Mail Carrier Gift

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Joy wrote: Homeschoolers don't have teachers....
My mom is my teacher. :P
A few people a 100 miles away are my teachers.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Joy wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Oh, do you do DVD's? I've heard of those, but I've never used them. Good friends of ours do, I think it's through BJU. I've heard good things :yes:
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Joy wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Oh, do you do DVD's? I've heard of those, but I've never used them. Good friends of ours do, I think it's through BJU. I've heard good things :yes:
We used to, and those good things are LIES, ALL LIES!!! I despised BJU. But we're doing something different this year. It's reading, and you do it all online, and there's online classes and stuff, and teachers who grade your reports, and written answers, and are there to basically answer questions, unblock tests, stuff like that.
offtopic
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Joy wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Joy wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
We used to, and those good things are LIES, ALL LIES!!! I despised BJU. But we're doing something different this year. It's reading, and you do it all online, and there's online classes and stuff, and teachers who grade your reports, and written answers, and are there to basically answer questions, unblock tests, stuff like that.
offtopic
Nice, I've always just done textbooks, and them my mom goes over the lessons and stuff. Sounds good though.

...back on topic:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I was totally unaware that one was socially obligated to give a gift to his/her mailman. :anxious: But, fun idea, none the less. :) If I may add to the general career list...

Suspicious Minds - Cashier/Store Clerk
Second Thoughts - Farmer
Third Degree - Police Officer/Prison Guard
A Class Act/For Trying Out Loud - Actor/Director
Hold Up! - Thief/Criminal (does that count as a career? ;) )
Top This! - D.J.
Do, For a Change? - Librarian (there must be a better one but, that's all I can think of at the moment)
The Secret Weapon - Coach
You Win Some, You Lose Some - Camp Counselor (I listened to this episode several times when I was a cabin leader this summer and it was quite encouraging :yes:)
Whatever you do, just don't give the health inspector 'Suspicious Finds' - it will count as bribing a government official. ;)
Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:Now I'm going to make this into a list of career specific episodes. But I'm stumped on which one I should give to my chiropractor.
Break a Leg, of course. :)

"As they say in show business, break a leg!"
"Yes, yes, equal wishes to your various limbs as well."
-Edwin Blackgaard :lol:
Last edited by King Butter Turtle on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Librarian could also be "To Mend or Repair".

"I'm sure that raise is right around the corner!"
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Thank you, KBT, great list.

You're not obligated to give a gift to the mail carrier, it's just a nice gesture that some do. Last year was the first time I've done it, and then only because Linda (colleague at work) handed a gift card to me and said "this is for your mail carrier, I have one for mine and one for the paper deliverer." She brings the paper to the office for me to read (usually gets ignored and thrown away, but sometimes I skim the headline) so I don't have a paper deliverer.

Break a Leg. Perfect.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Loney 97
Not as new
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, The Solar System as We Know It. . .

Post by Loney 97 »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:I should totally give The Last Great Adventure of the Summer to all the CIA agents I know!
Hey, that's not so far fetched. There was a CIA agent that lived in our old neighborhood. He had blacked out windows in the back. :- And one time my dog escaped and ran into his yard...he came out and offered me a leash. O:)
Cool Laura. I wonder what he was doing with a leash, though? (Suspicious) (Jokey)
Thank you to my SS for the great sig!