Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Life is great. I'm totally loving getting to go to a "real" school. (It's a private school with about 70 students :) ) I've made some new friends and gotten closer to some that I already knew since I now get to see them on a day-to-day basis. Life has been extremely busy though. I'm sorry I haven't stopped by to say hi in forever but I figured I would finally. ;) Looks like you guys have been having fun around here! I did want to tell you all thank you for being a part of my life for over a year. It honestly was a great experience that taught me a lot about debating, ;) getting along with people, and making new friends. This place is great. Don't let it die!
:hug: Talk to you guys later,
Lee

\:D/
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

LEE! :hug:
My life has been extremely hectic....... On top of that T'm also sick and still going to school >_<
Saturday can not come fast enough ;)

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

HEEEEY LEE. \:D/

Today has been incredible; the door that has opened had me flipping out last night... nothing in stone yet, but it's looking pretty good.

On another awesome note, Aeva sent me a sonic screwdriver for my birthday. \:D/ Complete with light, sound, and flippy motion... IT'S ELEVEN'S.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hi Lee! :wave:
Sounds like you're keeping busy. :)

This Saturday is my LAST market day of the year! Woot! \:D/ It's seemed both long and short, and it's been an enjoyable experience. Hopefully I can do it again next year, because I still have a ton of packaging supplies left to use up. Heh. I have also gotten a few regulars who like my stuff, and I have been informed by one man that he will be special ordering whole cheesecakes through the winter to last him until next year's market. :P That's fine with me... ;) I'm also making another whole cheesecake this week for a party of some sort. I'd really like to get more of those type orders, and maybe with my name and business card out there, people will contact me as the holidays come up. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Hey Lee! :hug: Glad you're doing well and enjoying school :)

Life is good, busy and chaotic, and well, to an outsider looking in probably insane :P Lovin' it though, and as a plus, it snowed over the weekend \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Laurie wrote:Ironic that the Barnes & Noble that did not have the book I wanted last week had it this week. I should have taken my copy in last week and rubbed it in. It would have been interesting to see what if any reaction I would have gotten. Barnes & Noble is getting lazy and the sad thing is they don't know that and they don't care.
You probably talked to a store clerk, right? They make like $7.40 an hour and could have been hungry and looking forward to breaktime. Your book is not that big of a deal.

The last people to post in this topic were Hadassah, Laurie, snubs, Sunshine, Shen, Lee, Gracy, Termite, Laura and JP. I feel like such an oddball. \:D/ As for some MANLY news, my job is going really well, school is speeding up with lots of presentations and essays due, and I'm freaking out about Christmas. ;) Life is a blessing.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

American Eagle wrote:
Laurie wrote:Ironic that the Barnes & Noble that did not have the book I wanted last week had it this week. I should have taken my copy in last week and rubbed it in. It would have been interesting to see what if any reaction I would have gotten. Barnes & Noble is getting lazy and the sad thing is they don't know that and they don't care.
You probably talked to a store clerk, right? They make like $7.40 an hour and could have been hungry and looking forward to breaktime. Your book is not that big of a deal.

That could be. Or my theory is that the book was in the back room and two things happened: The person in the back room was too lazy to bring the book out and the clerk I spoke to was too lazy to go to the back room and check. Were I a B & N employee I would have had the book out that day and if it wasn't out I would have gone back and asked the reason why.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Only make sure you're walking in love, which is also believing the best of everyone. We are not here to judge and nit-pick but love everyone, even the not-so-great B&N employees... especially not knowing why they screw up at their jobs or what the reason may be for their lack of focus. I understand frustration over books, but that's not a reason to go after someone.

Just a thought.
Last edited by Termite on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Termite wrote:Only make sure you're walking in love, which is also believing the best of everyone. We are not here to judge and nit-pick but love everyone, even the not-so-great B&N employees... especially not knowing why they screw up at their jobs or what the reason may be for their lack of focus. I understand frustration over books, but that's not a reason to go after someone.

Just a thought.
I only said "if I was an employee." I'm not and I didn't. I did go to a different store and an employee was nice enough to go into the back room and come out with a stack of them, one of which she handed to me. Case closed. I was merely venting my frustration is all.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

LEE! :hug: I miss you around here.

My dad took me to Walmart so I could pack an Operation Christmas Child shoe box yesterday. \:D/
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

LG. Life's good.

Points to whoever gets that and has one.

School demands most of my attention, more than ever this year. It seems that my life is just school. Not quite sure how that happened, but it did. So I'll try to make the most of it.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

For the last two months the majority of my free time was taken up by a big Minecraft project that I finally finished today, and it's weird not feeling I have to play Minecraft instead of relaxing...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I'm ready for Thanksgiving Break. That's what's up.
Plus, the weather here in Virginia is fabulously beautiful.
The end.
\:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Trying to decide whether or not to do Italy Study Abroad. Need to decide by Tuesday.

Have to finish 4 projects by next Tuesday as well. Gahhh I'm not gonna make it....

Till the end of the line.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

I finished my math today in 25 minutes, I feel so productive \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I am really excited I only have a half hour of work left today but then I remember I have to work tomorrow and it is far less exciting. \:D/
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Will be off soon to eat Waldorf salad... and turkey... and mashed potatoes - with gravy... and stuffing... and pumpkin pie... and apple pie... and... best of all, we get to see GRANDMA! Life is good. O:)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Today turned out to be busier than I thought it would be. The salad I made turned out pretty good. Which surprises me considering that I made it by myself for the very first time. I just wish I could remember which book had the recipe in it. I'm glad I copied it before I put the book downstairs otherwise I would be out of luck. I have to remember my rule that this salad is only for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I was poking around my hard drive which used to be the family computer's. And in the backups it's the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack. Today is an iTunes. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

I drove somewhere by my self today for the first time. Slightly scary, but pretty fun \:D/