What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Anatomy of Story - John Truby
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Ella's Wish last night, excellent. I have started Tried & True by Mary Connealy. It is the first book in her Wild at Heart trilogy/series.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote:I have started Tried & True by Mary Connealy. It is the first book in her Wild at Heart trilogy/series.
I think I need to get that book! I have a bunch of her books and wasn't sure if I wanted to buy her new series, but I just let my best friend borrow a bunch of her books and she loved them so much that I decided that I just might have to get her new books!

I was busy reading today! It's Thanksgiving here in Canada, and I had a wonderful time reading two books and starting a third. I really love days like that. I read "A Lady at Willowgrove Hall" by Sarah E. Ladd, the third book that she's written and one that I knew I had to read so I could lend it to my best friend this week, since she also really enjoyed the first two books that author has published, and then I read "Take a Chance on Me" by Susan May Warren, the first book in her Christiansen family series. I have started the second one, "It Had to Be You," but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to finish it. My goal is to read a bit more but to resist the urge to stay up crazy late reading it, since it's really good so far!
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

Les Misérables by Victor Hugo, it's amazing.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, Wakko, good for you! Les Miserables is one of those books that I want to read one day, but I don't have any immediate plans to start, if that makes sense. ;)

I stayed up late to finish my book last night, so I'm on to the next one in the series! I'm not too far into "When I Fall in Love" by Susan May Warren, but it's really good so far, and because I've been reading the books in the series so close together, I feel like it's all just one continuing story even more than usual, since I haven't had time to forget any details. ;) I love getting to read through a series close together! Now I'll have to wait until February for the next one. :(
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I am reading a Doctor Who anthology of each doctor. I am on the Third. :D
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Tried & True by Mary Connealy last night, I enjoyed it. Ms. Connealy's books are always a fun read. I am now reading The Daughter of Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky. It is the second book in her Edwardian Brides trilogy/series.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I recently finished Wonder by R. J. Palacio. It was one of the best books I have ever read. I highly recommend it!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sapphire wrote:I recently finished Wonder by R. J. Palacio. It was one of the best books I have ever read. I highly recommend it!
I've heard good things and I've been interested in reading it, but I don't want to buy it. My local library probably has it. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to reading it, since it comes so highly recommended!

I'm reading "Glamorous Illusions," the first book in Lisa Tawn Bergren's Grand Tour trilogy. I've enjoyed other books that I have read by her, and this one is really interesting so far. I'm about halfway through. I've been waiting to read this series until the library had all three in at the same time so I wouldn't have to wait. O:)
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I just read Unwritten by Charles Martin. Great book.

Now I'm reading Superman Earth One by J. Michael Straczynski.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

If the mailman ever gets here, I'll soon be reading Alcatraz, the sixth and final book in the I,Q series by Roland Smith and Michael P. Spradlin. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm on to the second book in the series by Lisa Tawn Bergren that I'm reading. "Grave Consequences" is a great book title. \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Daughter of Highland Hall the other night, it was excellent. I am now reading Mark of Distinction by Jessica Dotta. It is the second book in her Price of Privilege trilogy.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Borges on Writing - Jose Luis Borges

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Graces4you wrote:Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
That is one of the slowest, most mind-numbing books I have ever read and likely will ever read >.>

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Marvin D. wrote:
Graces4you wrote:Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
That is one of the slowest, most mind-numbing books I have ever read and likely will ever read >.>
I had to read it for my college lit class. It was so dense..... My teacher encouraged us to read summaries on sparknotes so that really helped,

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Pro tip: Always use SparkNotes/Shmoop when available. It's a lifesaver.

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Marvin D. wrote:Pro tip: Always use SparkNotes/Shmoop when available. It's a lifesaver.
It's helped so much for my lit class. And Grade Saver.
I also recently read A Long Way Gone. Definitely one of my favorites.