ATTN: AIO Adventure Club episodes discussion with Brock

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

You are 29 with no spouse, no children, and no debt. Many families have mortgages, rent, food, children, etc. We are middle aged but after 6 years of on and off employment are not about to sign up for a service we have to pay monthly for when income is uncertain. AND, I think many people might make the choice to have it and count it as part of their "tithe", thus reducing their giving to God in other places. It is unfair to make them make that choice.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I agree with WindowWasher--even if you can afford it, why would you pay that kind of price? Sure, I can, as of right now, afford an iPod Nano, but the price tag turns me off.
Cbriggs45 wrote:you dont make enough money... who's fault is that.. even teenagers can make money.
I'm a seventeen-year-old junior in high school, and everyone familiar with the United States education system knows that junior year is the most difficult, stressful year of high school. Even in the first semester I'm finding this out, what with Law Academy mock trial, commitments to my quiz bowl team, the recent PSAT, concerns about the ACT, preparing for the AP exams next spring, and passing all eight classes with a majority-A average to maintain a GPA that will make me unique among those who want to major in art. I say all that to say that I'm extremely busy and stressed and therefore have no business tacking on a job to everything else I have to do. What little money (comparatively) that I have needs to be saved for other things, such as art supplies or the high school choir mission trip next summer, not to mention needs that arise last-minute, such as food for when I go someplace or to buy a book that I need to use for studying. I'm not a lazy bum with no excuse for not having money; I'm a busy teenager who is trying to get through each week without having a nervous breakdown (and I fail, more often than not). There is no legitimate reason for the kind of attitude that claims that somehow, people who have more important ways to spend their money obviously aren't making enough and are without excuse for their lower income.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Brock replied to something I said...oh, must've been a week ago, about if episodes were released, somehow, outside of the club my concerns would be alieviated:
Jonathan we expect that at some point they could release, but this would be a year after the last episode in the twelve aired, so the first episode The Launch would be 2 years old at that point. Further because of our contracts and agreements to tell some of these stories we dont know always when or if they can release
Last edited by Jonathan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

And the image has now been taken down.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

edited
Last edited by Jonathan on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Well, I still think the point stands for those who want the eps but nothing else. I am hoping they do some kind of tier thing. If we're gonna lose a season of AIO, we shouldn't have to pay $180 for just an album. Like I said in a recent blog post, that equals 6 albums we could buy. I also don't think a lot of parents will add another bill to any they already have.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Bren wrote:Well, I still think the point stands for those who want the eps but nothing else. I am hoping they do some kind of tier thing. If we're gonna lose a season of AIO, we shouldn't have to pay $180 for just an album.
This.
Bren wrote:Like I said in a recent blog post, that equals 6 albums we could buy.
9 albums, if you average out what you'd pay in a bookstore and what you'd pay at cbd.com
Bren wrote: I also don't think a lot of parents will add another bill to any they already have.
For funsies I asked my Dad recently if this would've been an option when I was a kid. He said yes, but only if I understood I would be forfeiting my Christmas and Birthday presents.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

So, a lot of us aren't too pleased about the OAC, do you guys think we've been clear about our suggestion to have a tier option? We've ranted and raved but have we offered a proper solution? I was talking to a former writer for the show and he made me wonder if we've really been clear about things or just ranting about the price and hoping they change their mind.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jonathan wrote:Brock replied to something I said...oh, must've been a week ago, about if episodes were released, somehow, outside of the club my concerns would be alieviated:
Jonathan we expect that at some point they could release, but this would be a year after the last episode in the twelve aired, so the first episode The Launch would be 2 years old at that point. Further because of our contracts and agreements to tell some of these stories we dont know always when or if they can release
Well that is something. I still wonder how they will fit in with the "public" albums and how much sense they will make. I am still hoping that someone in the club will posts title and summaries, not just teasers. As an extreme alternative, AIO could publish the script after the ep has aired.

-- 19 Oct 2013 09:19 am --
Bren wrote:And the image has now been taken down.
I had actually "Unliked" Brock´s page when it did not look like an answer was forthcoming.

-- 19 Oct 2013 09:24 am --

"Further because of our contracts and agreements to tell some of these stories we dont know always when or if they can release"

what does that mean? with the writers? that seems like a noose around their own necks. Frankly, I hope this project fails dismally, it does not sound like a good thing from the start. When you make something "exclusive", you also limit your marketing and selling options. Does not sound like good decisions were made on any front. I thought Odyssey for me had ended at Album 50, but I have actually been enjoying last few since the relaunch, however, this may kill it with Album 57. Once has to wonder will the OAC eps make up album 58 and the public album being album 59? or how will this work. I might have like to have seen his official response to that. I guess we just have to wait and see. I am hoping someone will create an OAC fan page that is public so we can at least read about the OAC eps and not just one line teasers.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Jonathan wrote:Brock replied to something I said...oh, must've been a week ago, about if episodes were released, somehow, outside of the club my concerns would be alieviated:
So it could be 2 years, 4 years or maybe never?? Sorry but that is utterly redic. I really don't have the desire to read summaries of the exclusive episodes. Unless they change this club to something REASONABLE they can have their exclusive episodes because I'm done.

