Yard Sales

Are they worth it?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Humby
Tallying up

Yard Sales

Post by Humby »

I am so tired after our fundraising yard sale. I never really cared for doing yard sales in the first place, but at least I made quite a bit of money for my service dog trip. Does anyone here like having yard sales? :? I am not a good sales person, but God helped by sending me competent selling friends.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yard sales are okay to hold, although it is a LOT of work. :mad: I do enjoy going to yard sales, though! \:D/ Unfortunately, most are on Saturday mornings during warm weather, which is when I am busy at farmers market these days. Boooooo. There was a huge yard sale at a nearby church today that I used to always go to and find some great stuff, but now I've missed it for 2 years straight. :x People like to get rid of skirts for a quarter, and I like to buy skirts for a quarter!

I never liked talking to the customers when helping my granny hold a yard sale, but as I've had to talk to strangers and sell stuff at market, it might be easier for me now. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

Friday was our better business day. Saturday was bag of clothes for a dollar day. Haha!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laura Ingalls wrote: People like to get rid of skirts for a quarter, and I like to buy skirts for a quarter!
So do I! :yes:

Heh, we actually went to one today with some friends, I like going to them, you can usually find some pretty great deals. I've never helped put one together though, I'm sure it would be a lot of work.
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

We had a lot of donations so not all of the stuff was ours. It was weird to see some of my stuff go.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

We had our first yard sale a couple summers ago. It was basically my sister's full time job for a month getting everything together. And then we had it, it seemed when it was over like nothing got sold, because there was so much left (25 years of collecting stuff?), and we donated most of the rest.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

Most of our leftovers were clothes. But we had a mountain of clothing to start out with so I know we still sold a lot. Plus I know God had a hand in all of it. Hundreds of people came to at least look. It helps to advertise.