Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

After watching the six-hour version of "Pride and Prejudice" with friends within two days, I suddenly feel like addressing everyone I meet as "Sir" or "Ma'm." \:D/ Maybe I will do that, and see when my sister starts to notice.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Christian A. wrote:I got a 100% yesterday on my first of two finals in my Software Engineering class at the joint-vocational school I attend. :D The second one is in 2 hours. Hopefully I can do almost as well on that one.
Oh yuck man, software engineering..... really? I'm sorry. :P

In other news, I'm moving to New Jersey in two weeks to take a new job as a Applications Developer in Manhattan. Because, why not .

Say whaaat? :(
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

Yay! I'm completely done with school for this year -- I took my last final (Chemistry) yesterday :D I feel so stress-free :)

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Sherlock wrote:
Christian A. wrote:I got a 100% yesterday on my first of two finals in my Software Engineering class at the joint-vocational school I attend. :D The second one is in 2 hours. Hopefully I can do almost as well on that one.
Oh yuck man, software engineering..... really? I'm sorry. :P
It's really not that terribly hard--hence the high grade. I feel like I did pretty well on the second final yesterday, and I'll find out today how well I did. \:D/

EDIT: I got a 97 on the second exam, so an average of 99% for end-of-year exams! Very happy with those results! \:D/
Last edited by Christian A. on Thu May 30, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I have an interview on Monday with the college program I want to get into. I hope it goes well! :pray:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Sherlock wrote:In other news, I'm moving to New Jersey in two weeks to take a new job as a Applications Developer in Manhattan. Because, why not .

Say whaaat? :(
Hey, welcome to Jersey, land of Wawa, water ice, and people who spend way too much time on the beach! \:D/
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I start summer school on Monday.

But my classes are in Costa Rica, so it's okay. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

I'm officially going to Texas on June 10th. My aunt, cousin and I are flying down there to (hopefully)help my Grandma move back up here. \:D/
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

I am leaving for Louisiana on Monday morning at 4 AM on a "missions trip" of sorts (helping a church with their VBS) This will be my third year to go :)

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Aeva wrote:I start summer school on Monday.

Dude, really? Where?

I was just in San Jose at the YWAM base. Pretty awesome.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Homeschool is getting worse every day. :|
My school is on the computer, right? I read the lessons, and I answer questions.
I can't do it anymore. Every morning I wake up feeling tired, and strained, and achy, with the kind of feeling I have when I've watched too many TV shows in a row. :P I sit down on the computer, put my headphones on, and stare at the screen, I'm trapped in a box. A box with invisible mime walls, hah. I'm staring at the thing for a few hours a day. Education is not meant to be quite like this. Oh, can't wait for the future and high-tech schooling. What a great time. \:D/
I feel like so many hours of my life are wasted on a computer.
I'm overdramatic, maybe. First world problems, I suppose. 8-) But this might be a leeetle unhealthy. Any medical experts out there? :anxious: Computer-teaching is possibly the worst form of being schooled. I think I know why I've always hated homeschooling so much. Mostly because I don't like it. :p But maybe this was lurking in the subconscious? :-s
I'm a serious overdramatic, I know. :P But I've just been feeling so blah lately. *shrugs* But ya know, life is good, compared to a lot of people, especially starving orphans in Africa. :) I'm talking to you, Marvin.
I'm going on an awesome vacation! It is going to be sooo fun, but so long!! :D I'm going to pack a 1000 books, and my dad says he might be able to hook the laptop up in the car. Our movie collection will be empty. Hello, Calgary!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

You have to bloom where you're planted, darling. :) Life isn't easy for anybody.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I finished 8th grade today! I am so excited to finally be able to start summer.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Jehoshaphat wrote:I finished 8th grade today! I am so excited to finally be able to start summer.
Wish we were that lucky.
*mutters* Dumb oversized curriculum. And they say you're a homeschooling program. Hmph. Don't even know the meaning of the word.
Ahem. Congrats! My brother is finishing up in grade 8, too!
American Eagle wrote:You have to bloom where you're planted, darling. :) Life isn't easy for anybody.
I sher will. And if that means I'm planted in front of a computer for the rest of my life (did you get my pun) then so be it. But I know public school ain't all a bed of roses, it's got it's problems. So does homeschooling. Right now, I just don't think it's the right thing for me. My momma has been thinking more seriously about sending us to public school, or high school. So who knows, life might change a bit. I have to go with the flow, and trust God everything will be okay, plus remember not to be such a downer and a pessimist a lot of the time. :P
Course it isn't. :P I just think it's the worst for me. I'm better now, I have these lovely mood swings that come of growing up.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

ric wrote:
Aeva wrote:I start summer school on Monday.

Dude, really? Where?

I was just in San Jose at the YWAM base. Pretty awesome.
I'm going to be staying with a family in San Jose.

That is totally awesome!
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have to stop thinking about how long it has been since I had to call Tech Support for my Nook. I was just thinking that it had been a while the other day. Sure enough today I had to call. Amazing how I go for long stretches without any snags and then I hit a glitch and have to call. I guess I should be happy that I'm not calling as much now since I was calling a lot right after I bought it. Oh well, I know what to do the next time I hit this particular snag. I learn something new every time I call. Which I guess is a good thing. I guess that is what makes it interesting is that it keeps me thinking. I'm very thankful that Barnes & Noble provides human help when needed. I know I would not have bought an e reader if there was no human help. I think my life was a lot simpler with out a Nook. I love the gizmo but sometimes it throws me a curve ball and I really question my reasoning behind buying it.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Laurie wrote:I have to stop thinking about how long it has been since I had to call Tech Support for my Nook. I was just thinking that it had been a while the other day. Sure enough today I had to call. Amazing how I go for long stretches without any snags and then I hit a glitch and have to call. I guess I should be happy that I'm not calling as much now since I was calling a lot right after I bought it. Oh well, I know what to do the next time I hit this particular snag. I learn something new every time I call. Which I guess is a good thing. I guess that is what makes it interesting is that it keeps me thinking. I'm very thankful that Barnes & Noble provides human help when needed. I know I would not have bought an e reader if there was no human help. I think my life was a lot simpler with out a Nook. I love the gizmo but sometimes it throws me a curve ball and I really question my reasoning behind buying it.
I'm curious as to what was wrong with it this time?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

American Eagle wrote:
Laurie wrote:I have to stop thinking about how long it has been since I had to call Tech Support for my Nook. I was just thinking that it had been a while the other day. Sure enough today I had to call. Amazing how I go for long stretches without any snags and then I hit a glitch and have to call. I guess I should be happy that I'm not calling as much now since I was calling a lot right after I bought it. Oh well, I know what to do the next time I hit this particular snag. I learn something new every time I call. Which I guess is a good thing. I guess that is what makes it interesting is that it keeps me thinking. I'm very thankful that Barnes & Noble provides human help when needed. I know I would not have bought an e reader if there was no human help. I think my life was a lot simpler with out a Nook. I love the gizmo but sometimes it throws me a curve ball and I really question my reasoning behind buying it.
I'm curious as to what was wrong with it this time?
The purchase did not go through the first time for some reason so I had to turn it off then turn it back on. After I did that everything was fine.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

well I'm leaving for my missions trip tomorrow morning at approximately 3:45 AM.... its over 20 hours driving time to get there. Also, I will probably not have wifi so goodbye ToO until at least next Monday!!

-Flynn Rider

Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

My sister and her two-year old son who live in another state are coming to visit my family on June 9th. We're skyping everyday till then so he can recognize us when he comes. \:D/
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: