Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Amethystic wrote:That's right, I never did mention! Well, now's as good as anytime to show off my rather controversial (but totally awesome) summer job: http://www.unmaskingchoice.ca/endthekilling \:D/ You can probably surmise from the website what was on the banner. :- Oh, and to answer your question, Dan, a highway banner is a banner we hang over a highway overpass so that the people below will see it as they drive by.
..that would get some people mad, I think..
I only had time to look at the page a bit, I'd love to hear more of what you personally do. :yes:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Amethystic wrote:That's right, I never did mention! Well, now's as good as anytime to show off my rather controversial (but totally awesome) summer job: http://www.unmaskingchoice.ca/endthekilling \:D/ You can probably surmise from the website what was on the banner. :- Oh, and to answer your question, Dan, a highway banner is a banner we hang over a highway overpass so that the people below will see it as they drive by.
..that would get some people mad, I think..
I only had time to look at the page a bit, I'd love to hear more of what you personally do. :yes:
And I am happy to discuss it. :yes:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

So... discuss. I think that's what she meant, heh. I wanna hear, too. \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

I'm off to work at a summer camp for nine weeks!!! I'll pop in here every once in a while. Please pray for me as this job (counselor, lifeguard, kayaking instructor, etc. etc.) can be difficult. But I'm leaning on the Lord for strength, so we'll see how everything goes. May you all have a fantastic summer!!!
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Let's see, what did I do the last few weeks?

Oh yeah.

I became a Semi-Whovian o.o

You are all free to congratulate me or execute me or what-have-you.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Termite wrote:So... discuss. I think that's what she meant, heh. I wanna hear, too. \:D/
http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=33971 Voila! I have created a thread about my job. \:D/
Last edited by Amethystic on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Hello my people. I haz returned

Till the end of the line.
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

I have finished the first two weeks of camp and I am now a certified waterfront lifeguard! *claps for self*
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

My grandfather died peacefully last night. He was 80 years old and had two types of cancer. He was in hospice for the last week and we had to cancel our family vacation because of the funeral... so just pray that everything goes peacefully.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I spent most of today at my best friend's house, hanging out with her and her three little boys. Life is definitely never boring at her house! ;) I had lots of fun playing with the kids, including holding the baby. The best part about being the honourary auntie is that I get to hold the baby but I still get to pass him back when it's diaper change time. \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I wasn't planning to drop off the board so fast and for a few weeks. But life. o.O I've been enjoying seeing friends that I don't usually get to see, and surviving busy.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My summer has been extremely productive! I just finished ordering all of my college textbooks, and they have already begun to arrive. That makes me very happy and excited for college to actually start. I have been reading and writing a lot this summer. I also decided to take up French. I've been doing that for about two weeks, and I really enjoy it. Other than that, I've been working. So, that's my summer in a nutshell. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

BrokenButBeautiful wrote:I'm confused and I hate guys cause they confuse me...and I'm putting off homework.

<3<3<3
BBB
What is life without a little mystery and confusion? Think of guys as a kind of adventure and give them the benefit of the doubt. They're not as bad as you might think. Give them their space to be different. I guarantee we confuse them too. They make some of the best friends though. :hug:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Humby wrote:
BrokenButBeautiful wrote:I'm confused and I hate guys cause they confuse me...and I'm putting off homework.

<3<3<3
BBB
What is life without a little mystery and confusion? Think of guys as a kind of adventure and give them the benefit of the doubt. They're not as bad as you might think. Give them their space to be different. I guarantee we confuse them too. They make some of the best friends though. :hug:
Wow, that's a blast from the past! Just so you know, Humby, this thread has lots of pages. I think you might have just read page 1, where this quote is from, which is from 4 years ago. I think we've all done that at least once on the ToO!

Today I took care of some errands and went to a baseball game with my dad. The home team lost, which made it a little less fun, but we still had a good evening. The weather was perfect, there wasn't anybody super obnoxious near us, and I had a big, soft pretzel and real lemonade. That's more important than the actual game anyway, right? ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Today was a hard day - I had to put my sweet old doggie to sleep. :mecry: Oldsters probably remember the pictures I've posted of Pepper before, so I thought I'd pop on and post one last goodbye picture. Okay, off to cry some more now....

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

So sorry to hear about your dog Laura. I will be :pray: for you.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Lanirth
Lurker

Post by Lanirth »

Marvin D. wrote:What are some stuff that has happened in your life? Post interesting stuff here.
I saw a big, big mansion with 15 rooms on each floor today. It was awesome. Now you!

Hi! I`m Lanirth! I am completely new here, but know quite a bit about The ToO thanks to being friends (in real life) with JCGJ. Can`t wait to get to know everyone! Cya around! :mrgreen:
-Lanirth
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura, I'm sorry to hear that. :( It's nice to see one last picture of Pepper. I hope you and your family can enjoy some good memories in the midst of your sadness. :hug:

Welcome here, Lanirth. It's always nice to have people here at a friend's suggestion! :D
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Hey Lanirth! Nice to meet you :)

Life is good. I have not heard back from any of the places I applied to work at, but that's okay. I finished at art project, am currently reading a few books, and I try to make this summer as not boring as possible. In a couple weeks, me and my sister are going to see the play adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time (one of my favorite books)-it's a birthday present \:D/

I don't have a whole lot of friends who live near me that I can talk to, so sometimes I'm lonely. And I struggle to make time with God, but otherwise I'm not bad.

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I bought a new car a week ago! \:D/ I kept meaning to post about it but for some reason that didn't happen. I guess now I can post in honour of my one-week anniversary with my new car. Woohoo! It has a lot more features than my old car, which is fun. And by that I mean that my old car had a tape player (which I will miss every now and then) ;) and a CD player, and now I have satellite radio on a touch screen and a USB plug-in and all that other stuff that apparently comes with cars these days. It's a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid, so I am looking forward to cutting my fuel bill!