The Hunger Games Trailer

Intensity Warning

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

EK wrote:I was under the impression in the hunger games the kids were starved so they killed, and then ate each other. >_> My cousin, a HG fanboy, had to correct me.
After hearing my sister talk about the hunger games, I imagined cannibals running around and eating each other. Seeing the movie trailer and reading the book changed my definition of the hunger games. That's funny we thought of the same thing.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

So I just saw the movie, it was okay, nothing spectacular. It was no Batman. ;)
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

In my opinion, the Hunger Games are way better than Batman. Particularly, the Dark Knight Rises was really disappointment after waiting for it to come out for nearly a year.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

No way, DKR was a masterpiece, Hunger Games was just kind of another movie to me, of course I didn't read the books so I'm not that invested...but, sheesh, I don't understand the rabid fandom.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I just finally saw DKR today and it was actually a really good movie.

Unlike Hunger Games.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

orangie wrote:In my opinion, the Hunger Games are way better than Batman. Particularly, the Dark Knight Rises was really disappointment after waiting for it to come out for nearly a year.
Are you seriously saying what I think you're saying?! :boohoo:

And yes, I say the Hunger Games was good, but not spectacular.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Eowyn18
Not as new

Post by Eowyn18 »

You go Orangie! The Hunger Games are awesome!!!! The Dark Knight was kind of boring to me. I was pretty disappointed with the villians and Batman himself did not seem at all like Batman. Batman does NOT RETIRE!!!!!!! :) The villians storylines were planned out well and then lazily ended. Kind of like, "Oh, we only have 2 hours and we're almost out of time so lets just kill everyone off quickly!" All in all the Dark Knight was not worth my time or money.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm just confused at the part about waiting it to come out for nearly a year. Were you in stasis the first few years since the last one? ;)
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

The Dark Knight Rises was 5 times the movie that Hunger Games was. /Endthread
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I'm not overly sure of the comparison, we should be comparing Ben Hur and Star Wars instead.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah, why are we comparing Batman and the Hunger Games again?? :-s Because I don't think they can compare at all. Even if the Hunger Games was a better movie.

Oh, and note that I am not dissing the Hunger Games. I did like it (hence I want to see the second one), it just wasn't the greatest movie I've seen.
Last edited by snubs on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm just confused at the part about waiting it to come out for nearly a year. Were you in stasis the first few years since the last one? ;)
I watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight sometime last summer because my sister received them for her birthday. When I heard that the Dark Knight Rises was in the process of being made, I really believed that it would be even better than the first two. I went to see the movie and it was probably the biggest disappointment I have had in all the movies I have watched. #-o The Hunger Games, on the other hand, I didn't anticipate at all, but was the best movie I have seen all year. =D>
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eowyn18 wrote:Batman does NOT RETIRE!!!!!!!
Ehhh, Batman's retired plenty of times in the canon of his story. Famously in Dark Knight Returns and the TV series Batman Beyond.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

...and when Bane broke his back, and when his plane blew up and he was presumed dead for quite a while...

...although that was more "near death and healing" than actually retiring.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Not to mention it wasn't supposed to be the typical Batman... ;)

ANYWAY. Batman aside, I enjoyed the Hunger Games. When my sister FINALLY buys it with her discounts and whatnot at Target I can watch it again and be more constructive. I do remember liking all the pretty colors, however.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Can I mention the score of this movie? The music in all great movies, especially trilogies, have been awesome (star wars, lotr, batman) the score in this movie seemed nonexistent. It was a real letdown, the score is usually overlooked as most people don't notice it, but, wow, the score was really lacking in hunger games.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

The Top Crusader wrote:I just thought the whole "Let us honor our noble heritage and victory by randomly selecting our dear citizens and make them fight to the death!" was really dumb, it was kind of hard to get past...
They play it as a great event, but the Games are meant as a punishment. The Capitol's "victory" was against its own people. I think that they might have explained it a little better in the book.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

That makes more sense... the movie glossed over it if it mentioned it at all.

Kind of like Jeremy Renner was disappointed we didn't get more backstory on his character Hawkeye in Avengers... I was thinking "what's the problem, he was in Thor and stuff.". Then I remembered he didn't actually do anything, I just know about him from the comics. Someone unfamiliar with the comics wouldn't get the impact of him turning in the first part of Avengers... They just see him as some random SHIELD dude, not a legendary comic book hero with tons of backstory.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah... being a non-comic fan, I had no idea Hawkeye was Hawkeye in Thor until I watched Thor with my mother AFTER seeing the Avengers, and Coulsen calls him by his last name. I wasn't even too sure then; I had to Wiki it. They should've made a movie about him and Natasha.

He was pretty cool, though, so his impact as a modern-day Legolas made the Avengers for me. :inlove:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah I would love a movie with him and possibly Black Widow. Without the other characters it could be a more down to earth spy thriller. >_>