Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

We made our first 2012 batch of cheese yesterday. It went pretty well, considering we haven't done it since last November. We made a small batch of our blue cheese. We also had our fiftieth calf for this year, and Mom and I had to get it in from the top pasture while it was hailing. At least the calf was under a tree and I was able to put it in the back of our little Suzuki Sidekick to get it down to the barn. Only nine more to go! In my food marketing class my group is submitting the first draft of our 14 page marketing plan, so we'll see what kind of feedback we will get on it.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I recently started driver's ed. The class is every night from Monday through Thursday. So, I am not able to dance much. I am really sad about that, but I am glad I am able to get this class done and over with before the summer. I am still looking for a job. If anyone knows a place that would hire a sixteen year old for the summer, please let me know. Thanks. :)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Sapphire wrote:I recently started driver's ed. The class is every night from Monday through Thursday. So, I am not able to dance much. I am really sad about that, but I am glad I am able to get this class done and over with before the summer. I am still looking for a job. If anyone knows a place that would hire a sixteen year old for the summer, please let me know. Thanks. :)
Whit's End \:D/ Simple.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Graces4you wrote:
Monty wrote:I am so ready for the ACT. Not to, like, take it and ace it, but to get it done so I don't have to worry anymore. (At least until I get my scores back...)
I'm sure you'll do fine Monty, have you taken any of the practice tests?
A few times. I've taken it before, and want to get a better score than my previous time.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Monty wrote:
Graces4you wrote:
Monty wrote:I am so ready for the ACT. Not to, like, take it and ace it, but to get it done so I don't have to worry anymore. (At least until I get my scores back...)
A few times. I've taken it before, and want to get a better score than my previous time.
hahahahahahahahhahaha!!! I DIDN'T HAVE TO TAKE THE ACT EVER!!!
\:D/
In a week and one day I'll be done with finals and have summer!!! :D
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Sapphire wrote:I recently started driver's ed. The class is every night from Monday through Thursday. So, I am not able to dance much. I am really sad about that, but I am glad I am able to get this class done and over with before the summer. I am still looking for a job. If anyone knows a place that would hire a sixteen year old for the summer, please let me know. Thanks. :)
That's a lot, my drivers ed was only one night a week, but it was for 6 hours. (3 in classroom, 2 behind the wheel, and then an hour in-between) It was really good to take though.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Anna><> wrote:
Monty wrote:
Graces4you wrote:
hahahahahahahahhahaha!!! I DIDN'T HAVE TO TAKE THE ACT EVER!!!
\:D/
In a week and one day I'll be done with finals and have summer!!! :D
Why don't you, Anna? :anxious: The world is just not fair :(

*sigh* Here we take the SAT :( and I dread the day when I will have to take it. Hope you do well, Monty, and I'll be praying for you! \:D/
Last edited by Parker Family on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

I took the SAT..... It was miserable fr me because not only was I young, and stuff, but I had a really bad cold that day, so I could barely breath or swallow.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

poor JP. :(

I have to take the SAT on June 2nd, and the ACT on June 9th. Not looking forward to that. AT ALL.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I live in Canada so I didn't have to take the SAT or ACT or anything like that. I just had to graduate from highschool to get into university.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Anna><> wrote:I live in Canada so I didn't have to take the SAT or ACT or anything like that. I just had to graduate from highschool to get into university.
:x we all hate you.

They are the worst things ever. I'm actually studying for the SAT right now...
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Joanne wrote:
Anna><> wrote:I live in Canada so I didn't have to take the SAT or ACT or anything like that. I just had to graduate from highschool to get into university.

I second that :x We declare war on the Canadians because they are so unfair :x

I have a question. Do Canadians all take the same curriculum? And do they take the same test? How do they differentiate between different students' ability?
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Late this afternoon my throat started hurting really bad, as well as my sinuses. I used the saline solution to try and help clear my sinuses, and rubbed some mentholatum ointment on my nose and throat. That didn't help very much, so I made some honey lemon water and drank some - which really didn't help much either. I'm also going to put some garlic in my soup, although I really don't know if that will help. I may have to go to the doctor tomorrow to see if I have another sinus infections.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Sunshine wrote:Late this afternoon my throat started hurting really bad, as well as my sinuses. I used the saline solution to try and help clear my sinuses, and rubbed some mentholatum ointment on my nose and throat. That didn't help very much, so I made some honey lemon water and drank some - which really didn't help much either. I'm also going to put some garlic in my soup, although I really don't know if that will help. I may have to go to the doctor tomorrow to see if I have another sinus infections.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
I woke up feeling like that... :( Been drinking my hot tea with honey and lemon, and for me, running outside in the fresh air seems to help clear things up. That might just be me, but I felt sooo much better after I ran. A shower may help as well.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Today was a looong day and it's not quite over yet ;) but I did see one of my best friends at school today, she's home schooled, but does sports at my school and she had her first golf meet \:D/ on the the varsity team and she was really excited, I'm making brownies right now, the timer should be beeping at any time now ;)

double post fixed -tkd.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

@Gracy: Mmm... brownies!

@JP: Thanks. Maybe I should try going outside. :yes:
Last edited by Sunshine on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Sunshine wrote:@Gracy: Mmm... brownies!

@JP: Thanks. Maybe I should try going outside. :yes:
That was my dad's reaction, but they're not for our family, they're for a church retreat I'm going on ;)

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Parker Family wrote:
Joanne wrote:

I second that :x We declare war on the Canadians because they are so unfair :x

I have a question. Do Canadians all take the same curriculum? And do they take the same test? How do they differentiate between different students' ability?
I had to write provincial diploma exams. I don't know what they are like in comparison to the SAT or ACT though. You write a different diploma exam in grade 12 for each subject you take and it's worth 50% of your grade where I live.

Not all Canadians take the same curriculum. Every province has their own curriculum. I took the same diploma exam as everyone in my province though, but not the same exams as other provinces do. My province weighs the diploma exams very heavily so then they balance out if one teacher is a really hard marker or one is easy. And then everyone has a fairly decent analysis of their abilities.

I don't think high school's a really big deal in Canada like it is in USA. I never stressed over my grades or getting into college or university.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Peeta wrote:
Whit's End \:D/ Simple.
Wow! Peeta, thank you so much! Why didn't I think of that before!? Brilliant! :P
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Yesterday for the first time of my life bum bum bum................................... I WENT TO SCHOOL. While I actually just shadowed a friend of mine. It was really interesting now I am really tired because of the long day of school and then I had swimming for 2 hours right after school. Also we are trying to sell our house so we put it on last Monday and have already had 3 showing then there is another one tonight and two tomorrow. So we have to keep the house really clean.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.