713: Something Old, Something New Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate this episode

5 bubble blowers
47%
4 flower bouquets
29%
3 veils
12%
2 rings
6%
1 bride
6%

Total votes: 17

Bren
Be positive!

713: Something Old, Something New Part 1

Post by Bren »

dun dun dun dun
dun dun dun dun

The music's playing but who's getting married?

Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Sat May 19, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: to keep the title consistent to other threads
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I have to protest the poll. 5 bubble blowers, 4 flower bouquets, 3 veils, 2 rings, 1 bride? The lowest option is the most important. :x

Aaand I'll listen to this tomorrow. :D

Edit:

Then again, listened to it just now. :P

"I hate it when Eugene is right."

"Okay, people don't normally stuff their hair in their handbags."

Penny came back. :( I wish Connie had a different friend. Not a girl Wooton friend.

Connie was wonderful in this episode, her and Eugene, it was like the older times again. xD Matthew comes across as too uncaring, and Emily comes across as way too aggressive. We need to hit a middle line here. I did love how Connie and Wooton acted like a couple for a short time. XD And the Barclay reference was wonderful as well. Keep building AIO back up, Focus. \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

You promised! :x You said no way he's coming back. :x Cats are not extinct. :x You had our trust and support because Mitch, was never, coming back. :x Now you've betrayed that trust. And I cannot fully believe anything from you again. That was low. How could you?

EDIT: And why not just see who you sent the email too. You don't need an address book for that...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I have to comments:

Wooten has sideburns?

And

I highly enjoy the fact that Mitch is back. Does that mean that Novacom 2.0 is in order?
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Mitch is back!!! Ah, now I have to wait a whole week...... :x

4/5
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

The only bad thing about this episode was the fact that we have to wait until next week to find out what happens.
Does anyone else think Mitch is only coming back to try and capture 'Mystery Woman'?
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Who is Mystery Woman?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

Whoa...this was even bigger than the reveal of the Stiletto...and just like that reveal, it was executed perfectly. A good plot twist has to be both surprising and logical, and Mitch's return makes perfect sense to come back now...and his circumstances for coming back were certainly surprising. It was even foreshadowed throughout the episode, as Connie reminisced on her almost wedding when wearing the dress. Will Mitch and his fiance break up, or will Connie have to start anew looking for a new boyfriend? Seven days seems way too long.

Katie Leigh was wonderful as Connie in this episode, although screaming "MITCH!" was a bit much. Actually, I enjoyed everyone's performances in this episode, except for Wooton. What happened to his sense of morality when he tried to take advantage of the mishap by taking all the food offered to him? That was the part that I didn't appreciate. And I thought "I missed the emoticons" was insensitive after Connie shared about her almost Mitch wedding. Wooton has yet to impress me or make me laugh since before the hiatus, although Hamsammich sounded ADORABLE.

Matthew and Emily's mystery was surprisingly enjoyable, and their scenes with Penny reminded me of Harlow Doyle type shows. In fact, it's my favorite ME episode since Green Ring Conspiracy: Part 1. The mystery was really entertaining, and the banter between them was hilarious. Looking forward to the conclusion!

Bob Hoose department security cameo...

I wonder if the connection between the two stories will be that the C.G. is Mitch and "Jessica Brown" is his fiance...

Mr. Fishbine from the jewelry store? Gifts for Madge and Guy?

I want Penny's mother to appear on the show after hearing her voice for two seconds...

Loved Connie talking about calls from her mother and George Barclay. One of the funniest parts of the show. "He said I need counseling." "Premarital?" "No, actual counseling, he thinks I'm crazy for marrying Wooton." June Kendall, come back!

Speaking of Penny, she's grown on me and now I think she's a great addition to the cast, as long as sheand Wooton don't get together.

I think that if they bring Wooton back to pre-hiatus Wooton, and make Hand Up not disappear out of the blue, all the awkward changes will go away and Odyssey will return to a world with no holes! But Album 55 was a fantastic album, and my favorite since Album 49!

90/100

Quick comment on Album 55: I like album covers that illustrate a scene from the album, this was just a representative cover of the four main characters in the deep end of a swimming pool...
Last edited by whittaker96 on Sat May 12, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

...what in the world?!?! Mitch?!?!?!?!?

O.O

I feel a bit like Connie did after she found out that Mitch was actually alive. I mean, a long time ago I accepted that he probably wouldn't appear on the show again, but now... I'm in shock.

I've never been quite sure how I would if Mitch returned, but for now, I think I'm happy about it. It'll be nice to hear from the character who inspired my username again. But I'm nervous too, about everything could happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Mitch is back!!! Ah, now I have to wait a whole week...... :x

4/5
*shouldn't have read this thread before the episode was over*

MITCH IS BACK!?!? I just finished listening to the Novacom Saga and was feeling so bad that Mitch and Connie didn't end up getting married. :( I probably should listen to the rest of this before coming to a conclusion though...

EDIT: No! I wish I could clobber the AIO writers right now. I'd rather Mitch stay away forever than to get married to someone else! Poor Connie. :mecry:

\:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Astronomer wrote:The only bad thing about this episode was the fact that we have to wait until next week to find out what happens.
Does anyone else think Mitch is only coming back to try and capture 'Mystery Woman'?
My personal guess is that Mitch is working with MW. I mean, obviously, Mitch is 'Cute Guy'. xD

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Connie should not date or marry, ever. Mitch would be better off marrying his girlfriend seeing as how Connie does not handle dating well at all.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Laurie wrote:Mitch should stay away for ever. It's a lot better for him to marry anyone other than Connie. Connie should not even be allowed to date much less get married. She did not handle dating Mitch well at all and were she to marry, it would be absolutely horrible.
I was of this opinion for a while, but. Honestly, I think she needs to move on with her life some. Not quit Whit's End, but do something more than what she's been doing the last however many years. People grow up, it's a part of life. I personally hate it when people grow up and change, for instance, some of my friends recently started courting, things just aren't the same. :P But change is good and brings about more growth. \:D/

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

:thud:

Seriously.

Has there ever been a better twist in Odyssey? Perhaps, but this one rocked anyway. \:D/ I cannot wait for next week.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Oh! And a computer virus shows up along with Mitch? :P

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Laurie wrote:Mitch should stay away for ever. It's a lot better for him to marry anyone other than Connie. Connie should not even be allowed to date much less get married. She did not handle dating Mitch well at all and were she to marry, it would be absolutely horrible.
I was of this opinion for a while, but. Honestly, I think she needs to move on with her life some. Not quit Whit's End, but do something more than what she's been doing the last however many years. People grow up, it's a part of life. I personally hate it when people grow up and change, for instance, some of my friends recently started courting, things just aren't the same. :P But change is good and brings about more growth. \:D/
Connie acting the way she did while dating Mitch is a good change? Sorry, but I am blatantly skeptical of that one and always will be. I have a friend who has a high school age daughter who is dating and I guarantee you her parents make sure she acts her age, I've seen it with my own eyes. Connie would benefit greatly from that same discipline before she ever dates or gets married to Mitch or anyone else.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Laurie wrote:
Connie acting the way she did while dating Mitch is a good change? Sorry, but I am blatantly skeptical of that one and always will be. I have a friend who has a high school age daughter who is dating and I guarantee you her parents make sure she acts her age, I've seen it with my own eyes. Connie would benefit greatly from that same discipline before she ever dates or gets married to Mitch or anyone else.
She could mature before and during the relationship. I mean, things have stayed this way for how long? And Connie's still the same ol' Connie. :yes:

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laurie wrote:
Connie acting the way she did while dating Mitch is a good change? I am blatantly skeptical of that one and always will be. I have a friend who has a high school age daughter who is dating and I guarantee you her parents make sure she acts her age, I've seen it with my own eyes. Connie would benefit greatly from that same discipline before she ever dates or gets married to Mitch or anyone else.
She could mature before and during the relationship. I mean, things have stayed this way for how long? And Connie's still the same ol' Connie. :yes:
Connie maturing before and during a relationship? :hilarious: Very unlikely. I would have to actually hear it before I believed it and believe me I would love to hear it. Connie is very capable of being mature but sadly she does not show it while dating. If and when she demonstrates maturity while dating I will change my opinion.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Astronomer wrote:The only bad thing about this episode was the fact that we have to wait until next week to find out what happens.
My personal guess is that Mitch is working with MW. I mean, obviously, Mitch is 'Cute Guy'. xD
Oh? I hadn't thought of that. Although personally I think the 'MW' and 'Cute Guy' are forging paintings, and selling them for the originals. :-

Oh man, an entire week until we hear the conclusion.... #-o
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

This is a MAJOR spoiler and is not to be viewed unless you have

1. Listened to Part 2
2. Are prepared to spoil Part 2 for yourself
I see that I am the only one to have rated this episode with only 3 stars. This is mostly because of what happens in Part 2. The episode seemed rather pointless since it's just "Mitch comes back, breaks Connie's heart by marrying someone else, and leaves to marry Maureen." When we begged for Mitch to return, we were NOT asking for an official break-up. We were asking for them to get back together. I admit the plot-twists were awesome, but I really wish they had made Maureen actually be a criminal. Or at least draw it out for an album or two(Mitch keeps dating Maureen, while Connie and everyone at Whit's End considers her a criminal, and when Jason comes to Odyssey after "The Labyrinth" he proceeds to arrest her, then discover she is an FBI agent). It would make for a great cliffhanger at the end of an album. The Connie and Whit scene near the end was great, I admit that. It seems Andre Stoijka is finally starting to become the Whit we all know and love. Also, at the very end, when Mitch leaves Connie yellow tulips, I noticed a major slip-up on the part of the writer. It was not Mitch, but Rodney who gave Connie the yellow tulips. Mitch never knew about the yellow tulips!!! At the beginning, I was excited to see Mitch return, but was disappointed when the only reason he showed up was to break Connie's(and us fans') heart. It's a waste to give up the perfect man for Connie. To destroy our hopes for Connie and Mitch once was bad enough... but to do it again? I loved the plot twists, and was(quite literally) jumping up and down when Eugene, Wooton, Penny, Matthew and Emily discover that Maureen is a criminal, but was crushed when Mitch told Connie that she was an FBI agent. Overall I say, the plot twists were great, but finding out that there is no hope that Mitch and Connie will never get married was perfectly heartbreaking. :(

Also, if you are a person who is spoiling themselves, here are some spoilers for you.

MW = Maureen(Mitch's fiancee)
CG = Mitch
Maureen is an FBI agent working undercover as an art forger.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!