No Bonus Features for Album 56?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

No Bonus Features for Album 56?

Post by WindowWasher »

I've noticed that there haven't been any bonus features for the last few albums. Any speculation on why? :-k
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

No clue as to why but I can say that the lack of bonus features has me a little disappointed. Although not having to juggle different players for various formats is very nice.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

the bonus features are only on the download version not the CD version
Last edited by Reddo on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:the bonus features are only on the download version not the CD version
That explains why I will never hear them. Downloading from CBD does not work for me. Seems to me they should include them on the CD albums as well. Despite my enjoying not having to juggle players I would have enjoyed hearing them as I love the behind the scenes info.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

They haven't been putting the bonus features on the CD albums because it's difficult to make them fit. If you want, you can still buy the hard copies and then just buy only the bonus features via iTunes. That way you get the best of both worlds.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

This is another thing that makes me wish for the good ol' days. I always buy the hard copy and I'd like to at least have a code or something so I could get the bonus stuff online for free.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Marvelous idea! Have you suggested that to the Odyssey team? I think it would be a great solution... and a great way to inform fans that there ARE bonus features.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It was really nice of the Odyssey team to tell us fans where the bonus features are. When I bought my copy of Album 56 I just assumed that none were made.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had no idea that buying the physical copy meant I was missing out on bonus features! I will continue to buy the CD's because I often listen in my car, plus otherwise my looong shelf of AIO albums would be incomplete otherwise, ;) but I do like the idea of a bonus code so that people who are interested can download for free. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to go to iTunes (thanks for the info, Jacob!) and buy whatever I'm missing! :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Here is what I was able to find:
Extended version of a rap song entitled "The Holy Hoopster" It is connected to episode 721 which is also entitled ""The Holy Hoopster."
If that is the only bonus feature I'm not buying. I don't care for rap music.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Laurie wrote:Here is what I was able to find:
Extended version of a rap song entitled "The Holy Hoopster" It is connected to episode 721 which is also entitled ""The Holy Hoopster."
this is what the wiki has listed for bonus features on the album 56 page

Audio Download Only
Behind-the-Scenes digital booklet with episode guide, fun facts, and more.
Bonus audio track - Extended mix of The Holy Hoopster rap
Bonus video track - Behind-the-Scenes of Push the Red Button
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:
Laurie wrote:Here is what I was able to find:
this is what the wiki has listed for bonus features on the album 56 page

Audio Download Only
Behind-the-Scenes digital booklet with episode guide, fun facts, and more.
Bonus audio track - Extended mix of The Holy Hoopster rap
Bonus video track - Behind-the-Scenes of Push the Red Button
The only item on iTunes that I've been able to find is the rap song. If the other stuff exists it is not on iTunes.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

The other stuff does exist. I've seen both of them with my own eyes. My guess is that iTunes does not have them because they are not audio.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Woody wrote:The other stuff does exist. I've seen both of them with my own eyes. My guess is that iTunes does not have them because they are not audio.
If that's the case then I won't be able to get them. Not a big deal anyway since episode summaries can be found online and there are episode summaries in the album pamphlet and I would rather have that anyway. As for the behind the scenes video it's not the first one I've missed and now I know it won't be the last.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

Jacob Isom wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:This is another thing that makes me wish for the good ol' days. I always buy the hard copy and I'd like to at least have a code or something so I could get the bonus stuff online for free.
Marvelous idea! Have you suggested that to the Odyssey team? I think it would be a great solution... and a great way to inform fans that there ARE bonus features.
I have and Nathan said that CBD doesn't do codes that way. And I don't think iTunes does either. As for why the bonus video from album 56 is not on there....no idea. iTunes albums can have videos with them. I have seen it several times, so I don't know why it was not put up.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AIOCREFan wrote:
Jacob Isom wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:This is another thing that makes me wish for the good ol' days. I always buy the hard copy and I'd like to at least have a code or something so I could get the bonus stuff online for free.
I have and Nathan said that CBD doesn't do codes that way. And I don't think iTunes does either. As for why the bonus video from album 56 is not on there....no idea. iTunes albums can have videos with them. I have seen it several times, so I don't know why it was not put up.
Disappointing, but there is nothing we can do about it. Has anybody thought to ask Nathan why the video is not up?
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Couldn't they do it off of Whitsend.org or the Focus site then?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Knight Fisher wrote:Couldn't they do it off of Whitsend.org or the Focus site then?
Brillant idea. =D>
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

Laurie wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:Couldn't they do it off of Whitsend.org or the Focus site then?
Brillant idea. =D>
Then someone would give out the link and tons of people would download it whether they have the album or not. It always happens. :(
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AIOCREFan wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Brillant idea. =D>
Then someone would give out the link and tons of people would download it whether they have the album or not. It always happens. :(
Well, it looks like this is another AIO video that will never be seen or heard. What a shame. :(