Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

A thought just occurred to me: what if "Connie's old friend" is Leonard and or Everett? THAT WOULD TOTTALY MAKE MY DAY! Leonard meets the qualification of missionary so it would work right?

If the writers felt that the fans needed more closure for Mitch and Connie, we definitely need closure for Leonard and Everett too. What happened once they went back? Did more villagers become Christians? Did the Wallofs rebel against their new faith? Did any of the villagers rebel? Does Kwame ever become a pilot? These are the hard hitting questions and I think maybe, just maybe they might be answered in the episode, the pilot.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Jason Whits Son wrote:A thought just occurred to me: what if "Connie's old friend" is Leonard and or Everett? THAT WOULD TOTTALY MAKE MY DAY! Leonard meets the qualification of missionary so it would work right?
The only problem with that is that Connie never actually met either of them.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Jason Whits Son wrote:A thought just occurred to me: what if "Connie's old friend" is Leonard and or Everett? THAT WOULD TOTTALY MAKE MY DAY! Leonard meets the qualification of missionary so it would work right?
The only problem with that is that Connie never actually met either of them.
False. In one of the episodes in a new era Everett spent some time at Whits end. Therefore Leonard would have to have a play in that. Also there's a huge chance that Connie and Leonard ran into each other at some point while he was in Odyssey. Maybe not very often on the air, but what about behind the scenes. I'm 80% sure they met at some point.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Jason Whits Son wrote:If the writers felt that the fans needed more closure for Mitch and Connie, we definitely need closure for Leonard and Everett too. What happened once they went back? Did more villagers become Christians? Did the Wallofs rebel against their new faith? Did any of the villagers rebel? Does Kwame ever become a pilot? These are the hard hitting questions and I think maybe, just maybe they might be answered in the episode, the pilot.
YES YES YES YES YES

I was thinking this myself, though it was more of a wishful hoping than a plausible theory to me. I'd really like this to be true. I miss my old cuties. :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I concur that a reunion of Leonard and Everett with the old gang would be dandy, but the episode is called The Pilot, an occupation which Leonard did not practice. If the episode was about him, it would probably be called The Archaeologist....
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

I really want it to be Richard...... :(
merp.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Samantha14 wrote:I really want it to be Richard...... :(
It is actually very possible for it to be him, since he was good friends with Connie :)
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

The Old Judge wrote:I concur that a reunion of Leonard and Everett with the old gang would be dandy, but the episode is called The Pilot, an occupation which Leonard did not practice. If the episode was about him, it would probably be called The Archaeologist....
Not necessarily. It could be told by Leomard and be about a pilot, such as Kwame.
Samantha14 wrote:I really want it to be Richard...... :(
That would be good too. However, I don't think it as high of a chance. Richard with mission work? Eeehhhh... Probably not.
TigerintheShadows

I honestly just want to see Leonard and Everett. We missed all sorts of awkward father-son bonding in "A New Era", though it was nice to hear Shane Baumel voicing Eugene anyway. :(

Quick! Everyone begin to theorize insanely about the old friend who returns! \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

TigerintheShadows wrote:I honestly just want to see Leonard and Everett. We missed all sorts of awkward father-son bonding in "A New Era", though it was nice to hear Shane Baumel voicing Eugene anyway. :(

Quick! Everyone begin to theorize insanely about the old friend who returns! \:D/
Theorize insanely?.....?

Here are some other possibilities

Buck
Richard maxwell
Blackgaard
The chairman
Jack Davis
Jack Allen
Jimmy Barclay
JARED DEWHITE
Lawrence Hodges
Just to name a few.

Gah....... So excited... At this point I've got a high end case of Odysitus.... Symptoms include scanning various odyssey sites and not getting anything else accomplished.....
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Just wait and see, peoples :noway:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Marvin D. wrote:Just wait and see, peoples :noway:

What's the fun in that???? That's part of the problem. The wait is excruciating.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Haha omgosh what if it was Buck? That would be awesome :D
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Poisoning babies!?!? O_o Is this Life Expectancy, or The Pilot? I'm thinking it's The Pilot, and the old friend is either Dr. Graham, or Eva Parker.

EDIT:
Yep, that preview was definitely The Pilot. I looked up the cast on AIO wiki.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
TigerintheShadows

But for one thing, Eva and Connie haven't interacted much if at all, and for another, this is an old friend, implying that Connie has known them for a long time--even in Odyssey time, she hasn't known the Parkers that long. Besides, I have a feeling that this is supposed to be an old friend to the audience, not just to Connie, indicating that it's not Eva.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Woody

Post by Woody »

Jason was in South America during the Novacom Saga...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Woody wrote:Poisoning babies!?!? O_o Is this Life Expectancy, or The Pilot? I'm thinking it's The Pilot, and the old friend is either Dr. Graham, or Eva Parker.

EDIT:
Yep, that preview was definitely The Pilot. I looked up the cast on AIO wiki.
At this point there isn't official evidence that that preview was for the Pilot. We can guess that it is though. (The wiki is edited by users/fans who speculate like we do.) I think a good possibility is Dan Isidro. He's done mission work in South America. Jason could e a possibility also, but I kind of doubt it.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Well, let's not forget that The Pilot has a medical mystery in it, and that preview certainly sounded like a medical mystery. ;)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

For those who are wondering about the digital download...
http://thewepodcast.com/wp/blog/where-o ... is-my-mp3/
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

We now (somehow) have a plot for Your Servant is Listening. http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Your_Servan ... ng,_Part_1

Did it release somewhere I don't know? because as an aiowiki admin I don't want incorrect info on there. :)
Last edited by Skylerbuck on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.