ToO Fantasy Football: Year 2

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Are you interested in playing fantasy football?

Yes, and I played last year, too! \:D/
50%
Yes! (But I didn't play last year.)
30%
No. I don't like fun. :noway:
No votes
No. I [i:1ao7tvdm]do[/i:1ao7tvdm] like fun, but this doesn't interest me.
20%

Total votes: 10

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

ToO Fantasy Football: Year 2

Post by Knight Fisher »

It's OTA time. Will we be doing this again? \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm totally in. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I'm in! (This time i'll actually commit to the league instead of abandoning it like I did the basketball league)

I did a league last year where I drafted E. Manning, C. Newton, Hakeem Nicks, M. Manningham and a bunch of other good players. (Mostly Giants players) Too bad my G-men didn't do anything significant until after the fantasy season was over. >_< (Of course being a Giants fan, I was happy with the outcome of real football ;) )
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I'll also join the league again. I'm looking for forward to football season again but I am still enjoying the baseball season.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:I'm looking for forward to football season again but I am still enjoying the baseball season.
THIS. Due to the ups and downs of the Detroit Tigers, I'm more interested in baseball than ever before. I should be going to one of their games in August. But yeah, football season is going to rock as well.

Shall I reactivate the league we had last year, and then we can open it up for EK and whoever to join? (Everyone who played last year is still around; AE, Laura, KF, bookworm, SWA, JWS.) It'd be pretty sweet if we could get an 8 or 10 team league going. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The Cubs stink. So I'm ready for baseball to be over. :roll:

Yes! Reactivate. The more the merrier. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

When it starts there should be a new thread made for it.
But yes, reuse the old league. We’ll have a new draft right? We’re not keeping our players?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah i'm sure there's a new draft, i'm sure someone wants to take a gamble on Luck. (Hah, see what I did there?) Or get RG3 who i'm sure is going to be an AWESOME QB.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

If we started say a month to three weeks before the season could we have a draft in the thread? Where we would make our picks in order and AE would setup teams accordingly. Instead of Autopick. That way we have more control. :shrugs:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That might be fun, if we make sure there’s plenty of time to get it done.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The current players (reactivated from last year) are: American Eagle, bookworm, Laura Ingalls, Knight Fisher, Jason Whit's Son, Stop Wooton' Around.

Laura Ingalls, Jason Whit's Son, Stop Wooton' Around, if you guys want to drop out this year, let me know. \:D/ There is a $2500 drop-out fee, though.

EK, send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you in.

If anyone else wants to join, welcome! Message me your email address and you can play.

Draft idea:
Knight Fisher wrote:If we started say a month to three weeks before the season could we have a draft in the thread? Where we would make our picks in order and AE would setup teams accordingly. Instead of Autopick. That way we have more control. :shrugs:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Under that system, I would get the first pick because I had the worst record last year, right?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Usually yes. But then how would we work in the new teams? We couldn't just stick them in the front or the back.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sure we could :x
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

If you really want to pull that card. Technically Da Jays get first pick because you beat them in the consolation ladder. \:D/ http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/fina ... eId=152811
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Nope, because that didn’t affect the record.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

But it counts as a playoff game. And if we follow NFL draft rules the Da Jays would get to pick ahead of you. I would completely go for 5th pick though.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Who said we were following their draft rules? I just said I had the worst record so I should get the first pick. I deserve something for the garbage I had to put up with last year.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The picks should be randomized, as always. The rosters from previous season(s) do not carry over and therefore, bookworm, there's no reason for you to get an advantage.

Monty will be joining the league shortly. \:D/

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I got the email yesterday or whenever you sent it out, and I was very happy. \:D/ This year I will PWN all you football knowledgeable boys, and actually do good in the playoffs. :neener: So there.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.