2012 Summer Olympics

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

2012 Summer Olympics

Post by bookworm »

They start in two weeks! Is anyone else excited?
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

The 2012 Olympics are responsible for my inability to purchase a UK plane ticket at a reasonable rate. :x
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm excited. I hope that since Comcast owns NBC I will get to see a lot of the events. Of course I will miss the Tour de France when it ends but the Olympics are always fun and it will be nice way to see London without leaving home.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I love the Olympics. I think I favor the Winter Games a little bit more, but I like them all.
I’m really excited for this one in particular, I hope Michael Phelps makes history!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Unfortunately, my family cannot get any television in our area, so I probably will not watch them. Unless we see partial clips online... :(
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You’ll probably be able to watch a lot of it online, NBC is pretty good about that when it comes to the Olympics.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:I love the Olympics. I think I favor the Winter Games a little bit more, but I like them all.
I’m really excited for this one in particular, I hope Michael Phelps makes history!
I prefer the winter games too but there are fun things to watch. Track and field is always interesting and I love watching the equestrian competition. The horses are so amazing to watch.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

USA. \:D/

I'm excited about cheering for my Americans in basketball, track and field, gymnastics, etc., but unfortunately, I will be at summer camp during most of the Olympics. Oh well.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

The Olympics are going to be amazing this year \:D/ I can't wait to watch them!
*insert provocative quote here*
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah, Winter way better. But these are fun too. My little sister has been counting down from about 120 days to go. :P
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

DAVID BECKHAM DIDN'T GET PICKED FOR THE ENGLAND TEAM.

:mecry:

Before anyone asks, there are only 18 players allowed for a squad list, and only 3 of them can be above at 23.... Gr. :x Ryan Giggs was chosen over him...

JUST BECAUSE THE QUEEN KNIGHTED HIM DOESN'T MEAN HE SHOULD'VE BEEN PICKED OVER BECKS.

And poor Gareth Bale. He would've definitely been chosen, but he's injured. Only time he would've ever won a medal of any importance, too. :mecry:
Last edited by Termite on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Knight Fisher wrote:Yeah, Winter way better. But these are fun too. My little sister has been counting down from about 120 days to go. :P
She sounds like me with the SC State Fair...
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I can't wait to watch the swimming and diving.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Knight Fisher wrote:My little sister has been counting down from about 120 days to go. :P
Awww<3

I really do prefer winter as well, but enjoy diving and gymnastics quite a bit!

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Matt Smith ran the torch for part of the relay. THEY HAVE THE WRONG DOCTOR RUNNING. :x
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am very excited about the Olympics this year! They are going to be amazing!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Amethystic wrote:Matt Smith ran the torch for part of the relay. THEY HAVE THE WRONG DOCTOR RUNNING. :x

It's true. *shudders*

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:Matt Smith ran the torch for part of the relay. THEY HAVE THE WRONG DOCTOR RUNNING. :x
first of all, that happened already? goodness, I would've liked to know when that was going down.

and I definitely agree with you; I wish the Olympics had been hosted by Great Britain while David Tennant was still the Doctor :( But in all fairness, Matt Smith is the current doctor and isn't that bad. I just happen to like the tenth Doctor more :)

Till the end of the line.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Shennifer wrote:
first of all, that happened already? goodness, I would've liked to know when that was going down.

and I definitely agree with you; I wish the Olympics had been hosted by Great Britain while David Tennant was still the Doctor :( But in all fairness, Matt Smith is the current doctor and isn't that bad. I just happen to like the tenth Doctor more :)
Matt Smith is great, but David Tennant ran the Olympic torch in season two. His absence ruining all of our Whovian hopes and fantasies.
Last edited by Amethystic on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Ohhh, that's right. I had forgotten that David Tennant ran the torch during that season. :-k

Our men's national soccer team didn't make it to the Games, but the women did, so I hope Abby Wambach leads us to gold. Other than that, I especially enjoy the pole-vaulting and swimming, but I will watch everything that I can. \:D/ Team USA, baby.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa