Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Wow, last week was a big week...

At graduation, I made it through my speech okay but they did forget our stoles. Then Saturday I learned I got first shift at a local factory. I am working in foundry maintenance. While that will be hot, it is varied work which I prefer over production. Also, no more late nights/early mornings for me as I have to be at work at 6:30 in the morning (but I get off at 2:30).
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

That will take some adjusting but you'll definitely get used to it and enjoy being off at 2:30. I had worked for years in around a noon to 8pm time slot, with a super rare 9am start time, but a couple years ago I switched to 7:30-3:30 and while I'd like to occasionally sleep in I prefer it overall.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I almost got an afternoon/evening lifeguarding shift and due to a wonderful turn of events I ended up getting a morning shift and I'm so much happier. I'm going to be able to do stuff with my friends in the afternoon which will be lovely and I'm glad everything worked out.
I have had an extremely relaxing month of May with no responsibilities and lots of swimming and working out which was nice.
I'm planning on doing a team triathlon again this summer so I need to train for that and I'm kind of doing an experiment with that so it will be interesting.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I leave on Friday for my summer job as Counselor/Lifeguard

I'm kinda nervous but excited

Till the end of the line.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Shennifer wrote:I leave on Friday for my summer job as Counselor/Lifeguard

I'm sure you'll do great. :yes: Plus, you have the advantage of working a job where getting doused with lemonade, water balloons, and/or chocolate milk isn't one of the occupational hazards. \:D/
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I work 8:00-ish to 3 or 5 almost every day. Some days it's really short depending on what needs to get done, but Saturdays are just another work day to the scheduler apparently. :P

@Anna: That sounds really cool! I wish I had a month like that. It seems so perfect. :D
Give good counseling and don't drown! \:D/
Last edited by Whitty Whit on Wed May 28, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:

I'm sure you'll do great. :yes: Plus, you have the advantage of working a job where getting doused with lemonade, water balloons, and/or chocolate milk isn't one of the occupational hazards. \:D/
I remember there being a water balloon fight when I was a camper at this very camp, so I'm not pushing my luck
Whitty Whit wrote:
Thank you! \:D/
we actually learned and practiced what to do if the victim grabs us out of panic

Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Shennifer wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

I remember there being a water balloon fight when I was a camper at this very camp, so I'm not pushing my luck
Whitty Whit wrote:
Thank you! \:D/
we actually learned and practiced what to do if the victim grabs us out of panic
I'm gonna be lifeguarding all summer and it's such a stressful job haha. I start work on Monday in the morning. Kind of excited, kind of nervous lol.
So I've been working out a lot lately and I just squatted 180lbs yesterday! I was so excited :)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Hey everyone! I'm using someone's laptop and posting this for kicks :)

Training week is going well, but I miss home sometimes.

I hope everyone has a great summer \:D/

Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I saved a kid yesterday. I had to jump in the pool and everything. It was exciting.
And now it's the weekend and I get to relax :)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Anna><> wrote:I saved a kid yesterday. I had to jump in the pool and everything. It was exciting.
And now it's the weekend and I get to relax :)
+1
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I got a fancy box of chocolates for my birthday.

It was delish.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I bought a new computer yesterday. First new computer I've had in seven years.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I got to go to my first Stryper concert last night and meet the band. I was also one person away from the front of the stage, right in the middle. It was great.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I came back to my favorite childhood message board after a long hiatus only to find it dying of neglect in ICU :(. Sad day.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

It's almost summer finally! And it's been three years since I joined the ToO. Crazy how time flies...

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I had two big firsts today: I made my first 911 call AND filled out my first police witness statement. \:D/ Some guy started arguing with my supervisor and then grabbed our highway banner (which we were attached to) and flipped it down on top of us. He then got all up in my face and then threw my water bottle some distance down the walkway. Also, earlier this afternoon we had a drive-by incident involving some silly string and some water balloons, but fortunately nobody was hit. (They only missed me by about three inches, though!!)
Last edited by Amethystic on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Amethystic wrote:I had two big firsts today: I made my first 911 call AND filled out my first police witness statement. \:D/ Some guy started arguing with my supervisor and then grabbed our highway banner (which we were attached to) and flipped it down on top of us. He then got all up in my face and then threw my water bottle some distance down the walkway. Also, earlier this afternoon we had a drive-by incident involving some silly string and some water balloons, but fortunately nobody was hit. (They only missed me by about three inches, though!!)
Chivalrous chap. Did the banner really offend people or something? :anxious:

Not that I'm one of those people saying 'don't offend anyone', I just wondered. ;)
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Where are you that has (and what is) a "highway banner"?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

That's right, I never did mention! Well, now's as good as anytime to show off my rather controversial (but totally awesome) summer job: http://www.unmaskingchoice.ca/endthekilling \:D/ You can probably surmise from the website what was on the banner. :- Oh, and to answer your question, Dan, a highway banner is a banner we hang over a highway overpass so that the people below will see it as they drive by.
Last edited by Amethystic on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.