Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

I am done with being a freshmen. I'm home in NYC where the food is good. I just told my sister that I was not returning to college. Now to tell so many others. . .
I don't want to go.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*hands tissue*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

First date last night pstfsyyst.

She > me
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The masses demand details :protest:

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

American Eagle wrote:First date last night pstfsyyst.

She > me
awwwww AE went on a date :o

that's cute \:D/

and yes, we demand details!

Till the end of the line.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

*chants* AE's got a girlfriend, AE's got a girlfriend! \:D/ (Unless this is another one of your fake internet girlfriends. :x )
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

No one is my girlfriend until we become Facebook official. :noway:

Details... we mutually decided to 'hang out' saturday night... but then I said I'd pick her up... and she wanted me to meet her parents... and I gave her a pink flower. It ended up being a date. :anxious: We went bowling and then to a fancy restaurant, where we stayed and talked until closing time. :- Then I drove her home. It was a classy as a date could be.

I don't know, guys... it was definitely more fun than any internet girlfriend. ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

*gasp* Gah, JJ actually had a date in real life? I thought he was only into the internet girls. Already meeting her parents, flowers, bowling... man, sounds like a true love story to me.

;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

American Eagle wrote:No one is my girlfriend until we become Facebook official. :noway:

Details... we mutually decided to 'hang out' saturday night... but then I said I'd pick her up... and she wanted me to meet her parents... and I gave her a pink flower. It ended up being a date. :anxious: We went bowling and then to a fancy restaurant, where we stayed and talked until closing time. :- Then I drove her home. It was a classy as a date could be.

I don't know, guys... it was definitely more fun than any internet girlfriend. ;)
aw that sounds like fun :)

AE, you smooth talking hunk

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Shennifer wrote:AE, you smooth talking hunk
Say that again, and I'll spill my drink on this laptop :(

And AE gets to call Shennifer boring and groups her as "any Internet girlfriend," and she aww's pays him a compliment?

This world has no justice.

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Marvin D. wrote:
Shennifer wrote:AE, you smooth talking hunk
Say that again, and I'll spill my drink on this laptop :(

And AE gets to call Shennifer boring and groups her as "any Internet girlfriend," and she aww's pays him a compliment?

This world has no justice.
well I was sorta being sarcastic.

and when did he call me boring??

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I never called you boring, Shen. :noway:

...but if this one works out, darling, we may have to break up. :(

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

American Eagle wrote:I never called you boring, Shen. :noway:

I believe you, AE. Marvin is just trying to stir up trouble :noway:

I suppose I'll survive, somehow :boohoo:
maybe I'll find me a real life boyfriend, then.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

You do realize, AE, that if this thing pans out into a full-out relationship, you're going to have to bring her on here to show the rest of us. \:D/ If she can survive our crazy shenanigans, then you'll know for sure that she's a keeper.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Shennifer wrote:

*tissue*

He said she's more fun than any Internet girlfriend :noway: Somehow he gets to get away with everything he says. Pffft.
Amethystic wrote:You do realize, AE, that if this thing pans out into a full-out relationship, you're going to have to bring her on here to show the rest of us. \:D/ If she can survive our crazy shenanigans, then you'll know for sure that she's a keeper.

:grineyes:
Hey, who ever said we were crazy?
This morning I checked my email, and I had an interesting message in my inbox--Gmail's filters decided it was for keeps, apparently. Here's part of it \:D/
Greeting from Las Vegas ,
I thought you sounded like some one I would very much like to get to know, and perhaps becomes very good friends with, or???

I do know that is a very common practice for "ex-boy friends", to post their ex-girl friends name on the internet, and sometimes class mates and friends like to play cruel jokes on people, so if you are the victim of some one Else's cruel sense of humor and are not interested in getting making a new friend, then I will perfectly understand, and all you have to do in order to insure that I will not disturb you again is to simply not reply to this e-mail.

On the other hand, if you feel that a friendship and/or other type of relationship is something you would welcome and be open to then allow Me to introduce My self and tell you a little bit about Me.

I am a 48 year old, Caucasian American Male, living and working in Las Vegas , Nevada ( U.S.A. )
I am well educated and well traveled.
I am a widower, with two fully grown Filipino/American Sons who I am very proud of.
I lost their mother(s) to a drunk driver in a car crash, a few years, ago.
I loved them and miss them both very much, but I have grieved for more than a reasonable period, and with the blessings of my sons decided it is time to region the real world and see if I can find someone I can spend the rest of my life with..., Which is why I am sending this introduction to you now. In the hopes that we might become good and long lasting friends, or???

I don't smoke tobacco products, or drink hard liquor, but I will have a cold beer or two in a social environment such as a party or get together with friends and family.

I don't use drugs, and have no interest in associating with people who do, however I will admit that I don't consider marijuana to be a "dangerous drug".

While I live in a city that is world famous for gambling, I don't gamble Myself.
I have always been very close to my family, and to my wife's family, and I am very close to my own sons, who someday I hope will have families of their own???
I love kids and do not consider them a "Deal Breaker". and I am comfortable around animals as well. I fact I have a couple of small dogs myself as pets...

As I am getting to the point in My life where there are fewer days ahead of Me than behind Me, I am starting to think more about the possibility of settling down and enjoying My golden years listening to sound of healthy and happy children at play.

The nature of My business requires that I have a lot of social contact, and also that I travel more than I would prefer, but the truth of the matter is that I prefer to spend My time at home.
I very much enjoy Cooking, Gardening, Wine Making, Photography, and playing guitar.

I am also very handy with tools and get a lot of pleasure and personal satisfaction out of repairing things around the house.

I enjoy golf, billiards, bowling, dancing.

I also enjoy competition shooting with small fire arms, riding motorcycles, flying small aircraft,and Martial Arts.

But My absolute most favorite recreational activity has got to be white water rafting.

Having said all of that I will close this short introduction by hoping first that you and your family are happy & well, and secondly that W/we will become very good and long term friends, and/or???

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and often.

Kisses & Hugs,
Leo [Last Name Taken Out]
Advice, people????

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Marvin D. wrote:
Shennifer wrote:

*tissue*

He said she's more fun than any Internet girlfriend :noway: Somehow he gets to get away with everything he says. Pffft.
I suppose a real life person to hang out with would be more fun than an "internet girlfriend". He gets away with it because he's more physically mature than you are :-
Marvin D. wrote:
Amethystic wrote: You do realize, AE, that if this thing pans out into a full-out relationship, you're going to have to bring her on here to show the rest of us. \:D/ If she can survive our crazy shenanigans, then you'll know for sure that she's a keeper.
:grineyes:
Hey, who ever said we were crazy?

Technically, she said our shenanigans were crazy, not us personally. Then again, maybe we are.
All the more reason for AE to bring her here eventually :evillaugh:

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. . .

*applies ice to his burn* Thanks a lot, Shen :(

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Marvin D. wrote:. . .

*applies ice to his burn* Thanks a lot, Shen :(
sorry.

not sorry

O:)

IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Finished my first two college classes today!!! I don't know my final grade yet, but I'm just happy I survived. :P
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

I had my first shift at Abuela's today. She is refusing to eat and had to be forced to speak English after noon. I know she will speak nothing but Spanish soon but we are trying to keep her speaking and understanding English as long as we can.
Now I have to stay healthy enough to keep being able to work with her. . .
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)