Something Old, Something New CAUTION SPOILERS!!!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Something Old, Something New CAUTION SPOILERS!!!

Post by Woody »

I don't believe it!!! Mitch and Connie are supposed to be together. :x I can't believe they did this!!! And plus, Mitch doesn't know about the yellow tulips. Rodney gave those to Connie!!! Mitch never found out about them!!! :x I can't believe they did this!!!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^I hadn't thought of Mitch not knowing about the yellow tulips. Anyway, when I heard Mitch's voice my jaw dropped and I was so excited. I'm not sure I want Connie and Mitch to be together; it got too complicated and plus, Mitch seemed to lose interest in Connie when he was involved with FBI stuff (then again I didn't always like how Connie acted in the relationship; I sure didn't know what Mitch seemed to see in her. no offense to Connie, but she acted kinda...I don't know, ditsy sometimes.)
But I definitely understood and empathized with what Connie felt about Mitch being in a new relationship and feeling sad and disappointed about what might've been; and even jealous of his fiance.

Till the end of the line.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Anyways, I knew the whole time that CG (Cute Guy) was going to be Mitch and that MW (Mystery Woman) was going to be Maureen. I anticipated her being a "criminal" but definitely didn't expect the twist of her being an FBI agent.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

It's very likely that during the course of their relationship, Connie revealed to Mitch that she loves tulips (as she said in "Green Eyes and Yellow Tulips" to Joanne). And yellow is the color of friendship, so what better parting gift than yellow tulips to signify that they're still friends and a nice reminder that he still remembers little the details about Connie?

Plus, I think the emphasis in "Something Old, Something New" on yellow tulips was on the fact that the relationship started in "Green Eyes and Yellow Tulips" (a nice tip-of-the-hat to the beginning of the whole saga).

Just a thought.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I'm happy they finally got Mitch entirely out of the picture. He was fun for a while, but it was obvious he needed to go. Now they don't have to have fans writing in all the time to tell them to bring him back at least.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Jesus_Minime wrote:I'm happy they finally got Mitch entirely out of the picture. He was fun for a while, but it was obvious he needed to go. Now they don't have to have fans writing in all the time to tell them to bring him back at least.
I completely agree, although I'm sure cans will continue to write in and ask when's he coming back again....
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Wait, Mitch comes back? How dare she break her promise. :x
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^that's what you get for reading a spoiler thread ;)

Till the end of the line.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

True, but still. :noway: *waits 8 weeks for part one and exits thread*
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.