What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Set Apart Femininity by Leslie Ludy I recommend this book so much(for 16 ). God has used it to speak a lot to me. :)

& starting A Praying Life by Paul Miller. Libraries are a gift from God. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I just finished The Shunning By Beverly Lewis \:D/
I now must patiently wait to get The Confession and The Reckoning from the library
I may or may not go crazy waiting for it :mad:

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Lady Sybil wrote:I just finished The Shunning By Beverly Lewis \:D/
I now must patiently wait to get The Confession and The Reckoning from the library
I loved that book \:D/ The series is quite good :)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Lucy Pevensie. wrote:
Lady Sybil wrote:I just finished The Shunning By Beverly Lewis \:D/
I loved that book \:D/ The series is quite good :)
Yes, those are really good books! I love them!

I am now reading Longing by Karen Kingsbury. It's the second to last one of the series.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I started reading the book, My Father, Maker of the Trees. I think its going to be a sad book. :cry:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Secret Keeper by Sandra Byrd, it was excellent. Ms. Byrd has become one of my favorite authors. The sad part about finishing this one is that the next one does not come out until April of next year.:cry: Up next for me is Missing by Shelley Shepard Gray, it is the first book in her The Secrets of Crittenden County series/trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm reading Persuasion, by Jane Austen. I definitely like it. I've seen a movie version of it which I enjoyed, but it's nice to read the book and get more of the story :)

Till the end of the line.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Missing, it was excellent. I am now starting the second book in this trilogy: The Search.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
ique
Found

Post by ique »

The Power of Babel by John McWhorter. :D
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I just finished "Matched" by Ally Condie \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:I just finished "Matched" by Ally Condie \:D/
If you ever read "Crossed", let me know if you hated it as much as I did. \:D/ I'm hoping that maybe Condie will redeem herself with "Reached", but I don't really expect her to do so.

Back on topic, I'm currently reading The Man Who Was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton. It promises to be most quotable.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I ordered Crossed from the library earlier this week...I'm waiting for it to arrive :p
*insert provocative quote here*
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I'm currently reading "Jesus, Interrupted" by Bart Ehrman. And "Misquoting Truth" by Timothy Paul Jones, which I am reading after I just finished Misquoting Jesus by Bart Ehrman.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Search by Shelley Shepard Gray, it was excellent. My only problem is I have to wait an unknown amount of time to find out how the story ends. Next up for me is Annie's Truth by Beth Shriver. It is the first book in her Touch of Grace series/trilogy. New author for me.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I'm almost finished with The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. I still haven't decided if I like it.
Marc.
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Marc. »

I'm reading The Thief by Meghan Whalen Turner. It's a very good book about . . . A thief. It's set in an imaginary land heavily inspired by ancient Greece. I'm also reading Manzanar by John Armor and Peter Wright, which is a photographic record of American citizens jailed (by the American Government) in desert prison camps during World War II. Highly recommended, it is an important read. And I'm reading Whatever Happened to Justice by Richard Maybury. He is a very intelligent and knowledgable guy, and I would highly recommend that you read his "Uncle Eric" series of books. Very easy to read, yet also enlightening. (He knows his stuff. He has a testimonial on his website for his newsletter, informing you that the Pentagon and the CIA both subscribe to it for $300 a year. He essentially caused a rift in the Pentagon with his view. Half of them agreeing with him and half of them not.) And I started The Final Storm by Jeff Shaara. He is among the best when it comes to war novels.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I have just started The Scarlet Letter for school.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I finished reading Nevermore: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson in, like, two and a half hours tonight. O.O My mind is stunned and I'm still having a bit of trouble breathing regularly.
Last edited by Amethystic on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^speaking of Maximum Ride, I may start reading Angel online today; I found a website last night :)

I've been reading the Sherlock Holmes stories, Vol. 1; it's been pretty good so far. I started reading it because I liked the new TV show (the Robert Downey Jr. movie that I've seen)

Till the end of the line.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Annie's Truth and it was excellent. I have to wait until next year for the second one. Next up for me is Westward Hearts by Melody Carlson. It is the first book in her Homeward on the Oregon Trail seris/trilogy. I enjoy Melody Carlson she has written many books in the Grace Chapel Inn series which I absolutely love.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.