Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Well hello from South Africa, everyone \:D/

I haven't logged on here in forever, it seems like. I'm currently taking a gap year before starting college next fall. I spent this week in London, before continuing on to Cape Town, South Africa yesterday. I'll be here for the next few months living with a local family, doing mission outreach work, and experiencing the culture/exploring the country. It's pretty amazing so far, and I've only been here a day! :)
Whoa! :thud: That sounds fantastic! I hope you have a great year. :D Try to drop by to let us know about a few of your adventures!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I only have this week and next before finals begin. =o
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ooo, scary stuff! Good luck! :D (And by "good luck," I mean study hard, get lots of sleep, eat sensibly, and try your hardest.) ;)

It feels like every week is a busy week! If I don't have a meeting for work or a church thing or a friend thing, I'm playing catch-up on all the things I've been neglecting. It's all good stuff, but the time just slips away.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

my finals are tomorrow, but I have one take-home exam that is due Thursday (which I'll turn in by Tuesday). and then I'll be done with school.
then I move out of my dorm, and clean my side of the room.

Graduation is in January, so it doesn't feel real yet.

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, congratulations, Shennifer! :D Very exciting! It will (probably) feel real when you start job hunting. ;)

We had such a great family gathering yesterday! \:D/ Lots of great visiting with people we don't get to see very often, and enough good food for three times the number of people we had there. ;)
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

*throws confetti and Shennifer*
Yay! \:D/

I have finished with all my tough finals and only have one more tomorrow. It's actually just a quiz and i can afford to get a 0 on it because my prof replaces our lowest quiz grade with the highest quiz grade. :D I'm still gonna take it though =p
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Penguin wrote:I have finished with all my tough finals and only have one more tomorrow. It's actually just a quiz and i can afford to get a 0 on it because my prof replaces our lowest quiz grade with the highest quiz grade. :D I'm still gonna take it though =p
Whoohooo. \:D/ \:D/ :highfive:

Now we can plan a future hangout! 8-)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*is thrown in the air*

I'm done. (I mean, I haven't officially graduated, that's in January), but my schooling is over, and I've checked out of my dorm.

still have to pick up my cap and gown, but I'll do that tomorrow, and then get my Star Wars costume for Saturday \:D/

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Fun! \:D/ I have to wait all the way until Tuesday to see Star Wars. :sniff: (Plus I won't be wearing a costume.) Make sure you post a picture of your costume! :D

I had a busy day today. Lots to do at work, lots to do after work...good times. ;) But hey, I made it through the snowy roads and it's almost Christmas. Life is good.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Unfortunately, the costume shop is out of business :(

but I still bought a lightsaber. And I'll wear my Star Wars shirt :)

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, that's too bad. Oh well. I'm sure you'll still have a great time! :D

I spent the evening at a Christmas concert and got to hear lots of people express concern about my driving home afterwards because it's been snowing and windy. I could have had half a dozen beds to sleep in tonight! Luckily, as I kept telling people, the roads were fine (not totally clear, but fine) and I made it home safe and sound! I have winter tires for a reason. ;)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It's nice having my sister home, and getting to do fun stuff :)

Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I finished with the semester last week! :D I got all A's which I'm super happy for. 8-) My dad is gonna be teaching me how to drive during the winter break which I'm excited about! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ooo, learning to drive! Have fun! :D

I went to see Star Wars Episode 7 last night with my brother, my dad, and my brother-in-law (my sister doesn't like to watch movies in theatres). Yay! We went to an upgraded theatre (nicer seats etc.) because we could pick our exact seats online ahead of time that way (we bought the tickets two months or so ago - whenever they first were available) but it's an adults-only theatre because they can serve alcohol there, and I got asked for ID to get in! I'm 30 years old. I was surprised, and really glad that I did have my driver's license on me! I don't drink, so it's not like I was ordering anything. That was just to enter the 18+ area. I was surprised more than anything.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Catspaw's still got it, y'all.

Still got it...

\:D/

Oh yeah, how was Star Wars, by the way?! I'm sure you loved it. ;)
Last edited by Whitty Whit on Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whitty Whit wrote:Catspaw's still got it, y'all.

Still got it...

\:D/

Oh yeah, how was Star Wars, by the way?! I'm sure you loved it. ;)
Yes, it's my dream to look like I might still be in high school..... ;)

Star Wars was a great experience overall. There's just something special about sitting in the theatre hearing that iconic music! No spoilers, of course, but your post makes me think that you've seen it. :-$

Tonight my sister and brother-in-law came over for a family Christmas Eve together, and they'll be back for a big breakfast Christmas morning! :D
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Here's me and my sister (LizzieG) talking about the Husbands of River Song!

Enjoy :D

YouTube link fixed. -snubs

Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I am now in the final two weeks before I go back to school =o I've started reading ahead on my classes even though I don't have the right books, but they're for the same subject so it's pretty close. =p
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Penguin wrote:I am now in the final two weeks before I go back to school =o I've started reading ahead on my classes even though I don't have the right books, but they're for the same subject so it's pretty close. =p
Oh no! D= You're break is going by too fast. :boohoo: But kudos to you for trying to get a little head start. :highfive:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

NEERRRRDDD. Just kidding. ;D

Whale, my break was over last Friday. =p But I missed my students and things have been getting better each day this week.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty