Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I just played electric guitar in the church worship team for the first time. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Sounds fun, DanP!

We had an awesome time ice skating with the camp group today. Still haven't quite figured out how to stop, though.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Easy. You skate to the edge of the pond or the rink and run into it. At least, that's how it works for me... rollerskating...
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I got back from PEAK youth conference Saturday night. It was a very uplifting time as usual. :yes: But the heat was horrible.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yesterday I went to see Ant-Man with some friends (which was tons of fun!) and got an Oreo shake at Burger King. So yummy! I hope they're as good in the States as in Canada, because it was seriously delicious. Today I got to sleep in and then spent some time learning how to do some stuff at the church library so I can take on a summer project to help my mom out, since she's an avid volunteer there but I have more time in the summer than she does.
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

Catspaw, I think Oreo anything, especially ice cream related, is yummy \:D/ Although, I've never seen one at a Burger King :shock: Only McDonald's and Dairy Queen

I got to go to Kennywood on Monday and it was so stinking awesome!! :D I forgot how much I love roller coasters and thrill rides up until now. I went to Dollywood in Gatlinburg, Tennessee this June, but they didn't have as many rides as Kennywood does. I did get a headache off of two of the rides though. The Phantom's Revenge roller coaster reaches up to 85 mph, and that is not good for head, neck, and back when all they have is a lap bar ;) Still had great fun, though \:D/
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

What was your favorite ride?
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My sister and brother-in-law came to visit today, which was nice. Everybody has been busy so we haven't seen much of them lately, and we had a great time together! :D
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

Lizzy88 wrote:What was your favorite ride?
A launch coaster called 'Skyrocket' :mrgreen:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I just spent the last week working at camp, and on Saturday I had my 21st birthday. I was still at camp, so I got to have dinner with some of my favorite people there and then have a crazy huge bonfire. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Having a pretty great vacation with my family and my sister! I'm all done with my summer school, so this is a nice reward

Till the end of the line.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

My life is without Windows 10 at the moment. :(
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

(I don't mean to make Penguin jealous...but Windows 10 is downloading on my computer right now!!! \:D/ *dances*)

This week is show week. So my family and I are at the local show (or fair) where we are showing our animals. My little sister and I have a total of two animals there. Today, I got first place! Out of one though... ;) Tomorrow I will show again, but hopefully against more cows. On Friday will be another show. :yes: So...I'm pretty busy, and super tired as well.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations, Isaiah! Winning by default is still winning - you were the only one prepared to enter, apparently! Good luck the rest of the week!

I had a great day yesterday hanging out with my best friend and her two little boys. They managed to discover a package of styrofoam cups (in a room with a locked door) and rip them to pieces, so they got a lecture from my friend and then she went to barbecue and phone her truck driver husband about the latest fun part of her day ;) while I supervised clean up time. I love those boys, but it never ceases to amaze me what they think up! :lol: After they went to bed we watched three episodes of "Road to Avonlea," one of our favourite older TV shows! Good times. :D
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Thank Catspaw! ;) My family have seen the entire Road to Avonlea series... You gotta love Aunt Hetty! :D

So, show week is finally over, and I got first all three times I showed! I wasn't against anyone though... However, something cool really happened today. The last class for each breed of cows is when the judge picks the "Grand Champion" of that breed, meaning, the best looking cow. Today, my little sister and her little calf won Grand Champion! :D The breed had a total of 4 animals in it, but, still, it was a great accomplishment. :mrgreen:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:So, show week is finally over, and I got first all three times I showed! I wasn't against anyone though... However, something cool really happened today. The last class for each breed of cows is when the judge picks the "Grand Champion" of that breed, meaning, the best looking cow. Today, my little sister and her little calf won Grand Champion! :D The breed had a total of 4 animals in it, but, still, it was a great accomplishment. :mrgreen:
Oh, wow. That's super cool. =D Do you have a picture of this little 'Grand Champion' calf?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Thank Catspaw! ;) My family have seen the entire Road to Avonlea series... You gotta love Aunt Hetty! :D

So, show week is finally over, and I got first all three times I showed! I wasn't against anyone though... However, something cool really happened today. The last class for each breed of cows is when the judge picks the "Grand Champion" of that breed, meaning, the best looking cow. Today, my little sister and her little calf won Grand Champion! :D The breed had a total of 4 animals in it, but, still, it was a great accomplishment. :mrgreen:
Yep, Aunt Hetty has always been a favourite at our house too! ;)

Congratulations to your sister! That's great. :D

Tonight I was at my cousin's wedding. It was a smaller wedding, since both the bride and groom come from small families. The ceremony was outside and the reception was inside. It rained and there was even some hail a couple hours before the wedding, but it all cleared up and there were blue skies for the wedding! It was a lot of fun! There was tons of good food, plus it's always nice to have a chance to catch up with some family members that we see less often.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

snubs wrote:Oh, wow. That's super cool. =D Do you have a picture of this little 'Grand Champion' calf?
It was. :mrgreen: My sister was especially happy, because the Reserve Grand Champion, was a calf that had won first place all week, and this last day she beat her. Here is my sister's Milking Shorthorn (the breed's name) calf. Her name is SweetDreams, and she was born in late March of this year. With her, are the ribbons that she won.
Catspaw wrote:Congratulations to your sister! That's great. :D
Thank you. :D
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Last weekend my boss/mentor/good friend was getting married in Victoria, and so a couple days before the wedding me and about a dozen friends (who were also invited to the wedding) drove out of Alberta and all the way across British Columbia so that we could be in attendance on that momentous day. \:D/ Not only was the ceremony beautiful, the reception was also a ton of fun too, with good food and great friends and a whole lot of dancing. It was one of those rare opportunities one has to feel unapologetically happy, to rejoice with unbridled celebration. People should really get married more often. :yes:
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I finally got Windows 10! \:D/ I kept getting errors with Windows Update, but I finally fixed it last night.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: