725: Home Again, Part 2

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What's your rating?

5 stars
55%
4 stars
36%
3 stars
9%
2 stars
No votes
1 star
No votes

Total votes: 11

Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
725: Home Again, Part 2

Post by Peachey Keen »

Will Eugene escape? Will Wooton & Penny find Jason? Will we get a satisfying ending to this two-parter?
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Well the cats truly out of the bag now. I still don't quite understand when it became common knowledge that Jason was alive. Even in 53, did Whit ever mention anything about how he was "supposed" to be dead?
The Rudolph/Sebastien conversations were very Flim Flam Brother-ish, which I rather liked.
I find it funny how every time Jack and Joanne get tied down with something that they want to get rid of, Jason comes and takes care of it. (Like Joanne's mission work in Malachi's Message)
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I can't make this a global topic anymore. :(

The episode lost my attention early on, but regained it when Connie, Penny and Wooton met Jason in the woods. I saw a touch of my own personality in Jason. ;) It was really good to hear from Jack again! I'm guessing that was recorded over the phone.

B+ or something like that.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I'm glad they actually got Jack in for a short bit there, both as a sendoff for old fans and so new fans don't wonder why they're only talking about him.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Ok, I was sure that Jack wouldn't appear, since I'd heard that they couldn't get Alan Young, as he's been only mentioned all album, but when he appeared, I FREAKED! That was so AWESOME that we got to hear from him one last time! My sister says she was listening to it at around 12:30 in the morning, and shot straight up in bed when he started speaking.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Well the cats truly out of the bag now. I still don't quite understand when it became common knowledge that Jason was alive. Even in 53, did Whit ever mention anything about how he was "supposed" to be dead?
The Rudolph/Sebastien conversations were very Flim Flam Brother-ish, which I rather liked.
I find it funny how every time Jack and Joanne get tied down with something that they want to get rid of, Jason comes and takes care of it. (Like Joanne's mission work in Malachi's Message)
Go back and listen to those episodes again. :) The only people who ever thought he was dead were his enemies and originally the NSA. The citizens of Odyssey didn't know - remember, they said there were no casualties in the news report in the background. Eventually, even the NSA learned he wasn't dead, so the whole ruse doesn't even matter now. :)

Also, really glad to hear a goodbye on AIO - sad, but glad there was closure. :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Leonard Meltsner wrote: The Rudolph/Sebastien conversations were very Flim Flam Brother-ish, which I rather liked.
I get that reference, I get that reference! MLP FTW.
ANYWAYS, I really liked this episode, besides the fact of the action-adventure part being really rushed and maybe a bit cheesy.....
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Also, really glad to hear a goodbye on AIO - sad, but glad there was closure. :)
I didn't catch a goodbye during the episode... you mean Jack and Joanne's trip? While that does sound like an excuse for them to disappear, I didn't take it to be an official goodbye.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

They may not have said it, but having Jack's voice one last time.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It could've been because of the effect of the phone but I thought Alan's voice sounded weak.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I don't think it was just you.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Well the cats truly out of the bag now. I still don't quite understand when it became common knowledge that Jason was alive. Even in 53, did Whit ever mention anything about how he was "supposed" to be dead?
Go back and listen to those episodes again. :) The only people who ever thought he was dead were his enemies and originally the NSA. The citizens of Odyssey didn't know - remember, they said there were no casualties in the news report in the background. Eventually, even the NSA learned he wasn't dead, so the whole ruse doesn't even matter now. :)

Also, really glad to hear a goodbye on AIO - sad, but glad there was closure. :)
It never really said that the NSA knows that he's alive, granted they probably know anyway, but they never really made that clear. It is true that only the NSA and his enemies were the ones who believed he was dead because Connie and Whit weren't supposed to tell anyone about it. However, supposedly there was a rumor that he was dead going around town.

I liked this episode for the most part. The only problem I really had with it was that the action scene was really rushed, and once again the bad guys were slightly goofy. However, I did enjoy hearing from Jack, and finding out a little more about what they have in mind for Jason.
Nellie
Lurker

Post by Nellie »

Does anyone know where Connie refers to Jason as 'like a brother'....? Did I miss that, or is the online version different to the album?
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

The online one is very likely different than the album. The online version is the broadcast version, which is cut to a specific time length. The album one can be a bit longer, to fit in scenes that may've been cut, or lines.
Nellie
Lurker

Post by Nellie »

What is the scenario where Connie refers to Jason as 'like a brother', and what do they say?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I'm a month late, but hey. ^.^
DanP740 wrote:I'm glad they actually got Jack in for a short bit there, both as a sendoff for old fans and so new fans don't wonder why they're only talking about him.
Yes:)

These were fun episodes! Although 'Rudolf' seemed like another version of the AIO video tape with Dillon, the Whit-cat-burglar, and sewer rides (I have lost the name of it..). It also seemed like in part one that there was a little tension between Jason and Whit at the cabin? The father-son bond needs to be a bit stronger, in my opinion. :) Not that Jason is suppose to be 'perfect' (he's allowed his doubts about things) but still. I don't know. ;) And Jason and Connie's reuniting was rather sweet. o.O Since when has that ever happened? Both are rather impulsive, though.. :-

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Nellie wrote:What is the scenario where Connie refers to Jason as 'like a brother', and what do they say?
Connie says that Jason is "like a big brother that I never get to see", and she was talking to either Eugene or Penny and Wooten when she said it. That's all I can remember.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

So I know I'm terribly late on posting a review of this episode, but since I'm in love with Jason, hence the screen name, I thought it only appropriate to add my comments.

1. Jason's back!!!

2. Wooton's version of Clue is AH-MAY-ZHING. I want a copy of this game.

3. The villians were too cheesy, Eugene was a little dense (if he hadn't argued the foolishness of their plan, they would have delivered him to the police where he would be safe).

4. It was silly, but still fun for the one villian to wear a waistcoat just like Eugene.

5. Very good lesson about the difficulty of spiritual discipline. I know this was addressed in Solitary Refinement with Eugene, but it's a good lesson to revisit. Often someone will decide they need to reconnect with God, a good thing, and to do that they try to force themselves to spend X amount of time praying or reading their Bible. Jumping into the spiritual disciplines is not easy, and could be detrimental to growth.

6. So, actually from part 1, Connie's promise to keep a secret immediately followed by her breaking the promise. Hilarious. And at the same time, set the stage for part of the moral later on.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth