What's A Daily Routine?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

What's A Daily Routine?

Post by Bren »

If you needed to come up with a daily routine and also get you sleeping schedule on track, how would you do it? Maybe explaining your routine would help too.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I have a well fixed routine because it's barely changed at all my whole life.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Usually, if I want to start getting up at a certain time or falling asleep at a certain time, what I usually do is start getting up at the time that I want to be getting up. By doing that, I make my body need to fall asleep earlier at night. And then it gradually becomes easier to wake up early in the mornings.

Currently, I've been getting up at 5:15 on weekdays. I started out by forcing myself to get up at 5:15 with a very loud and annoying alarm, placing the alarm on the other side of the room so I have to get out of bed to turn it off. After turning the alarm off, I immediately get in the shower to wake myself up completely. Then, usually by about 10:15, I'm falling asleep because my body tends to need exactly 7 hours. So if you make it a habit to go to bed and get about 7 hours of sleep before the time you need to be up, it's not that difficult to get a schedule going. You just have to stay committed for the first week or so.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

This is my morning routine: go to bed at midnight or later, get at 7 am, sit down on the couch and then some how end up laying on the couch, and go back to sleep until about noon.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

my daily routine has eliminated my need to find things.

i put my hat keys wallet and phone case in the same spot my alarms all go off that the same time.

monday wednesday and fridays are gym days tuesdays mid week church. saturday is a free day unless i have to work. so by free meaning i can pack more things people ask me to do in it.

thursday i close a local bookstore.

sunday church from 845 - 1:00ish then back at church at 530. i help close the building up on sunday nights.

monday through friday im at work by 730. home by 430. i have very little down time.

i plan a lot of these days before i go to bed. plus ive been at my job for almost 11 years.. so its kind of second hat to me.

some value from these others do not. it is how much you are willing to stay true your goal. maybe you dont need a routine. maybe you do. try some. it will take time to find what works for you.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Bren wrote:If you needed to come up with a daily routine and also get you sleeping schedule on track, how would you do it? Maybe explaining your routine would help too.
My question to you, oh Brenden, is this:

What's a bed, and what is sleep?

:mrgreen:

But seriously, one thing I've been doing to keep myself on a good sleep schedule is eating regularly.

I try to start with a nice hearty breakfast at 8:00 AM, a medium sized lunch at about 1:30 PM, and a small supper at 6:00 PM.

Also, making a set time to get up and go to bed each day helps as well.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

In just the past week, I've stayed up all night doing homework, gone to bed before midnight, fell asleep at various odd hours in between, and took a dozen catnaps. I've slept in til noon and been up at 7am several times. Regardless, I seem to stay on top of life and get straight As. \:D/ I want a solid schedule, but my responsibilities don't allow it. >_>

Don't ask me for advice on the matter.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.