Family Portraits

Should they re-release it?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Should FotF re-release Family Portraits?

Yes! :yes:
86%
No! :noway:
7%
Maybe. :-k
7%

Total votes: 29

Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Jennifer, I saw your post on FB. I was the one who commented under it, and you commented it. I see AMOTF under Itunes with other album, but need to get a new itunes card.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:Jennifer, I saw your post on FB. I was the one who commented under it, and you commented it. I see AMOTF under Itunes with other album, but need to get a new itunes card.
before you pay again, wait until Focus has a chance to address the problems. It is a shame to pay twice.

I also see where those comments have been removed from the public feed. Hopefully they will provide a solution once everyone returns to work tomorrow. :pray:

-- 01 Jan 2013 04:18 pm --

ok, techno savvy Odyssey friends, (probably the teens and pre-teens), I downloaded Family Portraits from iTunes to my Ipod. But when I synch it to my main computer, I cannot access the Family Portraits file. Any ideas? We have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, no luck.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

jennifertwt wrote: ok, techno savvy Odyssey friends, (probably the teens and pre-teens), I downloaded Family Portraits from iTunes to my Ipod. But when I synch it to my main computer, I cannot access the Family Portraits file. Any ideas? We have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, no luck.
It should automatically sync over, but try going into iTunes, and on the left side of the screen near your playlists there should be a store category, underneath it there's a purchased link, click on that and it should take you to a playlist of everything you've bought recently.

Hopefully this helps! :)
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
jennifertwt wrote: ok, techno savvy Odyssey friends, (probably the teens and pre-teens), I downloaded Family Portraits from iTunes to my Ipod. But when I synch it to my main computer, I cannot access the Family Portraits file. Any ideas? We have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, no luck.
It should automatically sync over, but try going into iTunes, and on the left side of the screen near your playlists there should be a store category, underneath it there's a purchased link, click on that and it should take you to a playlist of everything you've bought recently.

ok, have to try that. It does not help that my iTunes speaks Swedish. ;-)
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

jennifertwt wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:

ok, have to try that. It does not help that my iTunes speaks Swedish. ;-)
Let me know if it works :)
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I wonder if it's the same thing on CBD...?
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Nope. I looked on CBD, and saw by the minutes listed for the length of the episodes, CBD has the right episodes.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:Nope. I looked on CBD, and saw by the minutes listed for the length of the episodes, CBD has the right episodes.
rats, I could not have gotten CBD from Sweden anyway. Hopfully they will find a way to fix the iTunes files and let us know how we can get them.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

jennifertwt wrote:
Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:Nope. I looked on CBD, and saw by the minutes listed for the length of the episodes, CBD has the right episodes.
rats, I could not have gotten CBD from Sweden anyway. Hopfully they will find a way to fix the iTunes files and let us know how we can get them.
I can't download it from CBD either.](*,) I really wish FOTF would just wake up and release Family Portraits on CD but I know that is very wishful thinking on my part.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Laurie wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
I can't download it from CBD either.](*,) I really wish FOTF would just wake up and release Family Portraits on CD but I know that is very wishful thinking on my part.
Maybe they will if the download version is popular enough. I did my part, now they just have to do theirs by fixing the iTunes problem. I would be very happy to have a CD version as well. \:D/

-- 03 Jan 2013 11:51 am --

though I hope they do better cover art than the pic on the download files. It is "okay", just not something I'd want on my hard copy.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

jennifertwt wrote:
Laurie wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
Maybe they will if the download version is popular enough. I did my part, now they just have to do theirs by fixing the iTunes problem. I would be very happy to have a CD version as well. \:D/

-- 03 Jan 2013 11:51 am --

though I hope they do better cover art than the pic on the download files. It is "okay", just not something I'd want on my hard copy.
IMHO Family Portraits would be very popular released on CD. Unfortunately FOTF never will see that.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

so has anyone heard from Focus on the iTunes issue? If no one has, I will try emailing them myself on Monday.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

If you're referring to the episodess being the same, Nathan is aware and was supposed to get it fixed. The problem I have is if it was fixed, I don't know how to update the episodes without paying for them again.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I think I'll hold out for CDs for a couple of months. I only just bought my first digital (music) album and I don't want to buy the MP3s and then have the CDs come out.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I agree with Austin. I've heard all of them before, because of the Washington Secret Word contest, so I can wait and hold out a little. It won't kill me. I'll be fine. Totally fine...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Bren wrote:If you're referring to the episodess being the same, Nathan is aware and was supposed to get it fixed. The problem I have is if it was fixed, I don't know how to update the episodes without paying for them again.
I understand and have the same problem. If it were just paying for those particular episodes, it would not be so bad, but I do NOT want to have to pay for the whole album again. That is not fair to the consumers. I will wait a few more days and see what comes of it. A life lesson my father told me decades ago about "following the crowd" is coming back.............I have no access to CBD, but do now wish I had waited a bit to make sure all was in order. ](*,) :shame: :anxious:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:
Bren wrote:If you're referring to the episodess being the same, Nathan is aware and was supposed to get it fixed. The problem I have is if it was fixed, I don't know how to update the episodes without paying for them again.
I understand and have the same problem. If it were just paying for those particular episodes, it would not be so bad, but I do NOT want to have to pay for the whole album again. That is not fair to the consumers. I will wait a few more days and see what comes of it. A life lesson my father told me decades ago about "following the crowd" is coming back.............I have no access to CBD, but do now wish I had waited a bit to make sure all was in order. ](*,) :shame: :anxious:
have you ever tried ordering from the fotf.ca site? they have downloads too but they're not region blocked like CBD and I've heard the checkout process is way smoother.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
have you ever tried ordering from the fotf.ca site? they have downloads too but they're not region blocked like CBD and I've heard the checkout process is way smoother.
I really prefer hard copies, but will keep that in mind for the future. This first venture with iTunes has not brought me confidence. I hope they can work out a solution that does not cost us more money. Maybe refund our original download and then we can re-purchase? or make the eps available separately. I would be willing to pay for While Dad´s Away since A Member of the Family was repeated on several versions of album 1. (not sure which version I have, but I do have the ep).

-- 07 Jan 2013 07:23 pm --

I wonder if they will play Family Portraits on the regular broadcast now that they are "out".....that would be nice for those of us with corrupted files who do not want to repurchase.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Dear all,

Yes, there was an initial glitch on iTunes with the Family Portraits album as two of the tracks had the wrong audio. This has since been fixed on the iTunes store.

Several people who downloaded the version with the error have contacted us here at Focus and we've sent them the corrected tracks. If you were one of the initial buyers who got the incorrect version, send us an e-mail at:

[email protected]

We'll be happy to send you out the correct audio files right away.

We're sorry for the initial problem. Thank you to everyone who picked up Family Portraits!

Nathan
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Thanks for weighing in Nathan! Now I can buy them without fear.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent