Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Samitude wrote:Didn't Connie have an aunt or cousin that was supposed to visit her in an early episode? That was the one about the feathers and bricks I think.
That would be her aunt Helen
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Oh, that's right! I don't have that story on an album and it hasn't aired in a long time. Is she June or Bill's sister?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Samitude wrote:Oh, that's right! I don't have that story on an album and it hasn't aired in a long time. Is she June or Bill's sister?
If memory serves me correctly Helen is Bill's sister. I wonder if they will bring her back too.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Laurie wrote:
Samitude wrote:Oh, that's right! I don't have that story on an album and it hasn't aired in a long time. Is she June or Bill's sister?
If memory serves me correctly Helen is Bill's sister. I wonder if they will bring her back too.
yep, she's Bills younger sister, and Connie didn't like her, and didn't want her to come in that episode because of that reason.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Laurie wrote:
yep, she's Bills younger sister, and Connie didn't like her, and didn't want her to come in that episode because of that reason.
"Emotional Baggage" is the name of the episode. It's on #10 Other Times, Other Places.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Somebody on facebook suggested that Connie could be pregnant, which would explain Katie Leigh's crying and the title. I'm not to sure I like that idea... I mean, that's a huge thing to do to a person to just teach a lesson, isn't it? Unless she miscarries, the writers would be stuck having to write a baby into the show.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Yes, I thought of that possibility, but I really don't think it's likely.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AshleyWhittaker wrote:Somebody on facebook suggested that Connie could be pregnant, which would explain Katie Leigh's crying and the title. I'm not to sure I like that idea... I mean, that's a huge thing to do to a person to just teach a lesson, isn't it? Unless she miscarries, the writers would be stuck having to write a baby into the show.
I don't like that idea at all.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Laurie wrote:
AshleyWhittaker wrote:Somebody on facebook suggested that Connie could be pregnant, which would explain Katie Leigh's crying and the title. I'm not to sure I like that idea... I mean, that's a huge thing to do to a person to just teach a lesson, isn't it? Unless she miscarries, the writers would be stuck having to write a baby into the show.
Me neither. But it would be interesting to see how she handles it...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Me neither. But it would be interesting to see how she handles it...
That is a valid point and for older listeners it would be interesting but I think parents might complain.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

I don't know, that seems like a pretty heavy subject considering the direction Odyssey's been going since the hiatus.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Jesus' Princess wrote:
I don't know, that seems like a pretty heavy subject considering the direction Odyssey's been going since the hiatus.
Maybe that's why their doing it. Maybe they think they've been doing to many lighthearted episodes and need to get down to what happens in real life. Just a thought :)
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

But they wouldn't do it with Connie. She's supposed to be a role model.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reynard Muldoon wrote:But they wouldn't do it with Connie. She's supposed to be a role model.
And they shouldn't do it considering that AIO is directed toward kids.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Wow! I cannot believe you all are even considering that Connie might be pregnant. Odyssey wouldn't promote immorality. Connie is a Christian. She wouldn't put herself in a place where that might happen. Also, who would be the child's father? Connie doesn't have a boyfriend. Besides, she has already seen the example of her friend Pamela and all of that heartache. No, I think either Bill or June Kendall will die. Shona's character is probably a patient in the hospital that helps Connie.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Samitude wrote:Wow! I cannot believe you all are even considering that Connie might be pregnant. Odyssey wouldn't promote immorality. Connie is a Christian. She wouldn't put herself in a place where that might happen. Also, who would be the child's father? Connie doesn't have a boyfriend. Besides, she has already seen the example of her friend Pamela and all of that heartache. No, I think either Bill or June Kendall will die. Shona's character is probably a patient in the hospital that helps Connie.
I'm not considering it, I've been trying to tell everyone who is that it's a bad idea.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Samitude wrote:I think that Bill Kendall is dying. He probably has cancer or something. As for the possible sister, has anything been said about one? Where is everyone coming up with a sister? I know Shona will be in probably one episode. If Connie has a sister that moves to Odyssey then I would think they would want a permanent actress to play her.
They said the Shona plays someone's ######## which lines up with Daughter, since Bill is back it's very possible that it's his daughter. There's a fairly high chance that if that's true then after Bill dies Shona's character would probably stay with her mother (Wherever that is) and not move to Odyssey permanently. Although the producers have stated that they are open to the idea of her returning in the future. Also Shona's real life mother played a part in the episode, perhaps this could be Bill's new wife and the mother of Shona's character, although that last part if purely a conjecture.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The current title is A Call To Something More.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm skeptical they will even breach into pregnancy again since Pamela has pretty much been wiped out of existence. IF they decided to go that route again, which I doubt they would do, I'm sure they would introduce a new character, and not do that to a mainstay.

All that being said, I kind of lol at "Connie wouldn't let that happen because it is immoral and she is a Christian" because most of us know plenty of Christians who have done dumb things, and it wouldn't be "promoting" immorality because I'm sure it'd be a big deal and life lesson thing. But whatevs, Its not happening anyway.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Okay children, this is why I do not like to participate in pre-airing speculation about what an episode may or may not contain. This is bordering on the ridiculous. I do not think they would have Connie be pregnant when they have closed the door on romance for her at this time. They have in the past dealt with some very difficult issues in a very Christian way, and even that caused controversy among parents. But, sadly, it is the world we live in. Children as young as the target audience may even have siblings who are experiencing adolescent pregnancies, if not, they hear it at school, on tv, etc. I lost track of how young the schools are having sex education now. But that being said, they dealt very effectively with Eugene and Katrina having infertility issues, so maybe in the future they will have a baby. Many couples who have been told they cannot have children, do..........I have a brother to prove it. I do not even know where you guys are getting half the things you say about Shona, but let´s just leave it that perhaps Connie will have a young relative pop up and then put our speculation on hold. Remember, there are children in this group.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden