Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice! You must have been busy studying to get a grade like that! :D

I saw three friends with young children in two days. \:D/ I stopped by to see a friend and her little girl Monday after work (leaving just as her husband got home, making him think he was scaring me away) ;) then found out that a friend who lives farther away but was visiting nearby was leaving early and wouldn't be there for our planned Thursday evening get-together, so I went to see her and her two little boys for a short visit Tuesday morning before work, and then after work I went on to my planned visit with a friend and her three boys. \:D/ Fun times. Today there was no visiting. I'm all tired out. ;)
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I HAVE SO MANY ASSIGNMENTS Dx Why do my professors think I have no life besides school? Oh wait... I have no life besides school.. :P
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

hahahahahaha You got this Penguin! :mrgreen:

I just finished my first piano lesson! A couple from church asked me to teach their 6-year-old son to play the piano. I'm pretty close with him, so I guess they thought he wouldn't mind learning from me. My first lesson went okay... I wasn't exactly sure what to exactly... I went to their house for the lessons, and their piano needs a lot of fixing before it's actually playable, so I couldn't start with songs right away. The lesson was probably kinda boring, but I think he understands some of the basics, and will be ready when the piano finally get's fixed. I guess we'll see how next week goes. ;)
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Tuesday was my birthday :)
On Monday I made birthday cookies for myself and another AWANA leader whose birthday was Sunday; he and everyone else loved them! The Cubbies sang Happy Birthday to me :) (Somewhat surprising since, not ten minutes previous, they couldn't tell our director the name of the leader who played kickball with them -- that being me!) It was so cute!
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Happy belated birthday, Lizzy! It sounds like you had a fun time! It is very sweet that the kids sang to you. :D
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Lizzy88 wrote:Tuesday was my birthday :)
On Monday I made birthday cookies for myself and another AWANA leader whose birthday was Sunday; he and everyone else loved them! The Cubbies sang Happy Birthday to me :) (Somewhat surprising since, not ten minutes previous, they couldn't tell our director the name of the leader who played kickball with them -- that being me!) It was so cute!
Hahaha, I'm laughing right now. :lol: Not because of what you said, but because I totally did not know you were actually HomeschoolCowgirl (on the SS) who is TheStepHat on the chat... who IS ACTUALLY LIZZY. =o Woooooww. xD ..And I am just now realizing you are the same person.

My mind is blown right now.

IT REALLY IS A SMALL WORLD. :mad:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Countess

Post by Countess »

xDDD @snubs

Learn to know the community :x

Congrats Lizzy! 16 is a great age.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Math class was cancelled today! Woot Woot! Not that I don't like my math class but it means I only have two classes today and I get to go home at 12 instead of 1:30
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Countess wrote:Learn to know the community :x
It's not my fault people like to use several different usernames. :x
Countess

Post by Countess »

*tries to think up a witty retort* :x

Anyone have any suggestions on how to plans one's own funeral?
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

snubs wrote:
Lizzy88 wrote:Tuesday was my birthday :)
Hahaha, I'm laughing right now. :lol: Not because of what you said, but because I totally did not know you were actually HomeschoolCowgirl (on the SS) who is TheStepHat on the chat... who IS ACTUALLY LIZZY. =o Woooooww. xD ..And I am just now realizing you are the same person.

My mind is blown right now.

IT REALLY IS A SMALL WORLD. :mad:
Maybe I sould put it in my signature or something...
Though I do remember telling you Cowgirl and TheStepHat were one and the same.
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Lizzy88 wrote:Maybe I should put it in my signature or something...
That would be helpful for people. :lol:
Lizzy88 wrote:Though I do remember telling you Cowgirl and TheStepHat were one and the same.
Yes, I you did.. but I had no idea Cowgirl and the TheStepHat were also Lizzy. =p
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

snubs wrote:
Lizzy88 wrote:Though I do remember telling you Cowgirl and TheStepHat were one and the same.
Yes, you did.. but I had no idea Cowgirl and the TheStepHat were also Lizzy. =p
Okay :)
snubs wrote:
Lizzy88 wrote:Maybe I should put it in my signature or something...
That would be helpful for people. :lol:
Done and done. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went to a used book sale with a couple of friends. We had a fun time and found lots of good books! Most of the books I picked up were for other people (because I'm the book person) ;) but I found a few for me too, including one that I bought because a random lady told me it was really good. She also got the book that I recommended ("Death Comes to Pemberly" by P.D. James) so I hope we both enjoy our random recommendations! :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Oooo, used book sales are such fun! \:D/ My mother-in-law has told me of a huge one sometime this spring in my area, so I'm looking forward to that. :yes:

I have some cleaning and cooking to do today, as we are holding church at our house tomorrow. Lots to do to get ready....but I also feel like taking a nap right now. :snore: Heheheheh.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I made chocolate chip cookies on Friday.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yum! Chocolate chip cookies are always the best! :yes:

It was my sister's birthday the other day, so today we had a family day with her and my brother-in-law. We ate a ton, chatted, opened presents, played a couple of games, watched a couple episodes of M*A*S*H, and generally had a great day together! :D It's so nice to have time all together.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I helped set up our library's used book sale the other day, and found lots of great stuff! Someone donated the entire first series of Murdoch Mysteries (unopened!), and I thought I remembered Catspaw recommending it, so I thought I'd give it a go. Hopefully I will find that my investment of fifty cents was worth it. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I read the first couple of books years ago, and they were okay, with a few little content issues but not a lot, as far as I recall. I didn't continue reading them, so I must not have loved them...I can't totally remember right now. :anxious: I hope they're good! :D The best part about used book sales is that if you don't love what you bought, at least you didn't pay a lot and you can just donate them back for somebody else to buy next time. \:D/ I do love Yannick Bisson, who plays the main character in the TV series, so that might be part of why you associate me with Murdoch Mysteries.

I had a lazy day today. It's nice to have time to catch up on laundry and those other little things that build up.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Oy, I'd hate to do laundry on my day off.

So I may be getting a job... only on Wednesdays, not all Wednesdays, and it pays nothing, but it is so FUN!
I may get to be the official photographer for our church's AWANA!!!
The prospect is quite exciting.