What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I just started reading The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. I love it so far!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I hate that book :(

Anatomy of Story - John Truby

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

What's so bad about The Hobbit, Marv?

I started Insurgent by Veronica Roth not long ago

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"The Blue Castle" by L.M. Montgomery. It's one of my all-time favourite books by one of my favourite authors, and I like to re-read it now and then. I actually had been planning to read it at this time of the year for quite a while, since the book starts the day before the main character's 29th birthday, so I always thought that it would be fun to start reading it the day before my 29th birthday, which I did. \:D/ I was pretty impressed that I remembered. ;) I just haven't had time to actually read much of it since then!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Marvin D. wrote:I hate that book :(
:shock:

I don't know if we can continue our friendship. :(
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I am currently reading Kendra Kandlestar and the Shard from Greeve by Lee Edward Fodi. It's okay, but not as good as I remember the first two being.
Once I finish that, I can start Reached by Allie Condie, which is a daunting 500 some pages.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am currently reading I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. I really like it so far!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Hoping to finish the Lost Books Chronicles after I finish the above

Till the end of the line.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Time is of the Essence by Jeremiah Lang

AKA the proof copy of my new book. :D
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woody, that's so exciting! :D Enjoy!

I'm reading "Dear Mr. Knightley" by Katherine Reay. It's really interesting so far. It's a modern-day story that is told entirely through letters, almost exclusively from one character, at least up until the halfway point, which is where I'm at. I would defininitely recommend it to fans of literature, since there are many references to Jane Austen's works, Jane Eyre, Anne of Green Gables, and lots more good stuff! \:D/ It's the author's debut novel, but it isn't one of those books where you could easily guess that that author hasn't done this before. ;) The story is very interesting, and the storytelling format works well.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Simple Faith by Anna Schmidt. It is Book 2 in The Peacemakers trilogy. I've read the first book and the final book comes out next month. Excellent so far.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Oh yeah, I read the first book the Peacemakers. Not a very good read. Decent. I am reading the Warrior's Redemption the first book in the series of the Warriors Kind. Not a bad book.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm about halfway through "Mansfield Park" by Jane Austen right now. I haven't read it before, but I am enjoying it and I'm glad I finally decided to read it! A friend and I were talking about how neither of us had read it, even though we both have read most of her other books, so I was inspired to finally start it.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I'm currently reading Xenocide by Orson Scott Card.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finished "Full Steam Ahead" by Karen Witemeyer. I really enjoyed it a lot. Her books always have that great mix of a good story, interesting characters, and a nice balance of still being a happy read while still feeling genuine...if that makes sense. ;)

I am currently reading "You Don't Know Me" by Susan May Warren. It's very interesting so far. She's one of my favourite authors, so I expected to enjoy the book, and it is definitely true so far!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Anatomy of Story - John Truby

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am currently reading A Beauty So Rare by Tamera Alexander. It is the second book in her Belmont Mansion trilogy/series. Excellent so far.:D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, I want to read that series, Laurie! I'm glad to hear that it's good. She's a great author.

I'm reading "Magic for Marigold" by L.M. Montgomery. It's one of her lesser-known books, and I'm honestly not sure if I've read the whole thing before or not. :anxious: I think I at least started reading it when I was much younger, and I might have even read the whole thing, but that would have been a very long time ago. I really enjoyed reading the first few chapters today!
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Catspaw wrote:I'm reading "Magic for Marigold" by L.M. Montgomery. It's one of her lesser-known books, and I'm honestly not sure if I've read the whole thing before or not. :anxious: I think I at least started reading it when I was much younger, and I might have even read the whole thing, but that would have been a very long time ago. I really enjoyed reading the first few chapters today!
I love Magic for Marigold! If it weren't for Anne of the Island, "Marigold" would definitely be my favorite Montgomery book. :inlove:

I'm currently reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth, and am rather disappointed by its stupidity thus far. :(