The Best Marvel Movie?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What is your favorite Marvel movie?

Iron Man
35%
Iron Man 2
No votes
The Incredible Hulk
5%
Thor
15%
Captain America
20%
X Men
5%
X Men 2
No votes
X Men- The Last Stand
No votes
X Men Orgins: Wolverine
5%
X Men First Class
No votes
The Amazing Spiderman
No votes
Spiderman 1
5%
Spiderman 2
10%
Spiderman 3
No votes

Total votes: 20

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

The Best Marvel Movie?

Post by Taps »

Besides the Avengers, what is your favorite Marvel Movie, on this list? Please post why below.

I myself voted for Iron Man, it was an amazing movie. My second would probably be The Incredible Hulk, and then X Men First Class. What about you guys?
Last edited by Taps on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

CAPTAIN AMERICA!!

Law requires me to vote for the second-best superhero of all time.
he/him | a little stinker.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Err... where are all the other Marvel films? >_>

Anyway, Incredible Hulk is my favorite behind Avengers, and Iron Man a very close second, and X-men FIrst Class a very close third. \:D/

Steve... Cap is probably tied with Hulk as my favorite comic character... I didn't hate the movie, but there was just too much wrong with it to say its my favorite, as much as I love Cap. ;)

Loved Amazing Spider-man, Spider-man 2, Punisher, and others, but they aren't on the list of what I can vote for. :(
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

The Top Crusader wrote:Err... where are all the other Marvel films? >_>

Anyway, Incredible Hulk is my favorite behind Avengers, and Iron Man a very close second, and X-men FIrst Class a very close third. \:D/

Steve... Cap is probably tied with Hulk as my favorite comic character... I didn't hate the movie, but there was just too much wrong with it to say its my favorite, as much as I love Cap. ;)

Loved Amazing Spider-man, Spider-man 2, Punisher, and others, but they aren't on the list of what I can vote for. :(
It wasn't a perfect movie, by any means, however, I haven't seen Hulk or Iron Man, so those will probably beat it.
he/him | a little stinker.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Where are all of the Thor fans? :x

Speaking of which, I cannot WAIT for Thor 2 :inlove:
*insert provocative quote here*
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Pretty much all of the X-Men films are better than all the other ones (except maybe Iron Man and the Avengers, maybe the Hulk (which I haven't seen in a while0).

I'd go for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Amazing movie. The Final Stand is really good too.
Taps

Post by Taps »

The Top Crusader wrote:Err... where are all the other Marvel films? >_>

What other big important Marvel Movies are there?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Hmmm... off the top of my head...

Howard the Duck \:D/
Punisher '89
Punisher '04
Punisher War Zone
Blade
Blade 2
Blade Trinity
Spider-man
Spider-man 2
Spider-man 3
The Amazing Spider-man
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Daredevil
Elektra
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Hulk ('03)

Some of those were better than others... but *most* of them made a decent amount of money, even if they stank. ;)

But I dunno, in my mind now that Marvel has their own studio, when I hear "Marvel movie" I think of the official Marvel ones leading up to Avengers, but I guess the others are still Marvel movies, just not... actually made by them. There isn't really anything better to call them.

pip... you have... interesting taste. ;) I'm not like... criticizing your taste, but I always see on the internetz and all my friends liked the first X-men movie, loved the second, and thought the third and Wolverine were pretty bad. So... I'm just amused that you like those the best. >_>

The game based on the Wolverine movie was awesome, though. \:D/

...and its LAST Stand, not final. >_>
Taps

Post by Taps »

Oh my goodness- I COMPLETELY FORGOT SPIDERMAN

besides that though most of these are rated R or low budget.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I didn't really care for the Fantastic Four films but I think they tried to be a big deal... but yeah all the Punisher and Blade stuff was R rated (not sure why that matters >_>) and Ghost Rider was low budget I think. And Elektra doesn't really need to be on any polls for greatest, lol.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Well, I knew almost nobody on here would have seen any of those...
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Where are all of the Thor fans? :x
I loved Thor. :inlove: (Really I'm in love with Loki, but besides him I thought the movie was fantastic. I love the scene in the diner. :lol: )
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Did everyone forget about that little movie recently released called THE AVENGERS?! Best marvel movie, hands down.

Oh wait. The guy in the first post said "besides the avengers" why would you exclude that movie. :noway:

Combined double post: Musical Shutterbug
Marc.
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Marc. »

I haven't seen most of the movies there, but for me it was either Captain America or (un-popularly) Spiderman 1.
Spiderman won because I hate it when movies end with cliff hangers. And, for some reason, even though the Spiderman trilogy from what I've seen has generated lots of negative opinions about it, I really liked the first spiderman movie. The second two movies weren't that good, but the first one was great as far as my opinion is concerned.
Last edited by Marc. on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

Iron Man's the only one I can sit through on that list, so I guess it's the best by default.

Still, Avengers is the best.

Edited: Derp. I didn't notice that X-Men: First Class and The Amazing Spider-Man were both there too. Iron Man's still the best, but they're both good too.
Last edited by Kairi on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I suppose I should vote and rank them...

Out of the list, Incredible Hulk is my favorite by a hair, but its almost tied with Iron Man. Both excellent movies and did a great job building the Marvel U. I'd put Avengers over them, though, which is why it wasn't in the poll. ;) But to rank the list (plus Avengers, but I won't add all other random Marvel films)...

Avengers
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
X-Men: First Class
Spider-man 2
X2: X-men United
Captain America
Amazing Spider-man
Thor
Spider-man
X-Men
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Iron Man 2
X-Men: The Last Stand
Spider-man 3

...SM3 is probably the only one that I outright dislike, the others have at least some redeeming quality here or there, even if they aren't something I'd watch often. I feel kind of evil putting Wolverine over IM2, but its more my dislike for IM2 than enjoyment derived from Wolverine. ;)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I voted for the first X Men. I really liked that movie; and having seen it recently, made me wish I owned it. :)

I do like Iron Man, The Avengers, Captain America and the first Spider-man movie; (I agree with Marc. on in this). I haven't seen the Incredible Hulk, or X-Men Origins or First Class, or a bunch of others I won't list here. I did like Thor as well, though I'm not a Loki fangirl ;) I thought the parts on Asgard were less forced and cheesy than much of the action and *cough* romance *cough* on earth.

(I added those last two words hours after my original post, so it was an incomplete sentence for awhile)
Last edited by Shennifer on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Till the end of the line.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shennifer, you can get the x-men trilogy at wal mart for like 12 bucks. \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I want to see the Avengers again. It sure hurry up and come out on DVD. ;)

I've only seen five of those listed in the poll. xD (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America.) But I must say, Captain America was the best in my opinion, then Thor. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

EK wrote:Shennifer, you can get the x-men trilogy at wal mart for like 12 bucks. \:D/
Nice! But we already own the 2nd one...(yeah, I know, that doesn't make a lot of sense but it did at the time )

So yeah; X-Men, Captain America, and maybe Iron Man are my top favorites. And The Avengers.

Till the end of the line.