anyways.... especially after the “Nightmares By Constance” episodes where Jason and Jillian had to pose as a married couple to extract information from the suspect fiancé. Jason thinks Jillian is going to blow it, but she ends up surprising him by doing a good job. After that, I can so see them turning into an item, and I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it yet either.
Yes, I do agree with you Raspbrerrypple.
Jullian not my favourite for Jason, and true after that ep, I can see the possibility if they go that way.
I just kinda hope they don't lol, :anxious: something though to we don't know a lot about Jullian, (Is she a Christain, what is her back story, how old is she?)
To me, she seems younger than Connie possibly around 19-24 maybe.
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

I don’t like The Final Conflict. Checkmate is the best Blackgaard episode, and the second best Odyssey episode. Plan B, Part 2 is the best.
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Scientific Guy wrote:
I don’t like The Final Conflict. Checkmate is the best Blackgaard episode, and the second best Odyssey episode. Plan B, Part 2 is the best.

That might be the hottest take taken so far. I can't say I agree but I respect it. I'm curious though, what don't you like about it?
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Scientific Guy wrote:
Yo, I thought I there was something wrong with me for not being crazy about "The Final Conflict". I love the scene with Jack & Blackgaard in the tunnel, but the rest of it is kinda...Bleh? That might be harsh. I'd have to think about it. "The Last Resort" is personally my favorite DBD episode but I think "The Battle, Parts 1-2" is my favorite Blackgaard episode (and one of the best).

Plan B, Part 2 is one of the best Odyssey episodes! The whole Plan B tetralogy is amazing, but part 2 is definitely the best.
Jay_Smouse
Not as new

Post by Jay_Smouse »

-Jillian isn't too bad.
-Yes, Emily is a good character. I didn't know that was an unpopular opinion.
-Novacom isn't the best.
-The Final Conflict is one of my favourite episodes, mainly because of the tunnel scene.
-The Time Has Come is my favourite episode.
-I think the Parkers could stay longer.
-I didn't mind Barrett and I think he should come back.