Actually, there is no way this club survives in it's current form, no way. It'll be financial suicide. I think it's abundantly clear how many fans are opposed to this. If they haven't gotten the message by now something is very wrong.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

My only point about hopefully having at least summaries of the OAC eps is to try to keep up with the develoopment of the characters so you are not totally lost when the public eps appear. I am really hoping they have separate storylines. The Pilot could actually branch off into that with Jeff having his own adventures and just dropping into Odyssey every now and then to catch people up. Itis not ideal, but possible. I just do not think this is well thought through from the start. I would be very pleased if they would make the eps available on iTunes at least at the end of the 12th ep. Then we only have to wait a year.......that is not so bad. Sometimes we have to wait that long anyway to buy the hard copies due to financial constraints. I could live with that. The simpliest solution would be to create a "basic" tier where you only get the OAC eps and not the streaming or other exclusive behind the scenes stuff. It is nice, but I could live without it. The basic tier could be the price of an iTunes album. That is fair for 1 ep a month.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

You can be sure that AIOWiki will keep up to date with all details of the club, it may take a bit longer to get episode summaries and such done than in the past but they will get posted
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Brock and I talked just a little last night after the photo was removed--he said he is reading posts over here and they are taking concerns and suggestions seriously. And I believe him. AIO has always taken feedback seriously, I have not reason to doubt they'd stop now.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. .which photo are we talking about?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:You can be sure that AIOWiki will keep up to date with all details of the club, it may take a bit longer to get episode summaries and such done than in the past but they will get posted
That would be awesome.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

Jonathan wrote:Brock and I talked just a little last night after the photo was removed--he said he is reading posts over here and they are taking concerns and suggestions seriously. And I believe him. AIO has always taken feedback seriously, I have not reason to doubt they'd stop now.
That could happen I mean look Officer Harley. The took him off the show because a few letters.
Last edited by Wakko on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

bobmac wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Brock and I talked just a little last night after the photo was removed--he said he is reading posts over here and they are taking concerns and suggestions seriously. And I believe him. AIO has always taken feedback seriously, I have not reason to doubt they'd stop now.
That could happen I mean look Officer Harley.
Yes, but we waited nearly 25 years for Officer Harley. At age 48, I may not have that long.........
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I think he meant Harley's departure from the show was influenced by letters from listeners.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

For a more in depth look at what I think check out my blog here; Campbell County Connection

I could be wrong, but I think the episodes in the club are likely to be similar to that of the Truth Chronicles in the sense that they really don't add depth to the series as a whole. If that's the case, then those fans that choose not to join aren't really missing much. To me it looks like there is quite a lot of perks within the club. Not all fans have the luxery of owning every album, and those that don't that decide to join the club will have all of them and also ones that are no longer available to get.
Maybe after a year or so the club's price will drop. Who knows? All I can say is people pay for internet and cable, if a person wants it bad enough they will find the money if it's there.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

I pay for internet but the money I save during the year buying used items from Amazon and Ebay more than pays for it. I save $20 a year alone just buying 2 AIO albums from Amazon than buying them from a store. Also millions of people make money using the internet.

Glad you mentioned cable because that has a tier system. The more channels you want the more you pay. I watch very little tv. It just isn't worth it to pay for a bunch of channels I won't watch so I pay $11 a month for just a handful of channels instead of paying $40-$100 for 200 channels. Internet, the same thing. The faster you want your internet service to be the more you pay. You can pay a little for slow speed or a lot for blazing fast speed. Sure there will be some people who will pay that price for the OAC but I would be surprised if more than 20% of the fan base does. I guess I could pay $100 a month if I wanted it bad enough but I don't. For me, AIO just isn't as good as it used to be. I enjoy listening to it but not enough to pay $15 a month for 1 episode.

-- 19 Oct 2013 07:02 pm --
jennifertwt wrote:My only point about hopefully having at least summaries of the OAC eps is to try to keep up with the develoopment of the characters so you are not totally lost when the public eps appear. I am really hoping they have separate storylines. The Pilot could actually branch off into that with Jeff having his own adventures and just dropping into Odyssey every now and then to catch people up. Itis not ideal, but possible. I just do not think this is well thought through from the start. I would be very pleased if they would make the eps available on iTunes at least at the end of the 12th ep. Then we only have to wait a year.......that is not so bad. Sometimes we have to wait that long anyway to buy the hard copies due to financial constraints. I could live with that. The simpliest solution would be to create a "basic" tier where you only get the OAC eps and not the streaming or other exclusive behind the scenes stuff. It is nice, but I could live without it. The basic tier could be the price of an iTunes album. That is fair for 1 ep a month.
That's too bad because with Jeff back in the picture I was hoping Connie would get together with him again. :(
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!