Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

I went over to a friends house and we were playing around in the yard. She asked me if I could do a somersault and if I could do one. Well, I tried. I got about halfway through the flip, panicked, and crashed down on my head. Now my head, neck, and back have been aching badly. 4 days before my birthday, too. That's just great. My mom was not very amused, either. :flame: :explode:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

That's... not good. O.o

Rolling somersaults were painful enough, but coming out of a flip? Were you at least on a trampoline?
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

@AS: That's awesome! I'm sure it will be great to see them!

@caitbuggy: Ouch! Praying that you'll get better! :/

My one cat is curled up on the couch, and my other cat just sat down a foot away from her (yeah, I measured it), and the first cat didn't freak out this time when the second cat joined her... in fact, she's sleeping while he's sitting close to her. I. am. happy. I even got a picture of them with the ruler in the middle. :inlove:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I had to mow again today, and so I tried wearing a dust mask to prevent my allergies from flaring up. It worked pretty well, I only sneezed into the mask once! \:D/

Grass allergies + mowing = not good
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I acquired the 302 page score of the Broadway Musical Mary Poppins today, I made concert choir, and school is over for the summer. Life is wonderful right now \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

I passed a board exam today!! \:D/
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Oh, my where do I begin! I have not been on here in a long, long time, mainly because I have been using my school laptop and they blocked the ToO. Don't know how active I will be on here again but it is summer. My experience of taking a college class second semester of my Junior year was awesome. I am currently taking AP Macroeconomics and AP Biology (second semester) online during the summer. I have taken both the SAT and ACT since I was last on here. My SAT could be better but I was happy with my ACT score which will give me almost all college's highest scholarship. Also in school related things, I re-passed the #2 student to retake salutatorian. With salutatorian (if I can keep it) and my ACT scores IUPUI (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis) would give me full tuition plus 2k left over. Last semester I raised my GPA from an 11.33 to an 11.52 or to a 4.2-4.3/4.0.

To things not school relate (which is pretty much my life lately), we just finished tearing off our the shingles last week on the roof. Which made for a very sore and very burnt body. I have been fortunate enough to keep one of my mowing jobs and have been working at my neighbor's rentals (painting mainly). Over a ten week period this Spring I lost 20 pounds which was a really good accomplishment for me. I am now in healthy weight. To lose that weight I used CalorieCount and ran 2-3 times a week. Since it is Summer I am not logging my food on CalorieCount nor running (other activities now) but come Fall and school I will pick it back up.

I can now say I am a Senior in high school (or for you Canadians grade 12). Life is going good but busy.

Edited for you Canadians. *stares at hadassah* I knew you didn't say Senior or Junior, etc.
Last edited by Stop Wooton' Around on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:I can now say I am a Senior in high school (or for you Canadians 12th grade). Life is going good but busy.
We always called in grade 12 where I was from in Canada. Never 12th grade.

Congratulations on all your great accomplishments in school!
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Today I became a licensed driver \:D/ Now I must juggle working 2 jobs and sharing a car with my older brother...
Last edited by Graces4you on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Graces4you wrote:Today I became a licensed driver \:D/ Now I must juggle working 2 jobs and sharing a car with my older brother...
Congratulations \:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

New haircut today \:D/ I had the stylist cut off about eight inches. So now I have side bangs, loooooots of layers ( :inlove: ), and a length that falls just above my shoulders. Definitely a new look for me :p
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:New haircut today \:D/ I had the stylist cut off about eight inches. So now I have side bangs, loooooots of layers ( :inlove: ), and a length that falls just above my shoulders. Definitely a new look for me :p
That sounds cute MS :)

Any chance we'll see a picture? :P
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Musical Shutterbug wrote:New haircut today \:D/ I had the stylist cut off about eight inches. So now I have side bangs, loooooots of layers ( :inlove: ), and a length that falls just above my shoulders. Definitely a new look for me :p

*cough* I haven't actually taken any photos yet :p But I suppose that I could send one to you.

...if I receive a photo of YOU in exchange :-
*insert provocative quote here*
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:

*cough* I haven't actually taken any photos yet :p But I suppose that I could send one to you.

...if I receive a photo of YOU in exchange :-
I'll take this deal. :-

#stalker
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:Over a ten week period this Spring I lost 20 pounds which was a really good accomplishment for me. I am now in healthy weight. To lose that weight I used CalorieCount and ran 2-3 times a week. Since it is Summer I am not logging my food on CalorieCount nor running (other activities now) but come Fall and school I will pick it back up.
Congrats on all your school accomplishments, and on this too! :D I used Calorie Count last year, and it was quite helpful to see just how much I was mindlessly eating. ;) I need to go back to logging again because I've started to go back to my old habits.

I just got home a little while ago from being at the polls all day. It was a Democratic primary in our state....oh my word, it was sooooooo slow! 29 people ALL day. :thud: And our precinct was the busiest in the county. Other precincts had 8 or 11 people in 13 hours. It really felt like a ridiculous waste of everybody's time and money. I think we figured out it cost at least over $100 per county voter in the poll workers' labor costs alone! :mad:
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Graces4you wrote:Today I became a licensed driver \:D/ Now I must juggle working 2 jobs and sharing a car with my older brother...
Congratulations \:D/
Thanks \:D/

Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

My sister has returned from Tioga!!!! \:D/ :D =D>
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Just found out that daddy will be in the city for Father's day. So Humbleness changed the plans for the weekend so I'll be missing RU. Very sad since I wanted to talk to my city leader about transferring to a chapter closer to my college. Awilda, my co-worker, is talking about quitting smoking. If she knows I'm already going, it might help her take the first steps to getting out of smoking's clutches. I just pray she doesn't just quite but also surrender to the Gospel.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I went to the Farmer's Market today with my brother and it was so windy that I nearly blew away. Yep, I think I might need to gain weight.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I just got home a little while ago from being at the polls all day. It was a Democratic primary in our state....oh my word, it was sooooooo slow! 29 people ALL day. :thud: And our precinct was the busiest in the county. Other precincts had 8 or 11 people in 13 hours. It really felt like a ridiculous waste of everybody's time and money. I think we figured out it cost at least over $100 per county voter in the poll workers' labor costs alone! :mad:
Oh my, that is frustrating! And of course you all had the time to calculate that because it was so slow. :)

Today was really slow at my "work" I only saw two patients all afternoon. I think it is time to start studying for the next two board exams.

I washed my fruit for lunch tomorrow! \:D/ (yes, I had to come up with some excuse to use that smiley)
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai