What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I know what's wrong with all you people. The books of Ember are great! :x
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

KF:

And The City of Ember. Okay, but nothing spectacular. Reading the sequel now.

Marv:

KF, The City of Ember was really not an interesting book in my opinion >_>

KF:

It really wasn't. I mainly read it because I saw the movie and wanted to know what happened in the sequels. :p

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marv:

I just didn't like the writing style, to be honest. It was somewhat. .dull. That, and that girl (what was her name? Lena?) was kind of. .yeah. Telling the guards? Seriously?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
JP:
Marv wrote:I just didn't like the writing style, to be honest. It was somewhat. .dull. That, and that girl (what was her name? Lena?) was kind of. .yeah. Telling the guards? Seriously?
I've read them all, and they weren't that great. The Prophet of Yonwood was the dumbest one in my opinion fyi

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Marv:

Oh, wonderful. Now I have even less of a reason to read them >_>

______________________________________________________________________________________
Amy:

Part of the reason y'all might be finding The City of Ember less than enthralling is the fact that it's written for, like, twelve-year-olds. I loved those books when I was younger, but I recognize that I probably wouldn't find them all that enthralling now. (Still, I own the entire series.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Woody:

I know what's wrong with all you people. The books of Ember are great! :x

Last edited by Jesus' Princess on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added quotes tags - JP
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Says the younger user. Of course ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hey, Marv, I'm only one year younger than you...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm talking to Tron =P The books are really just dull, and the style of writing is. .meh.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Woody

Post by Woody »

Well, I loved them.

And I know someone who's older than you, Marv(And Amy and JP, and probably KF, too) who loves them as well. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

On my Nook I finished Where the Treasure Hides, it was excellent. I haven't decided what I'm starting next.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

U am currently in Ted Dekker's White and reading Old Yeller, too.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm "reading" Redwall again....actually, I'm listening to the audiobook. :P So handy to have something to listen to while I'm sewing. \:D/ This one is just the plain straight audio, but I prefer the ones that are performed by Brian Jacques and a full cast. I love it when they actually sing all the songs! :D Has anyone else heard those?
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Right now I'm reading A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I like it so far.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Jack by George Sayer, a very well-written biography of C. S. Lewis.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Up next for me is Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White. First time reading this author so we shall see. On my Nook I'm rereading Daughter of Grace by Michael Phillips, it's the second book in his The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister series.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I just finished Charlotte's Web, since I'd never read it before. It was a sweet kids' book.
One thing I hate about books is change.......Especially in Anne of Green Gables, when she moves on from her old friends, gets older, people die.....I hate it.

I am also reading the Anne series. My only complaint is the author skimped out on the romance between Anne and Gilbert. After they were married, nothing. :(
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Finished Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy. Some of my British friends compiled an insanely long list of classics for me to read, so I need to get started on them :p

Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I am currently working my way the the book of common prayer, the apocrypha, and "Bread of Angels" by Barbara Brown Taylor
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

American Gods.

You probably wouldn't like it. (It's weird.)
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Over spring break I finished the first book of the Brothersband series, titled The Outcasts. I love John Flanagan's books. I'll have to say that I still like the first Ranger's Apprentice better, but it was a really good start to a series. Can't wait until our library gets the others!
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I'm reading (and please don't jump on me for this...) "His Dark Materials" series, and I'm on book 2, "The Subtle Knife."
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Why would we jump on you? *is curious, goes to Google*

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Fear and Trembling by Soren Kierkegaard and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.