Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

That's what they say when their surprise turns out disastrous.

Boyfriend X: Hey honey, I bought you some flowers from the Dollar Store, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?!
Disgruntled Girlfriend Z: Yeah. .
Girlfriend XX: Babe, I know that I'm not a great coook, but I thought I'd make dinner tonight. I know it tastes bad, but you know it's the thought, right?!
Polite Boyfriend ZZ: *chokes down rubbery mass that is ostensibly mashed potatoes* Uh. Yeah.

:-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

:mecry:

Heh. I actually am quite handy when it comes to baking so long as I have a recipe... I'm only concerned this time because I don't have an electric mixer. :-k Maybe they'll have them cheap at Wal-Mart.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I know. I'm mean :(

Hmm. Depending on how much mixing needs to be done, you can make do with a whisk (not that I recommend it, especially if you have to cream butter and sugar >.>) Have fun with it \:D/

I'm actually about to make a chocolate cake for my mom's birthday tomorrow. And yes, I still lick the bowl when through.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Random but I had twin boys this summer. They are awesome although of course we are super busy. I realize most of you won't remember me anyway but wanted to drop in for those who do. They are sweetie pies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EUCC, of course I remember you! Congratulations on your twins! That makes three kids in total, right? I can definitely see how that would keep you guys running! :mad: Enjoy your time with your sweet little ones.

I was wishing that I got to sleep in tomorrow, but thinking about twins makes me more thankful for the sleep that I do get, which is uninterrupted, even if it rarely lasts as far into the day as I would prefer. ;)
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Thanks Catspaw - yes we have 3 with us and 3 waiting in Heaven...I put a pic up in the photo thread :)

Sleep is pretty non-existent around here. I think my littler guy had a growth spurt last night - nursed 6 x.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

My brother and I got a puppy on Wednesday and he's a darling :inlove:
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:My brother and I got a puppy on Wednesday and he's a darling :inlove:
What kind of dog? :)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:My brother and I got a puppy on Wednesday and he's a darling :inlove:
PICTURES or it didn't happen! and we seriously need to chat sometime.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Marvin D. wrote:I know. I'm mean :(

Hmm. Depending on how much mixing needs to be done, you can make do with a whisk (not that I recommend it, especially if you have to cream butter and sugar >.>) Have fun with it \:D/

I'm actually about to make a chocolate cake for my mom's birthday tomorrow. And yes, I still lick the bowl when through.
IT WORKED.

Well, I actually got a whisk without seeing your post. The egg whites weren't stiff as they should've been, so the cake wasn't as sponge-like as it should've been, and the cream icing didn't work, so I had to use store bought... meh. Not to mention my oven setting thing doesn't have a dial on it so I have to guesstimate; I think it was too hot. Thankfully it smelled a bit weird and the Holy Ghost was like "GO CHECK IT", so it was only ever-so-slightly overcooked.

I did use peanut butter and a zip-lock to write on it.... and GUESS WHAT. He said it was better than his aunt's Tres Leches. BOOM. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

GOOD FOR YOU.

I always guesstimate when I'm cooking. I use few measuring cups and spoons, normally set the dial on 4 or 5 (the manual has the corresponding temperature degrees, but I can never find it, SO) and then forget to set the timer. Somehow, it almost always turns out okay.

Don't tell his aunt that he likes yours better, though \:D/

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Cooking and baking are two different things. :noway: Guesstimating is fine with cooking, but if you're not precise with baking it can ruin things. I've had this recipe before when someone else made it and it turned out different.

I need to learn how to cook, though. :( Recipes are good and all, but I've yet to master throwing things together and making it taste good.
Love you always, SnC
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

It's more of an innate thing to be able to throw things around and add a bit of this and a touch of that and still have it come out good. At least, in my opinion it is \:D/ That's why they invented Walmart for the other sorts of people.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
What kind of dog? :)
A mix of unknown breeds :p He's suspected of being a cross between a lab and a terrier.
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm going to see the Doctor Who 50th anniversary in the theaters (2 days after the actual anniversary, but who cares)

YAY! \:D/

Till the end of the line.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

I just took my last midterm exam ever today. And I bought my cap and gown for graduation after class. Only one month of classes left =O
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

So, there's this girl at my job and I completely forgot her name after meeting her. She, however, remembers my name and uses every time we cross paths. I never use hers, because I secretly can't. So, I got onto Facebook tonight and searched "Cashiers who live nearby and work at Meijer". She was the sixth person listed. I love technology.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Life is a little less stressful than last time I posted but it is sure to pick up again with finals not too far away. Still on the school note although I will have 8 AP tests come May, I only have to worry about two now. Although, those two - AP BIO and Chem - happen to be some of the harder ones. On a better note I have at least 5 college classes done and with the impending good scores on the AP Bio and Chem tests I will have 7.

Thanksgiving Break has been really nice, my sister came home from college and none of my family has to work. We didn't have anyone over but it was nice to spend time with the immediate family. (We are watching Gifted Hands tonight)

Also, this winter I decided to play intramural basketball. I have always liked playing with my friends, so we made a team and decided to play intramural. This is the first time I have played any sort of sport that has a ref but it should be fun.
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Headed to Michigan tomorrow to visit relatives! Must be sure to set aside some time for stalking AE. \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm glad to see that one of the twins has her priorities straight \:D/