What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Black ice by andrew lane
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

On my Nook I finished My Father's World and am now reading an ebook entitled Where Treasure Hides by Johnnie Alexander Donley, a new author at least to me since I'm new to the ebook world but this book is absolutely fantastic. I haven't been able to pick up the Tracie Peterson book much because Where Treasure Hides is so hard to put aside even for a moment.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oh. My. Goodness. I just finished Ted Dekker's Thr3e. And. .wow. Just wow. It was amazing. Every time I finish one of his books it's all that I can think about for the next few days. I so totally did not expect the ending >_> And for some of my thoughts on it, in case you've read it. Don't click the spoiler if you haven't read it, because I'm about to spoil the most important part :p
I STILL can't get my mind around the fact that Slater and Sam were really Kevin. It just was. .how? It seemed so real! Slater watching Sam, Kevin dancing with Sam, Slater talking to Kevin. .how could Kevin have done all of that? And the climax with Sam, Kevin, and Slater! To believe it was only Kevin holding two guns and shooting himself, but thinking he'd been shot and so had Sam. It was just mind-boggling. But totally epic. I was so positive that Kevin couldn't have been Slater. But it was even crazier to believe that Sam was also Kevin, because she was the one who stumbled upon the conclusion.
I give it a 9.5/10 star rating \:D/ The number three is so totally going to be stuck in my head now =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I finished the LOTR series and love it. Only he could have divulged into some more plots.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

Just read Ted Dekker's Circle trilogy and "House" .... he's an amazing author!

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson. Very good although I did not like two of the characters, they did redeem themselves toward the end. The fact that the characters annoyed me is what makes Tracie Peterson such a wonderful author. I'm going back to my Nook to continue Where the Treasure Hides.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

I just started Rebecca's Crossing and I just finished streams to the river, river to the sea
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Agatha Christie has astonished, and won me over as a fan.

And The City of Ember. Okay, but nothing spectacular. Reading the sequel now.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

I my reading of Ben-Hur I am 15% through the book and have Finally met the main character.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Tikvah wrote:I my reading of Ben-Hur I am 15% through the book and have Finally met the main character.
Ouch! That book is painful to read. *grimace*

I just got my copy of Jane Austen for Dummies from the library for my school project. \:D/ Also, Pride And Prejudice and Zombies. :yes:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I do not want to read Ben-Hur. Ever. The movie was long enough =P

KF, The City of Ember was really not an interesting book in my opinion >_>

Currently reading Nightmare Academy by Frank Peretti. It's not that long, but I just want to find out how it all ends :p

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It really wasn't. I mainly read it because I saw the movie and wanted to know what happened in the sequels. :P
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oh, really? I haven't seen the movie, but I heard it wasn't that interesting or good =P I have yet to read the sequels, but I don't have much of a desire to. I'd rather read some of my other novels on my Kindle xD

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It's been a few years, but it did leave an impression. So far I'm not impressed with them. The naivety of these people. O.o At this point I'm in I started it so I want to know how ends mode with them.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I just didn't like the writing style, to be honest. It was somewhat. .dull. That, and that girl (what was her name? Lena?) was kind of. .yeah. Telling the guards? Seriously?

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Marvin D. wrote:I just didn't like the writing style, to be honest. It was somewhat. .dull. That, and that girl (what was her name? Lena?) was kind of. .yeah. Telling the guards? Seriously?
I've read them all, and they weren't that great. The Prophet of Yonwood was the dumbest one in my opinion fyi
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oh, wonderful. Now I have even less of a reason to read them >_>

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Marvin D. wrote:Oh, wonderful. Now I have even less of a reason to read them >_>
I really wouldn't, I just read them because I was curious as to how it ended, but they were pretty meh.
bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

I finished Rebecca's crossing and now I have to decide on a new book to read! (I have at least 15 on a "to read" shelf in my bookcase!)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Part of the reason y'all might be finding The City of Ember less than enthralling is the fact that it's written for, like, twelve-year-olds. :P I loved those books when I was younger, but I recognize that I probably wouldn't find them all that enthralling now. (Still, I own the entire series.)