Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Congrats Sapphire! That's awesome. I knew you'd do well :)
orangie wrote:Driver's Ed and the test to get my permit were both easy, but it seems unnerving to me to get into a car with someone you don't know and have them grading your driving. I hope I get a really easy going cop to drive with.
Exactly. I'm taking my test soon and it seems really nerve racking to have someone grading you. Especiailly since I mix up my lefts and rights quite a bit, and have this weird thing, where if I make a mistake I'll start laughing even when it's not funny at all. Somehow I don't think the person grading the test will think turning accidentally left instead of right on a one way street is very funny... That's something I would do :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Just found out they are going to stop publishing Nintendo Power magazine. :(

I haven't read it in ages and ages but when I was a kid it was the awesomest thing ever. I blame the internetz.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Life is moving so fast and I'm excited about it! \:D/ Yesterday I opened up a checking account with a debit card and registered to vote, tomorrow is my college orientation, the day after I have an appointment to test drive a car, on September 5 I'll become a leader in our church's kids program for 4-5 year olds, on September 9 I should be starting a new position in the Technology/Media department at work, and in between all that I have 49 thank-you cards to write regarding my open house. :mad:

Life is a dream. A freaky, nerve-racking and intense dream, but a dream nonetheless. I feel like I can't pull this off without God, and I suppose that's a good feeling to have.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Wow. You're busy. Life is pretty slow where I live.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

School is starting soon, and we're probably going with this new curriculum, where you actually interact with this teacher, and they make sure your doing your work, and call your mom if you aren't. They give you writing assignments and stuff, it's all online. Plus, before you start, you have to do this diagnostic test so they can figure out where to put you, and what level your capable of. I don't want to slack off anymore, and be on the internetz while doing school, 'cause I want to be smart and everything, plus I want to go to vet school, so I'm happy,
My brother's computer broke down, so I have to share my mom's laptop with him. I love him and all, but he's a bit of a computer hog.

That's all that's happening in my very exciting life.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

iPads are cool but it's annoying to type more than a few words with them. :(
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

American Eagle wrote: Life is a dream. A freaky, nerve-racking and intense dream, but a dream nonetheless. I feel like I can't pull this off without God, and I suppose that's a good feeling to have.
Heh, I get you, AE. I'm moving sixteen hours away from home to attend a Bible college for a year and I spent two hours yesterday writing and rewriting lists of everything I'll need. No fun. :( Now I have to start getting it all together, but I don't have any boxes to put anything in yet, and I still have to find out if I'm taking some stuff like shampoo or buying it when we get out there... *mutters* And I have no car to go anywhere to get anything and I'm the only one at home.

:panic:
Last edited by Termite on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Today, everyone in the school got a Macbook Air. Not sure exactly how well going to 1-on-1 computers is going to work but we shall see. Other then that school has been pretty relaxed because I have two study halls until Monday when my online AP US History class starts. On a side note my dad and I surpassed 4 tons of honey tonight. We probably still have half a ton left to do but we are pulling everything off now and treating the bees.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

i. am. so. tired.

I know college is hard but I'm so ready for it to start so I can stop preparing for it. haha! Off to go pack more before bed! Tomorrow's the last day before lift off and still so much more to do!

Ahhh.... Jo always likes to do things the conventional way, ya know. Doesn't everyone find out they're going to college three weeks before it happens? heh...
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Hang in there, Joanne :) it gets better with each year.

Till the end of the line.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Speaking of college, I am very late in getting my classes (and even admitted in the first place), and it's kind of iffy on some of them even getting into... not good. >_>
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:Today, everyone in the school got a Macbook Air. Not sure exactly how well going to 1-on-1 computers is going to work but we shall see. Other then that school has been pretty relaxed because I have two study halls until Monday when my online AP US History class starts. On a side note my dad and I surpassed 4 tons of honey tonight. We probably still have half a ton left to do but we are pulling everything off now and treating the bees.
Do you use the Macbook Air for books so book expenses aren't so high? You guys have a honey bee hive? That's so cool! =D>
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

DOCTOR WHO IS BACK SEPTEMBER FIRST.

\:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
church
Pilgrim

Post by church »

DanP740 wrote:Speaking of college, I am very late in getting my classes (and even admitted in the first place), and it's kind of iffy on some of them even getting into... not good. >_>

I had 2 TBA classes that got scheduled at the same time. :dull:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Termite wrote:DOCTOR WHO IS BACK SEPTEMBER FIRST.

I have two friends who are going to join me that evening \:D/ We shall sit and eat popcorn while watching the first episode of the new season :inlove:

Meanwhile, school has started, and I had to wake up at 3:30 AM in order to finish my assignments before my co-op meeting at nine AM. >_< And then I got in trouble for dozing during a lecture. Ah, life is fun \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Can't wait to see it \:D/ unfortunately, I will be in the middle of moving in to my apartment at school :(

but who knows? maybe some of my doctor who fans at school will have access to a TV and are planning to watch it :)

Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Shennifer wrote:

Can't wait to see it \:D/ unfortunately, I will be in the middle of moving in to my apartment at school :(

but who knows? maybe some of my doctor who fans at school will have access to a TV and are planning to watch it :)
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU. I will be dragging my entire family to come and watch with me. This is my first series as an actual Whovian, so I absolutely can't wait. And I'm not prepared for the Pond's leaving AT ALL. This shall be interesting.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, I say go ahead with them... I can't wait for Clara to come in at Christmas. \:D/ But I'm not gonna have a TV in my apartment, so someone better pirate them and put them up on Youtube PRONTO. :panic:
Love you always, SnC
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

They''ll be on the internet the next day, or at least hours after it airs on TV, Termite.

I'm in the same boat as Trixie; I watched all the other episodes long after they had aired. So this is my first time watching it live! (or semi live, I guess :D)

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Yesterday was one of the happiest days of my life \:D/
I got to facetime with my older brother who's at college \:D/
I get to hangout with one of my best real life friends on Monday \:D/
I get to do the filming and video for the fall play \:D/
School starts in a little over a week \:D/
And I still have AP homework.... #-o

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/