Writers

although obviously if you're on a forum..

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which of these do you enjoy writing the most? \:D/

Short Stories
21%
Tall Tales
6%
Novels
23%
Mafia Deaths
6%
Poetry
17%
Report Papers
12%
RPGs
12%
Scripts
4%

Total votes: 52

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Writers

Post by The Kings Daughter »

So, the ToO used to have loads of writers, but some member left, and new joined. So I'd like to know how many writers we still have on here. \:D/ Answer the poll and discuss how you write. <|<Smart responses to the last sentence will be responded to with 5 comment posts per wise guy.

Options:
  • Short Stories(A older random's attention span..?)
  • Tall Tales(Josh lives in La-la-land.)
  • Novels(Getting past two charrie days in 5 chapers.)
  • Mafia Deaths(Ding dong, the witch is dead!)
  • Poetry(I'm a poet, and I know it. DollarMart forever.)
  • Report Papers(2,000 words on Effie's hair.)
  • RPGs(If this gets a lot of votes, Gowers will have no excuse for being dead. Mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do. )
  • Scripts (AIO's newest writer.)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I honestly don't like to write. :anxious: There's no option for that in the poll. :(

\:D/
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I write very slowly and constantly rewrite. To give an example: I've been working on a novel since I was 11... and now I'm 15. #-o And I still haven't finished.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well I usually use a keyboard, pen or mechanical pencils. (You begged like crazy for that. :noway:)

I have one serious writing project in my life. It's planned to be 8 novels. Not going anywhere because I don't like how it reads. :|
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I heard somewhere that 'Writing is rewriting'. I'm not sure how many writers actually follow this principle, but some surely must.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I write essays and lab reports for school. I write more lab reports than essays. I enjoy writing essays a lot more than stories. I really like the technical style (rather than creative style) of lab writing.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I've recently fallen in love with poetry, so I like writing a poem here and there, plus it's sort of required to write a poem a week for school.

I've always enjoyed the short story though. Usually they're very short and very outlandish.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I write, Mostly short stories, although I've attempted a few poems, one kind of turned into a half finished song.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

For the most part, I write poetry, short stories, novels, and report papers. I also do RPGs.
Astronomer wrote:I write very slowly and constantly rewrite. To give an example: I've been working on a novel since I was 11... and now I'm 15. #-o And I still haven't finished.
Hehe. I know how you feel. I can be a slow writer too. :anxious:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I write short stories the best; go on my FanFiction profile for proof. I usually either write one shots or collections of one shots.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I wrote some really lousy free-verse poetry awhile back. I should find it and post it. However, Mafia Deaths are the easiest things to write.
he/him | a little stinker.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Poetry is a fun way to express ideas quickly, and short stories are lots of fun too--though they take me forever to write. My real passion, however, is definitely for novels, even though I've yet to get any further than a rough draft. :( So many books to write, so little time and discipline to write them.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Amethystic wrote:Poetry is a fun way to express ideas quickly, and short stories are lots of fun too--though they take me forever to write. My real passion, however, is definitely for novels, even though I've yet to get any further than a rough draft. :( So many books to write, so little time and discipline to write them.
Same here, Amethystic. I love poetry. I can write up a poem in about ten minutes. Short stories are pretty easy to write too, but I haven't gotten very far in the novel business. And, that's where my passion lies too. So, don't worry. You aren't alone.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I really love writing haiku. They are so short and to the point, and if they aren't to the point at least they are short. ;) Other than that I really don't like writing, but I do love researching, so I somewhat enjoy writing research papers.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Well, I really enjoy writing, though, I don't know if I'm any good. :anxious: I've written some free-verse poetry, one that won a small contest on a site called Howrse. No big deal, no real prize. I RP quite a bit, and enjoy doing it. Alas, I don't think I could get enough interest in an RPG that I start. It would probably end up dead. I have some ideas, so, if anyone would be willing to form a plot, and help me get an RPG started, PM me, and we can talk. Mostly, though, I write short stories. Around the internet, on my own, for Howrse. I don't draft. I just write. The creativity flows. I'm sure I'll draft.....eventually. I mostly do RPG's, though, because I need someone to give me something to work with. You know, someone gives me a general idea of what I have to write about. Or someone to give me an idea.
SilverIllusion
Tallying up
Location: I am an Illusion, am I not? Therefore if I told you where I was it would only be an Illusion...

Post by SilverIllusion »

I write mostly novels and poetry. Trying my hand at short stories, which I do enjoy. Yet, thy turn out rather long for short stories. XD. I do like RPG's, but I'm often left behind because I write a lot, and I'm a slow typer.

Thanks snubs and Anemone!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I write some, mostly short fanfiction. I also like writing Dr. Suess-like poetry every once in a while.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I keep trying to remember to post my most recent poems up on the ToO; that way they don't just sit on my computer and collect dust. I put one up in Inventor's Corner the other day. :yes:
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I like reading about how to write novels, not so much the writing part though. So I have lots of theory and not much experience.
I write very slowly and constantly rewrite. To give an example: I've been working on a novel since I was 11... and now I'm 15. #-o And I still haven't finished.
I would suggest based what I have learned that you right out the entire book no matter how bad it is, because once you have the end written out you will likely have to rewrite the beginning any way.

I mostly just like the world building part.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I write occasionally and I prefer to write report papers about war especially.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/