What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Sushi for One? by Camy Tang

I'm not really enjoying it. There doesn't seem to be a common thread holding the plot together.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I just finished Catching Fire. I really enjoyed it.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

An Acceptable Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I'm not too into it yet...I don't know if I'll finish it - The Space Trilogy just came in the mail and and I can't wait to read it (albeit for the second or third time).
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"Because of Winn-Dixie." I know that it's more of a kids book, but I had never read it or seen the movie, so it was still new to me. I really enjoyed it. \:D/ I want to see the movie now too. A well-written book can be enjoyed at any age.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I just finished "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. They're both set in Kabul, Afghanistan. Very interesting. :)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I just finished Redemption, by Karen Kingsbury, I liked it.

I'm now reading a book that my friend wrote, she's asked me to proof it, so I'm going through it. Its really good :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Love Finds You in Annapolis Maryland, it was excellent. Next up for me is contemporary. I'm starting a series of mysteries that is only available from Guidposts, you cannot buy them at any bookstore or CBD you have to buy them from Guidposts. Except for the first three (which can be ordered online) you have to call their 800 number to order. The series is titled Patchwork Mysteries and the first one is Family Patterns by Kristin Eckhardt.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

pip wrote:An Acceptable Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I'm not too into it yet...I don't know if I'll finish it - The Space Trilogy just came in the mail and and I can't wait to read it (albeit for the second or third time).
Ah, the Space Trilogy; loved those books \:D/ I should read them again.

oh and I'm reading What Are You Waiting For, by Dannah Gresh.
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu May 31, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

I'm reading a Mere Christianity and The Problem of Pain, both by C.S. Lewis :)!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Kenric! \:D/ Yay!

I'm reading "Once Upon a Thanksgiving," a light read with two novellas in it. I've read it before and both stories are by authors that I enjoy (Linda Ford and Winnie Griggs) and I decided to read it again because I'm trying to clear some books off my shelves. I decided to read it again and then pass it on to some girls that I know will enjoy it!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Family Patterns, it was excellent. I have fallen completely in love with this series. Next up for me is number two in the series Time To Share by Jo Ann Brown.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I just started Edge of Eternity by Randy Alcorn. I've read it before, but decided to read it again because I liked it so much.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished the third book in the Patchwork Mystery series last night. It was excellent. I have to wait until 4 and 5 arrive before I can read more of that series. Now I am reading Home for the Holidays by Rebecca Kelly, it is the seventh book in the Grace Chapel Inn series.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I'm about halfway through The Time Machine by H. G. Wells.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I just started on "Q&A: A Novel" by Vikas Swarup. I think the movie Slumdog Millionaire was based off of this book, but they have very little in common, other than that both are about a guy that wins a quiz show. ;)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am reading Hamlet by Shakespeare. It's pretty interesting actually.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I started the Adventures of Tom Sawyer yesterday. So far, it has been fun to read.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I read Remember, by Karen Kingsbury, and now I'm reading Roses for Mama by Janette Oke
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Taps wrote:I really enjoyed Brucko. (I read it last year for my school.) I thought it was a very good story and testimony. Being a missionary is hard :(

I'm re-reading LOTR again.
I love that book, too. Its amazing what God did through a nineteen-year-old guy who trusted in Him.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Sherlock wrote:I just finished "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. They're both set in Kabul, Afghanistan. Very interesting. :)
I saw the Kite Runner film adaptation. It was pretty good. :yes: