Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

She probably will be gone by the end of this season.... anyone watch the 'Night' miniseries that was on the season six DVD release?
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I haven't heard of the 'Night' miniseries. What was it about?

About River's departure, I hope that her last episode will reference the one we first meet her in, and thus come full circle. I'd like to have a background story of how she gets to head the team to the library.
Last edited by Shennifer on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

If you Google "Night and the Doctor", down the list a bit will be a dailymotion link with VOSTFR in the title. That's the first minisode, the rest of the order being Good Night, First Night, Last Night, and Up All Night, which will be under the first video. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Only a week to go, and a prequel to hold us over! \:D/
And so many AIO parallels that could be drawn, what with the first few seconds eerily reminiscent of Aubrey and Whit in 'The Big Picture', and the end strangely like Whit and little Jenny in 'Recollections'... :mad:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I feel like it's a spin-off from Amy, what with her being a child and all. So why does it still make me so happy? x) The raggedy Doctor is back! I feel like he was a different person for Season 7 thus far. :- And a bit of 6. Season 5 was his best, probably. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Season six and the first half of seven were the terrible. I just watched the Christmas special the other day and it was okay (other than that zombie moment).
Blitz wrote:
Aeva wrote:I loved the Doctor as Sherlock Holmes. \:D/ That bit was hilarious, and I think the unraveling of Clara's identity is going to be fascinating. And I looove the new interior of the TARDIS. :inlove:
I so loved it I agree with everything you say. I say who says doctor who divorced river song and marries Clara?
We don't exactly know the Galifreyan marriage customs though. They could be polygamous, or not have divorce. They could end after a regeneration. As for Dr. Song's appearances, I think we will be seeing beyond this Doctor. I might have mentioned this earlier, but I think we have regarded the peak of River Song. In The Wedding of River Song the Doctor said
you embarrass me
and in The Angels Take Manhattan Dr. Song said
you embarrass me
Which marks the reversal of roles and the downfall of River Song .
Last edited by 31899 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
I feel like it's a spin-off from Amy, what with her being a child and all. So why does it still make me so happy? x) The raggedy Doctor is back! I feel like he was a different person for Season 7 thus far. :- And a bit of 6. Season 5 was his best, probably. ;)
I'm not sure I really see anything of Amy here... It just seems like one chance encounter out of many, only this time Oswin/Clara happened to be a child. The prequels usually don't indicate much of anything about what will happen in the season. :-k
I'm with you on the raggedy Doctor. ^.^ I would be thrilled if we could have happy Doctor again, instead of sad, miserable, angsty Doctor.
Last edited by Petrichor on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Yeah, I really can't take anymore angsty Doctor lol. I miss the whimsical Doctor from Season 5. :(
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Aeva wrote:I miss the whimsical Doctor from Season 5. :(
I miss my gorgeous baby David Tennant :(
*insert provocative quote here*
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Your Tennant. \:D/
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Aeva wrote: I miss the whimsical Doctor from Season 5. :(
He's coming back slowly but surely. I think. xD \:D/

NEW EPISODE: The Bells of St. John
Oh my goodness! :D I actually like Clara. How did this happen? And we know how she got the hacking skills for Asylum of the Daleks? Or was that just another similarity since she is a governess? I love how Clara is making the Doctor pursue her. :P I nearly melted when he asked her to travel with him. So many times, never gets old. My brother thinks I'm crazy now:) It was adorable. *bounce* And I loved Eleven on a moterbike with Clara like Ten on a moterbike with Rose. And the poor lady in charge. :/ Her disposition reminded me of Madam K from Season 6. I'm just so excited I'd like to go watch it over again. :) The Doctor's solution was brilliant as always, and now we have to wonder which of the Doctor's old acquaintances was the 'client'? Could it be the Master? After all, he was eating people last time we saw him. :anxious: I was very pleased that all the office workers didn't die. It seems like they normally die in the end. But they were returned to normal. No one died. :) Oh Eleven. I'm going to miss you when you leave..

Edit: And how could I forget? The women who gave Clara the Doctor's number must have been River? Or could it have been Lady Vastra or Jenny having finally located her for the Doctor? And the boys book by 'Amelia Williams'. :D "Oh yes!"

Edit Edit: Oh, and he actually timetraveled effectively? Usually when he tries to hop around he ends up anywhere from seven years off to seven decades off. He didn't this time? Oh, and his fez collection..xD
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Prequel! \:D/

The Client was the Great Intelligence. He was the thing in the Christmas special and showed up in Old Who.

It was an okay episode. She isn't Donna, :( but she was good. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

The prequel really is adorable:)
Oooh! Thank you for providing me with a lightbulb moment! xD

Who do you think gave the Doctor's number? ;)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That would be the question. If we go on the theory that Clara knew the Doctor in Asylum, I'd go with River. Or someone we have yet to meet because it's Moffat. :P
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Twas a lovely episode. I look forward to more :)

I loved the parallels between this episode and the one in season 2 with Rose/Ten (the motorcycle especially)

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

IT HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED THAT DAVID TENNANT AND BILLIE PIPER ARE RETURNING FOR THE FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY!

:panic:

I shall die. No, I am already dead. Dead from intense feelings of overwhelming pleasure and joy.
*insert provocative quote here*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

I'd be disappointed if it wasn't River. :yes:
Yes, that was cute O:)

Everyone heard that David Tennant and Billie Piper are back for the 50th, right? << Do not fear, this was announced before April first. xP https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status ... 0421800962

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

When I heard about that the other day, I just about died of happiness. Two of my favorites are making a comeback! :inlove: (Also, I ship it. :- OTP.)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:When I heard about that the other day, I just about died of happiness. Two of my favorites are making a comeback! :inlove: (Also, I ship it. :- OTP.)
I ship it too :-

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE COMING BACK! YESSSS!!!!!!!!! \:D/

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

What on earth does "OTP" mean? :- I've seen it everywhere and failed to decipher it's meaning.
So I just watched the second half of "The Bells of Saint John," and I definitely liked what I saw. (I missed the first half because I was on my way home from class.) I think Clara is going to be good; she seems to be feisty without being obnoxious. The fez as a collection plate was hilarious, and I hope we see more of the Great Intelligence. I think it (or they) could be a fabulous antagonist. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa