Movies on Netflix Instant

suggestions?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Movies on Netflix Instant

Post by Jesus' Princess »

We recently got Netflix Instant and I was wondering if anybody had some suggestions for good movies on there? I like all kinds of movies, but nothing R rated please :)

**yes I know Doctor Who is on there ;)
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I looked through my Netflix history to answer this post, so bear with me. ;)

I don't watch many movies, but there's a few episodes of the new "Sherlock" series, if you're into that sort of thing. Otherwise I believe the original series with Jeremy Brett from the 70's (which follow the books nearly word-for-word) are on there.

If you like musicals, you might like the Bollywood classic "Jodhaa Akbar" which is basically singing dancing and lots of color, and a good family movie.

"Not Without My Daughter" is a really good movie starring Sally Fields and based on a true story and an original novel.

"The Kite Runner" is another excellent one, though the book is better. It's about a boy growing up in Kabul, Afghanistan during the 1970s.

"Mrs. Polifax: Spy" is based on a really fun series of books about an elderly lady who decides to quit gardening and join the CIA.

"Agatha Christie's Endless Night" is based on the novel by the same name, a classic mystery with a really great/unsual ending.

"The Story of India" is a great documentary in 5 parts, really more about early civilizations and whatnot. It's pretty fascinating.

"A Room With a View" is the movie based on E.M Forester's classic novel. Basically a "proper English love story" set in the early 1900's.

"Anna and the King" is a modern adaptation of a great story about a schoolteacher who befriends the King of Siam in the early 1900s. It's rated PG-13, but that is due to some mild historical violence/war related things.

"Outsourced" is a cute Bollywood movie about an American guy who has to go live in India and falls in love with one of his employees there. Basically any Bollywood movie you find is going to be pretty clean, the most "content" they are allowed to show is kissing (though there can still be violence and some mild language). ;)

.... Hopefully this helps. Happy movie watching!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

War of the Gargantuas.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Top, I thought you going to mention something like Iron Man 2 or Captain America ;)

Definitely Sherlock, or Robin Hood (BBC shows for the win)

Till the end of the line.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

BBC Robin Hood. DO EET.

...and Thor \:D/

That's all I can think of at the moment ;)
*insert provocative quote here*
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Decoy Bride starring David Tennant. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Machine Gun Preacher! \:D/
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Downton Abbey \:D/ there is a slightly inappropriate scene in the first episode, so I wouldn't suggest younger children viewing that one.
I agree with everyone else, BBC Robin hood \:D/
I've heard Mirror, Mirror is decent
Gifted Hands

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^Mirror Mirror is cute and fun, I liked it :)

Equilibrium is good (I liked that movie a lot; I cheered when I saw it and Mirror Mirror on Netflix) \:D/ but then again, it's rated R, so you might not be allowed.

Till the end of the line.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Mirror Mirror is quite funny ;)
*insert provocative quote here*